THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

5 posters

Great Cholesterol Myth

Mud Island Dweller
    Mud Island Dweller

Female Posts : 228

Great Cholesterol Myth Empty Great Cholesterol Myth

Post by Mud Island Dweller Sun Mar 29 2015, 11:05

I downloaded the book "The Great Cholesterol Myth" last night. Love it so much ammo when l go see my nurse for my next check up. l was meant to have a cholesterol bloods when l got back from holiday as my cholesterol had "gone up" well given the amount of weight l have lost that is not a surprise as l now run l do OCR and l do PT l am happy l am not sitting on my backside eating snacks and high carb food telling people how to live their life.
    l work for a living and am not loosing work hours to go for a blood test l do not recognise as any use to to keep them happy and l wont go on statins anyhow. I will be demanding the correct blood test for types see what response l get....ok ok l know what response l will get but hey if it annoys them all the better.

I think l shall also make sure l get entered on my medical records under no circumstances will statins be taken and l do LCHF and this is my choice so stop banging on go out and understand about it all. Will wait till after my next hba1c to sort that side out though.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Great Cholesterol Myth Empty Re: Great Cholesterol Myth

Post by Jan1 Sun Mar 29 2015, 14:18

Mud Island Dweller wrote:I downloaded the book "The Great Cholesterol Myth" last night. Love it so much ammo when l go see my nurse for my next check up. l was meant to have a cholesterol bloods when l got back from holiday as my cholesterol had "gone up" well given the amount of weight l have lost that is not a surprise as l now run l do OCR and l do PT l am happy l am not sitting on my backside eating snacks and high carb food telling people how to live their life.
    l work for a living and am not loosing work hours to go for a blood test l do not recognise as any use to to keep them happy and l wont go on statins anyhow. I will be demanding the correct blood test for types see what response l get....ok ok l know what response l will get but hey if it annoys them all the better.

I think l shall also make sure l get entered on my medical records under no circumstances will statins be taken and l do LCHF and this is my choice so stop banging on go out and understand about it all. Will wait till after my next hba1c to sort that side out though.

Sounds good to me MID sunny

All the best Jan
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Sun Mar 29 2015, 15:42

Mud Island Dweller wrote:I downloaded the book "The Great Cholesterol Myth" last night. Love it so much ammo when l go see my nurse for my next check up. l was meant to have a cholesterol bloods when l got back from holiday as my cholesterol had "gone up" well given the amount of weight l have lost that is not a surprise as l now run l do OCR and l do PT l am happy l am not sitting on my backside eating snacks and high carb food telling people how to live their life.

I agree,the side effects are many and the HCP's I've seen are so blind that they can't see past total serum cholesterol levels which mean Jack TBH-I recently read someones anecdote of having serum total cholesterol levels of over 10 for many years with a high LDL and underwent some tests-Guess what? The persons coronary arteries were as clean as a whistle! I too will continue to tell 'em to stick their statins where the sun don't shine! Wink
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Wed Apr 01 2015, 18:40

Talking about Cholesterol - I'm sure most readers are aware of Dr Malcolm Kendrick and his book 'The Great Cholesterol Con' in which he talks of " Statins are the so-called wonder drugs widely prescribed to lower blood cholesterol levels and claim to offer unparalleled protection against heart disease.

Believed to be completely safe and capable of preventing a whole series of other conditions, they are the most profitable drug in the history of medicine.

In this groundbreaking book, GP Malcolm Kendrick exposes the truth behind the hype, revealing: high cholesterol levels don’t cause heart disease; a high-fat diet – saturated or otherwise – does not affect blood cholesterol levels; and, the protection provided by statins is so small as to be not worth bothering about for most men and all women."

Malcolm will be in conversation with Jimmy Moore on the 15th April - you may just want to listen !?

All the best Jan
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Thu Apr 02 2015, 19:38

Don't forget to watch BBC1 tonight at 9pm. "The Truth About Fat" should be interesting viewing !
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Thu Apr 02 2015, 22:34

mo1905 wrote:Don't forget to watch BBC1 tonight at 9pm. "The Truth About Fat" should be interesting viewing !

Not had the time to watch tonight but have recorded it will view tomorrow. It's available now on BBC iPlayer for anyone who missed it.

Fat has a reputation as public health enemy number one. But is it really the devil we think? Recent headlines suggest that we may have got it all wrong, and that fat may not be as bad as we've long believed.

Dr Saleyha Ahsan cuts through the confusion and reveals the surprising science of fat.

She discovers that eating fat isn't the only culprit behind the nation's ever-expanding waistline and investigates some startling new research that suggests some saturated fats might even be good for our health.

A group of nine volunteers take Salehya's Big Fat Challenge to investigate the strange things that happen to our body and mind if we stop eating fat entirely.

And Saleyha discovers the fat hidden in sea water that could make the food of the future a lot healthier.

This programme shows how we can be smarter about fat if we know which ones we should really be eating and how much is good for us.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05psf4l

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07 2024, 12:23