THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+4
Indy51
Bill
graham64
Paul1976
8 posters

Would you say this is professional and morally right?

Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Would you say this is professional and morally right? Empty Would you say this is professional and morally right?

Post by Paul1976 Tue Mar 24 2015, 19:45

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/diabetes-uk-tesco.74180/page-2#post-809242

Post#39

Read it and see what you think,We've seen members given infractions,edited,banned for pretty much nothing YET here we see one of the most strictest moderators on DCUK(The largest diabetes support forum in western Europe) make light of a serious addiction and disease just for fun-some members posted in disgust but their comments were swiftly deleted...One things for sure..."Not all cherubs are angels" Evil or Very Mad

Edit: Would WE get away with using the term 'Carboholic' for instance on there? I believe not!
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Would you say this is professional and morally right? Empty Re: Would you say this is professional and morally right?

Post by Eddie Tue Mar 24 2015, 20:15

Paul1976 wrote:http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/diabetes-uk-tesco.74180/page-2#post-809242

Post#39

Read it and see what you think,We've seen members given infractions,edited,banned for pretty much nothing YET here we see one of the most strictest moderators on DCUK(The largest diabetes support forum in western Europe) make light of a serious addiction and disease just for fun-some members posted in disgust but their comments were swiftly deleted...One things for sure..."Not all cherubs are angels" Evil or Very Mad

Edit: Would WE get away with using the term 'Carboholic' for instance on there? I believe not!

The Cherub has always been a strange one. I remember her posting up a photograph of a car, badly damaged that had crashed into a sign saying "Please drive carefully in our Village" OK an amusing situation, maybe, but she had reported previously her Husband had been killed in a road traffic accident. Work that one out. BTW we have the post.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Would you say this is professional and morally right? Empty Re: Would you say this is professional and morally right?

Post by Paul1976 Tue Mar 24 2015, 20:24

Loose Cannon wrote:
    Paul1976 wrote:http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/diabetes-uk-tesco.74180/page-2#post-809242

Post#39

The Cherub has always been a strange one. I remember her posting up a photograph of a car, badly damaged that had crashed into a sign saying "Please drive carefully in our Village" OK an amusing situation, maybe, but she had reported previously her Husband had been killed in a road traffic accident.

Shocked Evil or Very Mad Jeez!! She acts like this paragon of virtue,reporting members to the admin in the past,for the greater good and to protect the sensitive from any material that could offend someone with any health condition whether or not there was no malice intended by the poster that was reported by her-She then becomes a mod but this time she's got the direct line and doesn't need the operator so any post deemed unsuitable or insensitive will be deleted...Then tonight she exposes herself to show that she really don't give one shit for anyones plight!...More faces than the town hall clock eh folks! No
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Mar 24 2015, 20:39

Would you believe, she is a healthcare professional. Our very Special Agent Dick Duck, Head of Low Carb Anti Counter Terrorism has tracked them all down. Dick knows all.

Would you say this is professional and morally right? Duck-glasses
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Tue Mar 24 2015, 21:16

Inconsistency is one of my pet peeves. She is always quick to ban/edit quoting "forum rules" but ignores them when it suits. Nothing will come of it, as usual.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Mar 24 2015, 21:31

So often we see forum mods whose minimal power over others goes to their heads. Maybe they have spent too much time under the cosh from partners or employers, buggered if I know. So quick to press the ban button, or thread lock and delete. The truly confident and knowledgeable person welcomes the awkward questions and a robust debate.
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Tue Mar 24 2015, 21:47

Dear old Sid's been at again on the Tesco thread obviously waded in without reading the comments were nobody had even mentioned LC.

"I think a lot of you need to take a reality check and accept that Tesco have done an incredible job in raising a huge sum of money for Diabetes UK that is being spent to benefit all diabetics, and regarding a raffle with a prise of chocy biscuits whats the problem with that are they only supposed to raffle things that low carbers eat, yeah they'd really sell a lot of tickets wouldnt they? Most people would prefer to win a treat than a packet of something that s good for them.

Personally I dont care how they raise money and continue to do so, some people on here need to take a step back and realise its not just about them."

Of course the cherub What a Face gave his post a like
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Tue Mar 24 2015, 21:51

Typical Sidney angry rant ! Makes no sense as usual but the usual clique tolerate him.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Tue Mar 24 2015, 21:55

It would seem Sid has a new groupie over there-A newcomer with the user name 'Pinkorchid',only about 10 posts under his/hers belt but straight in there liking all Sids posts and staunchly backing his posts with a toadying reply...One to watch guys 'n' gals I reckon!
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Mar 24 2015, 21:58

"I think a lot of you need to take a reality check and accept that Tesco have done an incredible job in raising a huge sum of money for Diabetes UK that is being spent to benefit all diabetics, and regarding a raffle with a prise of chocy biscuits whats the problem with that are they only supposed to raffle things that low carbers eat, yeah they'd really sell a lot of tickets wouldnt they? Most people would prefer to win a treat than a packet of something that s good for them.

Personally I dont care how they raise money and continue to do so, some people on here need to take a step back and realise its not just about them."

