THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

The War on Wheat - the fifth estate

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

The War on Wheat - the fifth estate Empty The War on Wheat - the fifth estate

Post by graham64 Thu Mar 26 2015, 22:49

​It's a multi-billion dollar battle for your belly. Millions of people are joining the anti-wheat revolution.

Kellogg's, the world's largest cereal maker, has seen its biggest drop in sales since the 1970s. Food companies are selling off their struggling bread divisions. It's all because best-selling health evangelists say that wheat is causing everything from fat bellies to schizophrenia. But do they have science on their side? Mark Kelley takes a hard look at what's driving a movement that is dramatically changing the way we eat.

Indy51
    Indy51

Female Posts : 344

The War on Wheat - the fifth estate Empty Re: The War on Wheat - the fifth estate

Post by Indy51 Fri Mar 27 2015, 03:20

Bit of a hatchet job on Dr Davis jimlad

Always amuses me when anecdotal evidence is downplayed - like if 100 out of a 100 people say they feel better not eating wheat, well, that's meaningless 'cos it's merely anecdotal evidence. Yeah, that's really convincing evidence that those 100 people are all imagining it facepalm

The guy saying nutrition scientists had lost the rock star war amused me too - the reason they lost it is because of the contradictory crap they keep publishing and calling "research". All they've managed to do is completely confuse people and make them give up even trying.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

The War on Wheat - the fifth estate Empty Re: The War on Wheat - the fifth estate

Post by mo1905 Fri Mar 27 2015, 09:31

To be honest, that's why I don't often read scientific papers or studies. Stats can be skewed and facts and figures are not to be trusted all of the time. I know I should read more studies but if I don't trust them, why waste my time ? That's why I love all the clever people here. They read them, sort the wheat from the chaff and tell it how it is :-)
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Fri Mar 27 2015, 13:37

Indy51 wrote:Bit of a hatchet job on Dr Davis jimlad

Always amuses me when anecdotal evidence is downplayed - like if 100 out of a 100 people say they feel better not eating wheat, well, that's meaningless 'cos it's merely anecdotal evidence. Yeah, that's really convincing evidence that those 100 people are all imagining it  facepalm

The guy saying nutrition scientists had lost the rock star war amused me too - the reason they lost it is because of the contradictory crap they keep publishing and calling "research". All they've managed to do is completely confuse people and make them give up even trying.

You can read almost any study and quickly find another study that contradicts it. So, a potentially very confusing situation. The best way to deal with that situation is to go back to basics. For decades diabetics have been told by most dietitians and medical professionals to eat a low fat high carb diet, the majority still say that. You don't need the brains of Einstein to realise that information is completely and utterly wrong. The next bit of complete lunacy is telling people to avoid fats found in whole fresh natural foods. Foods ate for millions of years and before heart disease, obesity and type two diabetes became rising epidemics.

I know most would say I am a cocky SOB and think I know all answers, but I have never ever lost an argument, and never will regarding the above, it is never ever going to happen. Last word to Dr. Malcolm Kendrick

“The reality is that over the years, and around the world we have killed literally millions of diabetics by advising them to eat a high-carb diet and avoid fats. Only now is it being recognised that previous advice was and remains useless, dangerous and scientifically illiterate"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28 2024, 05:06