THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

Dr Katharine Morrison

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Dr Katharine Morrison Empty Dr Katharine Morrison

Post by graham64 Sun Apr 19 2015, 21:31

Just had a read through the "Other useful websites and blogs" post and saw Dr Katharine Morrison's name, she is also contributing to a blog her latest post is on the new NICE diabetes guidelines consultation, her post covers T1 children and young peoples guidelines with critiques of others to follow, check out the link,

http://diabetesdietblog.com/2015/04/19/nice-20015-diabetes-guidelines-reveal-magical-thinking-for-our-diabetic-youngsters-again/
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Dr Katharine Morrison Empty Re: Dr Katharine Morrison

Post by Paul1976 Sun Apr 19 2015, 22:05

Sadly Dr Morrison left DCUK before my time and I believe she was a moderator there too,well,DCUK lost another great asset the day she walked and her post in Grahams link above just amplifies that! Another one of the A-Team fighting against the ludicrous system and a true activist for the parent of a diabetic child too..I'm sure the majority of us here would appreciate her valued input here on this forum if she was ever to join up as a member.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Mon Apr 20 2015, 00:00

I think Dr Katharine Morrison wrote an excellent article - her last paragraph unfortunately says it all

" NICE have been very good at telling us what is going on in the UK with diabetes management of children and young people. They have a lot  of new,  sensible and research based recommendations. Unfortunately they chose NOT to review dietary recommendations and until they do this, hbaics of 6.5% will remain pie in the sky. Unless you just ignore them and eat low carb of course!"

Read all her article

http://diabetesdietblog.com/2015/04/19/nice-20015-diabetes-guidelines-reveal-magical-thinking-for-our-diabetic-youngsters-again/

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 14:44