THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+4
Paul1976
Jan1
zand
mo1905
8 posters

Childhood Stress Can Triple Chances of Getting Type 1 Diabetes

Mrs Vimes
    Mrs Vimes

Female Posts : 156

Childhood Stress Can Triple Chances of Getting Type 1 Diabetes - Page 2 Empty Re: Childhood Stress Can Triple Chances of Getting Type 1 Diabetes

Post by Mrs Vimes Fri Apr 10 2015, 19:54

CAULIFLOWER! And that's my list! Oh videos of baby elephants playing but don't sit still too long as that's bad for you. Oh and so is standing!
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Childhood Stress Can Triple Chances of Getting Type 1 Diabetes - Page 2 Empty Re: Childhood Stress Can Triple Chances of Getting Type 1 Diabetes

Post by mo1905 Fri Apr 10 2015, 19:58

Sorry, just found this cauliflower recipe and lots of chocolate involved. It doesn't make the list ;-)
    You got me on the standing up elephant video though !Childhood Stress Can Triple Chances of Getting Type 1 Diabetes - Page 2 Cauli10
    Dillinger
    Dillinger

Male Posts : 209

Post by Dillinger Sat Apr 11 2015, 18:22

zand wrote:

Why me?  Why not me?

Guys if you don't want this stuff on your forum please delete it.

Oh Zand, I'm so sorry. I wish I could say something that might be of any use, but I feel words just fail in the face of this.

As others have said I think you are very brave to talk about this. I hope you don't feel like a victim as that has all sorts of power/powerlessness implications. You are a survivor. You are strong and kind and funny; and there's no higher compliment in my book.

I wish we could rain down pain, hell and damnation on the scum that did this to you but I know it can't be done.

I respect you very much for telling us about this.

All my best

Al
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Sat Apr 11 2015, 18:52

Dillinger wrote:
    zand wrote:

Why me?  Why not me?

Oh Zand, I'm so sorry. I wish I could say something that might be of any use, but I feel words just fail in the face of this.

As others have said I think you are very brave to talk about this. I hope you don't feel like a victim as that has all sorts of power/powerlessness implications. You are a survivor. You are strong and kind and funny; and there's no higher compliment in my book.

I wish we could rain down pain, hell and damnation on the scum that did this to you but I know it can't be done.

All my best

Al

You said it all Al. I did not use the word "victim" in a derogatory way. Maybe poorly explained, but It was my way of saying a totally innocent child that was dealt a very bad hand.
    Dillinger
    Dillinger

Post by Dillinger Sat Apr 11 2015, 21:33

Loose Cannon wrote:

I did not use the word "victim" in a derogatory way. Maybe poorly explained, but It was my way of saying a totally innocent child that was dealt a very bad hand.

I know; I'm not saying that for a moment - I wasn't having a go. "Hang your head and weep, if you should dare to harm a child" as the great Christopher Hitchens once said.
    beardie
    beardie

Post by beardie Sat Apr 11 2015, 22:15

Dillinger wrote:
    Loose Cannon wrote:

I did not use the word "victim" in a derogatory way. Maybe poorly explained, but It was my way of saying a totally innocent child that was dealt a very bad hand.

I know; I'm not saying that for a moment - I wasn't having a go. "Hang your head and weep, if you should dare to harm a child" as the great Christopher Hitchens once said.
    I liked hitch almost as much as I like Zand.
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Sun Apr 12 2015, 10:02

Dillinger wrote:
    zand wrote:

Why me?  Why not me?

All my best

Al

You did say something that was of use to me!!!!! That very long link you provided on Thursday together with an argument elsewhere gave me the push I needed to bring this out into the open. Thank you so much for posting it.

Although I had already told several people individually, I was still bound by the silence. I was still a victim. Not anymore. Now the whole world can see it and that's fine by me. You all knew I was depressed and having counselling anyway. Now you all know why and also why I argued with Eddie when he said that people know why they're depressed, I know it's possible not to know why because I didn't have those dreams until I was in my 40's. I am sure Eddie was right in that the majority of people do know the reason, but I always have been a bit different. Smile

Until Thursday I was unable to feel angry about what those people did to me. Thanks to your link I have found that anger. Those 3 statements I picked out of it were very real to me. My counsellor says that with anger comes a will of my own, and the will then breaks the trauma which had bound me in silence and layers of body fat as protection. I knew there was something blocking my weight loss. I am hoping that with effort it will now start to shift again.