Link to the Bonkers one here http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/diabetes-uk-tesco.74180/

Poor old Sid, crazier than a shit house rat, but always good for a laugh! The downside? Countless good people banned, while Sid is loved by most mods and the management. Always follow the money!
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Tue Mar 24 2015, 22:22

Pinkorchid is certainly not a newbie in my opinion. The benefits of multiple accounts eh :-)
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Tue Mar 24 2015, 22:28

mo1905 wrote:Pinkorchid is certainly not a newbie in my opinion. The benefits of multiple accounts eh :-)

Without a doubt mate! Wink
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Tue Mar 24 2015, 22:29

Would you say this is professional and morally right? So-sid-tell
    Bill
    Bill

Post by Bill Wed Mar 25 2015, 06:50

But a tadpole in a puddle. Who thinks it's a killer shark and master of the seas.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Wed Mar 25 2015, 09:59

Post#39

It's been removed lol !
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Wed Mar 25 2015, 10:04

I thought that'd happen but luckily it was added to my 'Archive library' before it was removed. Wink
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Wed Mar 25 2015, 10:41

mo1905 wrote:Pinkorchid is certainly not a newbie in my opinion. The benefits of multiple accounts eh :-)

Hmmm...After looking back at some old posts at DCUK I'm smelling a rat,anyone remember Maybird aka AnnieC? All the clues are there with posting style,grammar and punctuation and a general style of leaving bait all over the board to wind up low carbers with her anti fat,low carb is bad advice for a newbie,DUK are the holy grail etc topics. jimlad
    Indy51
    Indy51

Female Posts : 344

Post by Indy51 Wed Mar 25 2015, 11:16

What happened to AnnieC? I saw one of her posts showing up as "Guest", so assume she's been deleted? Can't say I've missed her Razz
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Wed Mar 25 2015, 11:32

Indy51 wrote:What happened to AnnieC? I saw one of her posts showing up as "Guest", so assume she's been deleted? Can't say I've missed her Razz

She's flounced and asked for her account to be deleted by the looks of it,when she was maybird and upset a lot of folks on DCUK-she publicly flounced and within hours was back as AnnieC,exactly the same style and same wind ups-I knew it was her and watched for her to trip up and the day before I was banned over there-she did!! Annie had started a thread and replied to a member who asked Annie a direct question but accidentally used her Maybird account to reply-I called her out on it and she immediately tried to cover her tracks and asked Giverny to delete her maybird account...She's slippery and now it looks like she's back.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Wed Mar 25 2015, 15:06

Giverny said:

It's not uncommon for users to adopt more than one identity. This isn't directly against our rules unless one of their accounts is banned. It's not exactly hard to figure out when people are using more than one account :)noblehead and donnellysdogs like this. Screen shot here http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/dcuk-multitiiple-accounts-not-against.html

So why are multiple accounts not banned? because a massive amount of so called forum member names are spoofs, it looks good when flogging advertising space to potential clients. Some time ago I went through the members list that were listed in alphabetical order, page after page listing members who had joined but never posted, I reckon less than 1% are regular posters, and half of them are multiple account trolls.
    sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

Post by sanguine Wed Mar 25 2015, 15:18

In a thread a few months back on DCUK a number of us challenged admin/mods to provide a single good reason for multiple accounts to exist, after giving them several reasons why it was a bad idea. Deafening silence.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Wed Mar 25 2015, 15:23

sanguine wrote:In a thread a few months back on DCUK a number of us challenged admin/mods to provide a single good reason for multiple accounts to exist, after giving them several reasons why it was a bad idea.  Deafening silence.

The king of multiple accounts was Cugila the disgraced mod. When he looked like losing the argument his spoof accounts would overwhelm the member and railroad the person into silence or off the forum. That game has gone on for years, in fact the forum is now pretty much a game. Who in their right mind would 'like' a Sid Bonkers post? but it happens all the time.

The sales job

"A number of Sitefinders' sites (such as Diabetes.co.uk) have grown into online communities. Our 75,000+ community members are extremely receptive to carefully structured emails and client interaction such as surveys, polls and questionaires. The CTR response from community members exceeds 45% for tailored mails."

http://www.sitefinders.co.uk/advertising.html
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Wed Mar 25 2015, 18:52

Loose Cannon wrote:

Who in their right mind would 'like' a Sid Bonkers post? but it happens all the time.

The sales job

"A number of Sitefinders' sites (such as Diabetes.co.uk) have grown into online communities. Our 75,000+ community members are extremely receptive to carefully structured emails and client interaction such as surveys, polls and questionaires. The CTR response from community members exceeds 45% for tailored mails."

Errrrr.....I 'liked' one of Sid's posts once. It happened to be a good post so I 'liked' it. If a post is good I 'like' it regardless of who wrote it.

lol. I think I know what the next comment on this thread will be! 'Bye!
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Wed Mar 25 2015, 19:11

zand wrote:
    Loose Cannon wrote:

Who in their right mind would 'like' a Sid Bonkers post? but it happens all the time.

The sales job

Errrrr.....I 'liked' one of Sid's posts once.  It happened to be a good post so I 'liked' it.  If a post is good I 'like' it regardless of who wrote it.  

lol. I think I know what the next comment on this thread will be!  'Bye!

Sorry Zand but you are wrong! Wink The Loose Cannon does give praise also where praise is due-No matter who the person is. Razz

http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/sid-bonkers-wins-wallycorker-prize.html
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Wed Mar 25 2015, 19:34

Paul1976 wrote:
    zand wrote:
    Loose Cannon wrote:

The sales job

Errrrr.....I 'liked' one of Sid's posts once.  It happened to be a good post so I 'liked' it.  If a post is good I 'like' it regardless of who wrote it.  

lol. I think I know what the next comment on this thread will be!  'Bye!

Sorry Zand but you are wrong! Wink The Loose Cannon does give praise also where praise is due-No matter who the person is. Razz

http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/sid-bonkers-wins-wallycorker-prize.html

lol nope that's not the reply I expected. Surprised I'm waiting for the one where Mr Cannon tells me I'm not in my right mind! What a Face

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28 2024, 18:56