THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

Has this fact ever occurred to you?

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Has this fact ever occurred to you? Empty Has this fact ever occurred to you?

Post by Eddie Thu Jul 23 2015, 15:19

This forum has been running around a year, yet in that time a low carb anti or a diabetic using a method of diabetes control, that is not Low Carb higher fat, has ever joined this forum to promote their method of successful diabetes control. We hear so many times from prominent and highly vocal people, saying Low Carb is not the only way to control diabetes, but these people have nothing to say about other methods. Any one of the antis could have joined the forum under an anonymous name, and offered a counter argument to us, and a better way to control weight and diabetes.

It is my belief they have not found a better way. In fact over the years some of the most vehement low carb antis have talked of serious diabetic complications, a members husband's life being saved by a hypo sensing dog. That story made the national press. One prominent anti on an insulin pump and every modern aid, died in his mid forties. The NHS dietary recommendations, so many anti’s promote, results in 93% of type one diabetics and a very high percentage of type two diabetics never getting to a safe HbA1c (NHS audited diabetes statistics) Clearly a massive failure.

OK, I expect you realise I am only hypothesizing, it is never going to happen, no one will ever question in a serious debate, on this forum, our low carb lifestyle, and I will tell you why. Firstly it is the only method that works, and that fact is dawning on Health Care Professionals and countless diabetics all around the world. Secondly we work on a level playing field here. We will never fall back on the deletion of member posts, the locking of threads, the banning of members, who dared to have a different point of view, which has been the standard modus operandi by bent and corrupt mods elsewhere.

So, what are we left with, what is this forum achieving. Well we offer a genuine forum, a place for discussion and debate, a place where anyone can join and speak their mind without fear of ridicule, bullying and banning. A forum with minimal rules to cover common decency and legality. Sure the membership is small, the amount of active posters on a par with most forums these days, considering the total membership. That being said over 15,000 posts and huge amount of page view reads.

Page views are key to the promotion of our cause, who knows how many lurkers, what a horrible expression don’t you think, but you get my drift. We are helping people, of that there is no doubt. And make no mistake, we are here for the long term, we will not wind this forum up, even if we get down a handful of regular posters. We will carry on, and look forward to the day, which is coming I have no doubt, when every diabetic at diagnosis is informed about a low carb higher fat diet as a safe viable option by their Healthcare Professionals.

Thank you to all the people that read and contribute to this forum.
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Has this fact ever occurred to you? Empty Re: Has this fact ever occurred to you?

Post by zand Thu Jul 23 2015, 15:41

Eddie, if I was one of those people who questioned the LCHF lifestyle I would be very quick to join this forum and tell you why.  Smile  woot

I expect you know that already though, don't you?  Rolling Eyes   Wink  woot
    yoly
    yoly

Has this fact ever occurred to you? Empty Re: Has this fact ever occurred to you?

Post by yoly Thu Jul 23 2015, 15:46

The controversy with low carb in many forums and medical establishment is just nonsense. Is pretty easy to prove if you have a glucose meter that carbs raises blood glucose to abnormal numbers in diabetics. That is just the nature of how the disease is diagnosed today you have a carbohydrate intolerance.

Further more insulin in excess is not healthy either so reducing the need for insulin is beneficial and will also reduce any pathological insulin resistance you may have. So there should be no dispute about the benefits of low carb for a diabetic. There is no excuse because you can even have a high fat low carbs diet without too much saturated fat if you are still afraid of fat. The only explanation is that carbs are addictive, so people will do anything to justify their habits.
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Thu Jul 23 2015, 15:58

yoly wrote: The only explanation is that carbs are addictive, so people will do anything to justify their habits.

Anything except come over to this forum to talk about it.......
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Thu Jul 23 2015, 16:17

zand wrote:
    yoly wrote: The only explanation is that carbs are addictive, so people will do anything to justify their habits.

Anything except come over to this forum to talk about it.......

Perhaps we could induce them by offering odds, five of them versus one of us affraid
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Thu Jul 23 2015, 16:21

Yep that's fine by me Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26 2024, 15:26