THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+2
Paul1976
Eddie
6 posters

Cornflakes invented to stop people masturbating.

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Cornflakes invented to stop people masturbating. Empty Cornflakes invented to stop people masturbating.

Post by Eddie Mon Aug 10 2015, 17:00

For people the world over, a bowl of corn flakes is the go-to breakfast of choice.

But for the majority of those who look forward to their morning bowl, it will come as a surprise that they were invented to stop people masturbating.

John Harvey Kellogg, who first created the cereal in the late 19th century, originally intended it to be a ‘healthy, ready-to-eat anti-masturbatory morning meal’, according to Mental Floss.

Mr Kellogg, a physician, was uncomfortable about sex, believing it was unhealthy for the body, mind and soul. He was celibate, having never consummated his marriage and keeping a separate bedroom from his wife.

More on this story here http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3185011/What-Corn-Flakes-masturbation-common-Mr-Kellogg-believed-sexual-desires-caused-disease-invented-plain-cereal-stop-self-pleasuring.html
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Cornflakes invented to stop people masturbating. Empty Re: Cornflakes invented to stop people masturbating.

Post by Paul1976 Mon Aug 10 2015, 17:22

freakout freakout

His theory was wrong though...I used to eat loads of cornflakes once-upon-a-time and people still said I was a complete w**ker!! woot lol!
    Eddie
    Eddie

Cornflakes invented to stop people masturbating. Empty Re: Cornflakes invented to stop people masturbating.

Post by Eddie Mon Aug 10 2015, 17:30

Personally I reckon it works. I once tried a famous 17 grams of corn flakes and a splash of semi skimmed diet. Within a week I did not have the strength to raise my arm, let alone raise a decent boner. affraid
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Mon Aug 10 2015, 18:13

And the history behind Golden Nuggets ?
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Mon Aug 10 2015, 18:24

And fruit loops!! Then again I've seen enough 'Fruit loops' to last me a lifetime on diabetes forums-Maybe the inspiration came from the Kellogg's marketing team reading 'The big forum' !! Wink

To add...Anyone else been put off yoghurt since reading that article? Shocked
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Mon Aug 10 2015, 18:34

Paul1976 wrote:

Errrr yes. Rolling Eyes
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Mon Aug 10 2015, 18:41

zand wrote:
    Paul1976 wrote:

Errrr yes.  Rolling Eyes

Lol! At best Mr 'K' was a strange old sort for sure!! woot
    Pasha

Male Posts : 68

Post by Pasha Mon Aug 10 2015, 18:48

mo1905 wrote:And the history behind Golden Nuggets ?

Or why old people always ate the "Boner Required And Now" variety, aka Branflakes. They always said it was to keep them "regular" and we were too young to understand the ambiguity.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Mon Aug 10 2015, 19:26

Pasha wrote:
    mo1905 wrote:And the history behind Golden Nuggets ?

Or why old people always ate the "Boner Required And Now" variety, aka Branflakes. They always said it was to keep them "regular" and we were too young to understand the ambiguity.

Oh the innocence of youth. I had 4 sisters and kept find these little white cardboard "telescopes" in the bathroom bin ! I thought they were great but my mum was never too happy when I used to play with them :-)
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Mon Aug 10 2015, 19:47

I used to wonder why my old man was so keen on me and my brother going to Church on a Sunday morning, (he was not religious) until we had our own kids and the Sunday morning portion went by the wayside. Shocked Life a funny old game.
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Mon Aug 10 2015, 21:22

It works, eventually. You get diabetic neuropathy and then game over.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Mon Aug 10 2015, 21:40

chris c wrote:It works, eventually. You get diabetic neuropathy and then game over.

Any more encouraging news Chris? affraid but yet again we see another very good reason to get the BG numbers into the safe zone.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Aug 11 2015, 18:03

This bloke was never into corn flakes. That's if Mr Kellogg was right.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26 2024, 10:16