THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

2 posters

Diet that mimics fasting appears to slow aging

yoly
    yoly

Diet that mimics fasting appears to slow aging Empty Diet that mimics fasting appears to slow aging

Post by yoly Sun Jul 12 2015, 22:15

Four days low calories diet a month, but much of it validation for LCHF diet.

http://news.usc.edu/82959/diet-that-mimics-fasting-appears-to-slow-aging/
    yoly
    yoly

Diet that mimics fasting appears to slow aging Empty Re: Diet that mimics fasting appears to slow aging

Post by yoly Mon Jul 13 2015, 15:19

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Diet that mimics fasting appears to slow aging Empty Re: Diet that mimics fasting appears to slow aging

Post by Jan1 Mon Jul 13 2015, 16:42

yoly wrote:Four days low calories diet a month, but much of it validation for LCHF diet.

Diet that mimics fasting appears to slow aging USDA-Photo-by-Bob-Nichols.WEB_-824x549

Loved the fresh veggies they used in this article.

I know Intermittent Fasting, and similar, is in the news a lot recently and many find it beneficial ... so if you find it suits you and your lifestyle, that's got to be good!

But for me it is LCHF with regular exercise and a good sleep pattern. sunny

Thanks for the link.

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Mon Jul 13 2015, 18:57

yoly wrote:Four days low calories diet a month, but much of it validation for LCHF diet.

Also I should have included ... that Longo cautioned against water-only fasting and warned even about attempting the fasting mimicking diet without first consulting a doctor and seeking their supervision throughout the process.

See also thread / topic Fasting - A History Dr Jason Fung Smile

Both good threads to read I think  Exclamation

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28 2024, 19:14