THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+22
Indy51
RANDBURG
Dillinger
beardie
Avocado Sevenfold
Andy12345
Eddie
graham64
Karen
Sally
Sharon
Meredith
Sarah
sanguine
Paul1976
OldTech
zand
clearviews
cold ethyl
horfilmania
Scandichic
mo1905
26 posters

What did you have for dinner tonight?

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

What did you have for dinner tonight? Empty What did you have for dinner tonight?

Post by Jan1 Tue Sep 02 2014, 21:05

What did you have for dinner tonight? Proxy?url=http%3A%2F%2F4.bp.blogspot.com%2F-P_QrPCdeF2Y%2FVAYfsQs_E0I%2FAAAAAAAAH9c%2F7nsIl0Q2kkw%2Fs1600%2Ftonoghts%252Bdinner

Our low carb dinner this evening was, cooked in a bag, salmon with a mozzarella cheese, sun dried tomato and pesto garnish. This wonderful combination was put together by the fishmongers at our local Asda store.

To accompany the dish I just roasted some red, yellow and green peppers, courgettes, tomatoes, a lttle bit of onion I had left over from an earlier meal. Plus a swede cooked and mashed with lots of lovely butter. Eddie reckons carb content less than 20 .....a lovely tasting main meal of the day.

What was your main meal of the day .....photo optional sunny

All the best Jan
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

What did you have for dinner tonight? Empty Re: What did you have for dinner tonight?

Post by mo1905 Tue Sep 02 2014, 21:37

I could just live on carrot & swede mash :-)
    Looks lovely Jane ! No vino ?????
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

What did you have for dinner tonight? Empty Re: What did you have for dinner tonight?

Post by Eddie Tue Sep 02 2014, 21:52

No wine ! is it posible to eat dinner without wine ? That lot was swilled down with a £4 a bottle Pino Grigio from ASDA, nectar reduced from £6.25. Sometimes we can get food in the fridge. A man must know his priorities. lol!

Eddie
    Scandichic
    Scandichic

Female Posts : 109

Post by Scandichic Tue Sep 02 2014, 22:15

Salmon and Greek salad washed down with a cheeky little Pinot Grigio , chocolate mug cake and double cream. See my recipes - yes it is low carb! No flour! Ground almonds! Yum!
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Tue Sep 02 2014, 23:49

Hi Scandi .....your dinner sounded lovely and I had to go and check out your recipe for Chocolate Mug Cake or Individual chocolate pudding.  Smile

I've copied it from Scandi's recipe in the food and recipe section if any (including me) may wish to give it a whirl in the microwave.

Recipe makes 2

50g butter, melted in the microwave
    3tbsp ground almonds
    1 1/5 tbsp sweetner
    1/4 tsp vanilla
    Pinch of salt
    1 egg
    1 tbsp cocoa powder
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    2 squares 70% dark flavoured with orange chocolate
    Or
    1 square 90% chocolate, chopped
    2 tbsp pecans

Melt the butter in a bowl, add remaining ingredients and divide into 2 mugs and nuke for 1 minute per mug.

Sounds perfect doesn't it ?

All the best Jan
    horfilmania
    horfilmania

Female Posts : 68

Post by horfilmania Wed Sep 03 2014, 08:00

I can't compete with your culinary delights good people as I only had fried ground beef with onions and garlic, home made coleslaw (make my own dressing with sour cream and mustard) and broccoli and cauliflower. I eat simply and well.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed Sep 03 2014, 16:27

horfilmania wrote:I can't compete with your culinary delights good people as I only had fried ground beef with onions and garlic, home made coleslaw (make my own dressing with sour cream and mustard) and broccoli and cauliflower. I eat simply and well.

Broccoli and cauliflower .....two of my most favourite vegetables.

Tonight we have an easy to prepare and cook chicken casserole.

Some skin on chicken thighs placed in a casserole dish with chopped up mushrooms and onions add some seasoning and mixed herbs. Cover with stock and cook at 180 for about 1 hour, covered - I then cook for about another 30 minutes uncovered. Check food is cooked through and serve with vegetables of your choice.

A nice mid week dish ......glass of wine optional sunny

All the best Jan
    cold ethyl

Post by cold ethyl Wed Sep 03 2014, 21:02

Chill con carne(I'm ok with small amounts of pulses) , cheese, Jalapeños, salad , dollop sour cream. 20 minutes on bike and at 2 1/2 hrs at 4.7 which is what I was pre meal.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Wed Sep 03 2014, 21:11

4.7 pre and post meal ! Can't get much better than that !
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed Sep 03 2014, 21:44

cold ethyl wrote:Chill con carne(I'm ok with small amounts of pulses) , cheese, Jalapeños, salad , dollop sour cream. 20 minutes on bike and at 2 1/2 hrs at 4.7 which is what I was pre meal.