Yesterday we went to footie. I had a very small bet on the Grand National. I haven't placed a bet for a very long time. Yesterday it felt so different. No buzz, no escape from being me. I also had a pint of cider. No urge to have another. It was just a drink which I enjoyed (OK not so good on the carbs count, but yesterday it felt right.)

So, thank you Dillinger. I am now happy to be present in my life. You helped me so much without even trying. Smile
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Sun Apr 12 2015, 10:04

beardie wrote:
    Dillinger wrote:
    Loose Cannon wrote:

I liked hitch almost as much as I like Zand.

Smile
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Sun Apr 12 2015, 10:45

PS Thanks guys for being so supportive.  We have a lovely forum here where I feel safe.  Smile
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Sun Apr 12 2015, 12:49

zand wrote:PS Thanks guys for being so supportive.  We have a lovely forum here where I feel safe.  Smile

Always safe here Zand and plenty of support. Crazy thing is, some people see us as the bad guys ! The naughty, dark forum lol ! Far from it, we welcome everyone and promote free speech without backlash. Thanks again Zand for feeling secure enough in our forum to be able to share your past and so glad that it has had such a positive effect on you.
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Sun Apr 12 2015, 13:25

mo1905 wrote:
    zand wrote:PS Thanks guys for being so supportive.  We have a lovely forum here where I feel safe.  Smile

Always safe here Zand and plenty of support. Crazy thing is, some people see us as the bad guys ! The naughty, dark forum lol ! Far from it, we welcome everyone and promote free speech without backlash. Thanks again Zand for feeling secure enough in our forum to be able to share your past and so glad that it has had such a positive effect on you.

and thanks for starting this thread which prompted me to speak out Smile Elsewhere I might have been warned (or banned ) for thread derailing lol That wouldn't have helped me at all, I would have felt even more like a lump of sh*t and I wouldn't have the wonderful support I feel here.

Today I am happy Very Happy
    beardie
    beardie

Post by beardie Sun Apr 12 2015, 16:10

zand wrote:
    mo1905 wrote:

and thanks for starting this thread which prompted me to speak out  Smile Elsewhere I might have been warned (or banned ) for thread derailing lol  That wouldn't have helped me at all, I would have felt even more like a lump of sh*t and I wouldn't have the wonderful support I feel here.

Today I am happy Very Happy

Great to hear you are happy. cheers
    That makes me happy too.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Sun Apr 12 2015, 18:00

Zand said

"Elsewhere I might have been warned (or banned ) for thread derailing lol  That wouldn't have helped me at all, I would have felt even more like a lump of sh*t and I wouldn't have the wonderful support I feel here."

I am glad you are happy and feel safe here. I truly believe we are right, that gives us a great strength. We can all defend out beliefs and have no fear of being questioned or challenged. When you have to ban, thread lock and delete a members posts to shut down the debate, you have lost. Some call some members here bully's, but as far as a forum goes, the aforementioned anti freedom of speech tactics are bullying at it's worse in my opinion. At the flog they don't seem to realise this, will it be ever thus?
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Mon Apr 13 2015, 09:50

Loose Cannon wrote:

Some call some members here bully's...

Yeh lol we all make mistakes sometimes Very Happy jocolor lol!
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Mon Apr 13 2015, 22:44

I've just been warned for thread derailing elsewhere! Do you think they got the idea from what I said on this thread? Shocked
    beardie
    beardie

Post by beardie Mon Apr 13 2015, 22:47

bad girl
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Mon Apr 13 2015, 22:49

Who me? Shocked clown
    beardie
    beardie

Post by beardie Mon Apr 13 2015, 22:51

Mrs Vimes wrote:Oh alright then, I got type 1 from stress caused by Gary Lineker leaving to go to Japan!
    On a more serious note, my mum had died, then I got cold after cold. Run down with bereavement whatever. Then 6 months later I developed type 1 but I was an adult.

I fancied the arse off Peter Reid though.
    Not this peter reid?
    Dillinger
    Dillinger

Post by Dillinger Mon Apr 13 2015, 23:16

I didn't do anything Zand, just posted a link or two.

But thank you anyway.

Best

Al

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26 2024, 11:58