THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+8
Pasha
Indy51
graham64
Jan1
mo1905
zand
Paul1976
Eddie
12 posters

Chuffed to see Zand as a new mod.

Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Chuffed to see Zand as a new mod. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chuffed to see Zand as a new mod.

Post by Paul1976 Fri Aug 14 2015, 18:50

chris c wrote:Criticising a moderator. BAN HIM!

rofl Thank the lord the likes of 'Cugila' doesn't have his hands on the 'Ban hammer' here as there would only be him left! Just disagreeing with him on anything was worthy of a ban so I'm told but looking at the DCUK forum this past 3 and a half years there's plenty of mods that seem to have graduated from the Cugila training school! bitenails
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Chuffed to see Zand as a new mod. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chuffed to see Zand as a new mod.

Post by zand Fri Aug 14 2015, 18:57

chris c wrote:Criticising a moderator. BAN HIM!

Hmmm. Interesting idea. mrgreen jocolor
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Fri Aug 14 2015, 19:20

I could never ever understand this banning attitude. I have seen so many banned for no good reason whatsoever. Even under the worst case scenario such as spouting racist garbage etc. a mod can and should edit or delete the post. Only for persistent law breaking or out and out trolling should a member be banned. When the only way to win the argument is to ban, the mod has lost in my opinion. I can't remember Mo ever banning anyone, but then again, Mo is a good guy with a brain.

That being said, if the reason for running a forum is to make money, to much truth could be a problem. BTW if anyone is interested, we do not get a penny for the ads that appear at the top of this forum, the forum is free to us, and that is how the hosts earn a living. I run adblock and never see adverts anywhere. If the forum grows we can pay a monthly fee and have adverts removed. The set up is not perfect but better than nowt.
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Fri Aug 14 2015, 20:23

Quite! Back in the days of usenet you couldn't ban anyone if you wanted to BUT you could killfile the worst offenders and simply never see their posts again. Most forums and blogs I've ever read ban people rarely if ever. DCUK is far and away the worst offender, well perhaps except for Carbsane, somewhere I don't read but I've heard tales.

Ads? what ads? I don't see no steenking ads. I have them all killed at my end.

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Fri Aug 14 2015, 21:38

I spotted this in response to Alisonjane 10 getting banned, it's since been deleted truth must hurt eh!  Wink

Chuffed to see Zand as a new mod. - Page 2 Capture%2Bgravity
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Fri Aug 14 2015, 21:49

I posted this to them on Twitter yesterday, they blanked me, can't think why.  rofl Anyway I am trying to get into a transition period and get that mob out of my head.  affraid

Chuffed to see Zand as a new mod. - Page 2 DCUK%2BTweet
    RANDBURG
    RANDBURG

Male Posts : 161

Post by RANDBURG Sat Aug 15 2015, 13:58

@ zand
    All the Best well done run

OH
    I see I joined this forum Yesterday, a year ago.
    HAPPY LCHF Day to Me rofl

Last edited by RANDBURG on Sat Aug 15 2015, 14:03; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added)
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Sat Aug 15 2015, 14:06

RANDBURG wrote:@ zand
    All the Best well done run

OH
    I see I joined this forum Yesterday, a year ago.
    HAPPY LCHF Day to Me rofl

Thanks. Why are you running? Not scared of little old me surely? Wink mrgreen

Yep Happy LCHF Day indeed. I must say that year has gone extremely quickly.
    Pasha

Male Posts : 68

Post by Pasha Sat Aug 15 2015, 15:05

Eddie wrote:I posted this to them on Twitter yesterday, they blanked me, can't think why.  rofl Anyway I am trying to get into a transition period and get that mob out of my head.  affraid

Chuffed to see Zand as a new mod. - Page 2 DCUK%2BTweet

Me thinks that the mods over there just need to eat more Kellogs cornflakes, presumably their intake is less than that intended by the inventor, or that as we say here, everybody is different and they need huge quantities to control their problem.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 00:23