THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+2
mo1905
Paul1976
6 posters

Evidence Suggests Co-Pilot Crashed Alps Plane On Purpose

mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Evidence Suggests Co-Pilot Crashed Alps Plane On Purpose Empty Evidence Suggests Co-Pilot Crashed Alps Plane On Purpose

Post by mo1905 Thu Mar 26 2015, 13:03

Latest on the recent fatal aircraft crash suggests co-pilot crashed plane on purpose. It scares me when you can't trust the person flying your aircraft. Link here:

http://news.sky.com
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Evidence Suggests Co-Pilot Crashed Alps Plane On Purpose Empty Re: Evidence Suggests Co-Pilot Crashed Alps Plane On Purpose

Post by Eddie Thu Mar 26 2015, 13:26

If true, this is one horrendous siltation for the families and friends of the victims. To know that this was not an accident, makes a terrible situation even worse. If true why? Had the co-pilot gone completely mad and if he wanted to end it all, why take 150 people with him. Had a terrorist organisation turned his head. I am sure they will get to the truth, but that may take some time. The thing that I noticed straight way, was I have never seen a plane so completely destroyed, reduced to such tiny parts, with apparently not a single recognisable part.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Evidence Suggests Co-Pilot Crashed Alps Plane On Purpose Empty Re: Evidence Suggests Co-Pilot Crashed Alps Plane On Purpose

Post by mo1905 Thu Mar 26 2015, 13:42

It also raises questions about the pilot not being able to enter the cockpit. I thought they were fitted with keypads so this couldn't happen ? I'm sure rules will change after this. At no time should any pilot be left alone in charge of a passenger aircraft in my opinion. If one needs the bathroom, a flight attendant should enter the cockpit for security. What if a pilot has a heart attack and nobody can get in ? I cannot imagine the fear of the passengers who must have know their fete.
    sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

Post by sanguine Thu Mar 26 2015, 15:49

Loose Cannon wrote:The thing that I noticed straight way, was I have never seen a plane so completely destroyed, reduced to such tiny parts, with apparently not a single recognisable part.

Yes I noticed that. If a plane falls out of the sky or is even shot down you get engines, bits of wing, seats etc. This one must have gone full throttle into the mountainside. Horrible situation.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Thu Mar 26 2015, 16:17

Horrible situation indeed! What also surprised me was as well as the plane wreckage being so catastrophic,was the lack of any explosion or fire at the crash site-almost as if there was no aviation fuel on board whatsoever to ignite on impact.
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Thu Mar 26 2015, 16:32

This situation is so shocking I am struggling to fully comprehend it. My feelings are even more intense because my husband and son flew over the French Alps last week. I feel sick at the thought of it and feel deep sorrow for the families affected by the crash.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Thu Mar 26 2015, 17:30

This short video shows a pilot in the absolute extreme pressure situation and a true story many will remember. This is an animation, but the voices are the actual recordings of the drama as it unfolded in real time. The pilot is the guy with a very deep voice, and just about the coolest man on the planet.The pilot saved the lives of all on board.

Airline pilots are very highly trained and very special people, and even are after today's news we can trust them with our lives.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Thu Mar 26 2015, 19:31

I certainly don't question their skill or training and it certainly won't put me off flying. These occurrences are extremely rare thankfully but the trouble is, when they do happen, they are catastrophic. Nobody talks about the many 1000's of flights daily that take off and land safely.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Thu Mar 26 2015, 20:30

These are the facts on the safety on flying in a commercial aircraft. Makes for interesting reading. For some reason, we fear being in a plane crash. I used to fly around Europe for work on a regular basis. I was always glad when the plane came to a stop, I was never totally relaxed in a plane, even though I knew the safety stats. That's fear I suppose, very often irrational.

"Last year, the rate was 0.24 out of 1 million departures. That means less than one accident for every 1 million flights.

“That number proves that the chances of being in a fatal aircraft accident are extremely rare,” Quevedo said.

Andrew Charlton, managing director of Aviation Advocacy, a Swiss strategic consulting firm, put it differently: "The single most dangerous part about flying is driving to the airport.”

Link to information here http://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2014/07/travel/aviation-data/
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Fri Mar 27 2015, 09:25

I agree Eddie. Driving is far more dangerous. Crossing the street even. It doesn't grab headlines though and doesn't infill as much fear for some reason. We are in control of our car ( even if it is dangerous ). Once you set foot on an aircraft, you give up all control to a complete stranger, albeit a very skilled one. Lastly, you never hear of 150 people killed in a car accident. I know it may not make sense but sometimes, even though the percentages say different, we don't always think or behave rationally.
    sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

Post by sanguine Fri Mar 27 2015, 14:08

I'm sure there are papers on the psychology of all this, but the news coverage of air (and train) crashes is a function of how rare they actually are. That's not to understate the tragedy of all of them, and especially this one given the circumstances. Road deaths are sadly much more common but rarely involve more than a couple of people at a time (a couple too many of course) and don't usually merit more than a short item in the local news.

I've flown about 800 times (I'm a nerd, I log them) and been in two situations which could have proved unfortunate. In the 70s you may remember a Turkish DC10 that crashed near Paris as a result of a member of the ground staff at Istanbul not shutting the luggage bay door properly; I was on that plane a month or so before, it could have happened any time. And in the 80s I was on a BA Tristar one of whose engines caught fire after R2 on takeoff from Heathrow. Fortunately the fire was extinguished and the plane made a laboured takeoff on 2 engines, we flew around in circles over Basingstoke for 2 hours jettisoning fuel before landing back at Heathrow. Not pleasant, but it never put me off flying.
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Fri Mar 27 2015, 14:29

sanguine wrote:I'm sure there are papers on the psychology of all this, but the news coverage of air (and train) crashes is a function of how rare they actually are.  That's not to understate the tragedy of all of them, and especially this one given the circumstances.  Road deaths are sadly much more common but rarely involve more than a couple of people at a time (a couple too many of course) and don't usually merit more than a short item in the local news.

I've flown about 800 times (I'm a nerd, I log them) and been in two situations which could have proved unfortunate.  In the 70s you may remember a Turkish DC10 that crashed near Paris as a result of a member of the ground staff at Istanbul not shutting the luggage bay door properly;  I was on that plane a month or so before, it could have happened any time.  And in the 80s I was on a BA Tristar one of whose engines caught fire after R2 on takeoff from Heathrow.  Fortunately the fire was extinguished and the plane made a laboured takeoff on 2 engines, we flew around in circles over Basingstoke for 2 hours jettisoning fuel before landing back at Heathrow.  Not pleasant, but it never put me off flying.

Yes, the 4 of us were in a 'near miss' flying to JFK New York in 2007.   2 of us saw another plane really close, and then we saw it on the news when we got to our hotel.   In a plane you are either fine, or you're not with us anymore.  There's rarely such a thing as a minor injury when a plane is involved, is there?
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Fri Mar 27 2015, 17:38

I used to work in Vienna and was on this plane a week before it crashed. I know it was this plane because Lauda Air only had one large jet. The company was started by F1 star Niki Lauda.

Evidence Suggests Co-Pilot Crashed Alps Plane On Purpose Boeing_767-3Z9-ER_Lauda_Air_ZRH
    Mrs Vimes
    Mrs Vimes

Female Posts : 156

Post by Mrs Vimes Fri Mar 27 2015, 18:15

The comment that they were only heard screaming in the last few seconds is a complete mind bender. Too horrific for words.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 15:08