THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

BREAKING NEWS: BBC suspends Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson over 'fracas' with producer - and scraps this weekend's show

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

BREAKING NEWS: BBC suspends Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson over 'fracas' with producer - and scraps this weekend's show   Empty BREAKING NEWS: BBC suspends Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson over 'fracas' with producer - and scraps this weekend's show

Post by Eddie Tue Mar 10 2015, 17:51

A BBC spokesman said tonight: 'Following a fracas with a BBC producer, Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended pending an investigation.'No one else has been suspended. Top Gear will not be broadcast this Sunday. The BBC will be making no further comment at this time.'

Link to info here. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2988412/Top-Gear-presenter-Jeremy-Clarkson-suspended-BBC-fracas-producer.html

Personally I reckon Top Gear is well past it's sell by date, it's become stale and far too predictable. That being said, It is the BBC's biggest earner and sold to over 100 countries. Clarkson comes over as an overgrown school boy (don't most men) and a buffoon, but I reckon he is a publicity genius. A quip about work shy Mexicans or the Bulgarian Mafia and the papers are awash with headlines, all for free. Without Clarkson the program would be a dead duck. What's the betting if they fire him, he will surface on a commercial station with a similar program, earning even more money.

The hooligan at his best.
    sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

BREAKING NEWS: BBC suspends Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson over 'fracas' with producer - and scraps this weekend's show   Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS: BBC suspends Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson over 'fracas' with producer - and scraps this weekend's show

Post by sanguine Tue Mar 10 2015, 18:11

He probably thinks he's untouchable and indispensable, but no one is.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

BREAKING NEWS: BBC suspends Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson over 'fracas' with producer - and scraps this weekend's show   Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS: BBC suspends Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson over 'fracas' with producer - and scraps this weekend's show

Post by Jan1 Tue Mar 10 2015, 20:07

Well ..... personally I will not miss it, but many may.

Does he want out of his contract I wonder ?
    Does he think more money will come from other channels ?

The coming days will tell - and you can bet it will be headline news !

What wonderful free publicity.

Hey the world is a funny place isn't it ! But then this is 2015 you know !

All the best Jan
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Wed Mar 11 2015, 08:56

Is the BBC becoming too PC ? Is Clarkson on the way to SKY for a lot more money, does any of this matter ?

BREAKING NEWS: BBC suspends Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson over 'fracas' with producer - and scraps this weekend's show   B_xi09MWwAAjmhU
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Wed Mar 11 2015, 09:01

I think Clarkson is great but I think the programme would survive without him. Sure he'll always find something else but he does OK for money:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/bbc/10183784/Jeremy-Clarkson-becomes-one-of-highest-paid-presenters-in-BBC-history.html

He is a major BBC personality but is he bigger than the BBC ? I don't think so. My guess is they will make up soon and there will be a begrudging apology from Clarkson. We'll see.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Wed Mar 11 2015, 09:06

mo1905 wrote:I think Clarkson is great but I think the programme would survive without him. Sure he'll always find something else but he does OK for money:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/bbc/10183784/Jeremy-Clarkson-becomes-one-of-highest-paid-presenters-in-BBC-history.html

He is a major BBC personality but is he bigger than the BBC ? I don't think so. My guess is they will make up soon and there will be a begrudging apology from Clarkson. We'll see.

I reckon he has been offered a better deal elsewhere and wanted out. One thing for sure, he knows how to get a million quids worth of free advertising, he is on the front page of every newspaper. Let's face it, the BBC has become a complete joke. They have become so left wing and politically correct it's unreal, and I support Labour. affraid
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Wed Mar 11 2015, 09:24

There's also "Get Clarkson Back" petitions all over social media sites. Lot of pressure on the Beeb. Be interesting to see how this pans out. One thing's for sure, Clarkson is sitting pretty !
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Wed Mar 11 2015, 09:46

Clarkson rumoured to be joining the Low Carb Diabetic team !

BREAKING NEWS: BBC suspends Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson over 'fracas' with producer - and scraps this weekend's show   B_zjweAUIAEUDx5

An unnamed source at the BBC says Clarkson is starting a low carb high fat diet to lose weight. Last night at his local boozer Jeremy stated "I have been pigging out on carbs and beer for too long, it has played havoc with my grey matter, I am petrified of becoming bonkers" He then head butted a hack from the Guardian and was swiftly arrested by the Neasden plod.

The Sun
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Wed Apr 08 2015, 12:00

Now we're all surprised aren't we? Err.........not!

Jeremy Clarkson WILL Present ‘Have I Got News For You', Less Than A Month After ‘Top Gear' Sacking

I read the story in The Huffington Post but it's news all over the place Neutral

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28 2024, 18:07