THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

Indonesian President Widodo has a big pair of bollocks !

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Indonesian President Widodo has a big pair of bollocks ! Empty Indonesian President Widodo has a big pair of bollocks !

Post by Eddie Tue Apr 28 2015, 19:57

No, don't get me wrong, drug trafficking is a serious crime and those caught deserve a stiff prison sentence. I read with horror but no surprise, "Indonesia 'executes eight prisoners' for drugs offences". Will this stop drug trafficking? no way. Will executing eight people, some had spent ten years in prison, make a difference? I very much doubt it. So, what's the point, it proves the Indonesian President Widodo has a big pair of bollocks. To appease the voters, the big man has shown he can be tough, and maybe he has earned some brownie points.

My opinion, he is a gutless little rat, and one day Karma will catch up with him. Don't start me off re. the US, the situation is infinity worse. I have some great friends in the US, and in many respects the US represents all things good. The downside, many US citizens are complete morons, lead by complete idiots. That being said, the UK has more than it's share of what I call "the great un-washed"

Link to info here. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-32501712
    Dillinger
    Dillinger

Male Posts : 209

Indonesian President Widodo has a big pair of bollocks ! Empty Re: Indonesian President Widodo has a big pair of bollocks !

Post by Dillinger Thu Apr 30 2015, 11:48

I would say that with regards to drugs I'd like to see the following happen; make sure that children are not exposed to them, reduce the crime related to them and improve the outcomes for addicts.

You know the best way of doing that? Legalise drugs.

I've no interest in that in terms of a libertarian argument; I'm not interested in people's 'rights' to do heroin, I'm interested in the practical way to sort out a terrible problem. Prohibition most certainly and most convincingly is not it.

http://www.stuartmcmillen.com/comics_en/war-on-drugs/

Best

Dillinger
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Indonesian President Widodo has a big pair of bollocks ! Empty Re: Indonesian President Widodo has a big pair of bollocks !

Post by mo1905 Thu Apr 30 2015, 12:03

I agree, legalise it, remove the criminal activity and raise money by taxes ( which I'd like to see ploughed back in for drug related treatment ). As far as the executions, I don't agree with the death penalty. Having said that, it does remain quite a big deterrent. Just watching "Midnight Express" was enough for me though !
    Dillinger
    Dillinger

Male Posts : 209

Post by Dillinger Thu Apr 30 2015, 12:12

True - but that's probably because you weren't trying to decide at the time whether International Drug Smuggling was going to be the career for you...

Switzerland and Portugal have managed to do this and have had really good results. It'll be a long wait until anything as sensible would be attempted here let alone in the US (who with it's international treaties essentially defines the global approach to drug issues).

Think of the tax revenue you'd get from bankers if cocaine was legal!!!

mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Thu Apr 30 2015, 12:14

There are a few States in the US now that have legalised cannabis. It's not the answer, but it's a start

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28 2024, 01:34