Chilli con carne - great food - and as Mo also commented great numbers too sunny

In fact with you on this topic and scandi on another one both mentioning Chilli - we may have that for dinner tomorrow night  Smile

All the best Jan
    cold ethyl

Post by cold ethyl Wed Sep 03 2014, 21:56

Thanks. I find that just doing about 15-20 minutes on exercise bike about an hour after eating really helps shift the levels back down.
    I love chilli as it's even better reheated the next day - got some Romano peppers so will stuff me one with chilli and then top with feta cheese. Better than Mr Ethyl's stuffed wraps any day.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Wed Sep 03 2014, 22:04

So many people underestimate the value of exercise. As you say, 20mins can make a nice difference :-)
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed Sep 03 2014, 22:15

Those Romano Peppers sound wonderful.

Many years ago a friend of mine (now living in Australia) invited a group of us round for a meal. She'd prepared this wonderful tasting chilli, We must have been about 18 or 19, and girls together putting the world to right eating chilli served with a green salad and a few glasses of rose wine. That evening always stays in my mind it was a happy evening, lots of girlie talk .......and probably a few too many glasses of wine Smile

All the best Jan
    cold ethyl

Post by cold ethyl Wed Sep 03 2014, 22:34

Lovely memory. That's what good food is all about- sharing x
    Avocado Sevenfold
    Avocado Sevenfold

Female Posts : 258

Post by Avocado Sevenfold Wed Sep 03 2014, 22:45

Hey Ethyl - I bought some massive mushrooms today and thought of you!

Tonight I had last night's leftovers - Quorn Swedish balls in ratatouille (tomatoes, peppers, courgettes, mushrooms, herbs) but tonight I added Cajun seasoning and pickled jalapeños. Covered in grated cheese, of course.
    cold ethyl

Post by cold ethyl Wed Sep 03 2014, 23:13

Lol. I do like a mushroom or two. Had a load in my chilli and some with breakfast. Delicious. I thought if you today in veg aisle as our local Booths supermarket has bags of teeny jalapeño green peppers to stuff. ( they still looked like green mice !)
    clearviews
    clearviews

Post by clearviews Fri Sep 05 2014, 12:09

Slow roasted free range belly pork with pumpkin, choko, sweet potato, golden beetroot and brocolli. Gravy made in the roasting dish with a splash of chicken stock and sour cream and more pork fat.
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Fri Sep 05 2014, 12:54

Last night it was roast beef with lots of veggies (8 different ones) and gravy. Gravy is a necessity for me! The family had roast potatoes and Yorkshire puddings too. For dessert I had raspberries and cream.

Tonight it will be cottage pie made with cauli mash for me and made with mashed potato for hubby. Berries and cream for me for dessert and ice-cream for him.
    OldTech
    OldTech

Male Posts : 81

Post by OldTech Fri Sep 05 2014, 16:11

We had steak and mushroom fondue with a home grown slice of tomato and a glass of wine.
    cold ethyl

Post by cold ethyl Fri Sep 05 2014, 19:50

Beef stew with shallots, bacon, mushrooms, served with mashed swede, few carrots and peas, broccoli.
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Fri Sep 05 2014, 20:03

i had a large donna kebab minus the pita, loads of salad, no idea what meat it was but it was advertised as lamb, and the salad was apparently alive some time this year, it was yummmmmmy, i do worry about the carbs in the chillie sauce but it didnt stop me eating it lol

i do have an excuse why i had the kebab, but its only an excuse so i wont bother lol
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Fri Sep 05 2014, 20:40

Andy12345 wrote: no idea what meat it was but it was advertised as lamb

Well...Once upon a time there lived a Horse named 'Shergar' and...

Sorry mate! lol! I couldn't resist and besides I reckon even if it was meat from 'Mr Ed the talking horse'-FAR healthier than the Pot Noodles anyday!! Smile
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Fri Sep 05 2014, 20:56

lol im not so sure it could be considered healthy lol or even edible in fact, i did recently see a video of a rat climbing over the meat thingy in a kebab shop
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Fri Sep 05 2014, 21:04

"i did recently see a video of a rat climbing over the meat thingy in a kebab shop"

Was it Noblehead ? Shocked

Eddie
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Fri Sep 05 2014, 21:05

Andy12345 wrote:lol im not so sure it could be considered healthy lol or even edible in fact, i did recently see a video of a rat climbing over the meat thingy in a kebab shop

affraid affraid affraid

A Rat eh?...

LOL!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 15:16