The Low Carb Diabetic

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.


Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

    Sad news !

    Share
    avatar
    mo1905
    Moderator

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 2303
    Join date : 2014-08-10
    Location : Cambs

    Sad news !

    Post by mo1905 on Fri Feb 10 2017, 15:57

    Saw this earlier :
    http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/some-very-sad-news.116014/

    Furgus Crawford ( Collieboy ) from DCUK has sadly passed away.


    _________________
    Type1, Humalog and Solostar, Metformin, Lisinopril ( BP ), last HbA1C 41 ( 5.9% ), 20th Oct 2014, HbA1C 43 ( 6.1% ) 9th Mar 2015.
    avatar
    Paul1976
    Moderator

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 2431
    Join date : 2014-08-12
    Age : 41
    Location : East midlands,UK

    Re: Sad news !

    Post by Paul1976 on Fri Feb 10 2017, 16:18

    RIP Fergus! Crying or Very sad (Two Collies as he was known on here) He was always helpful to me and made me laugh with some of his dry and witty posts-Very young to pass away and it does really make you think about things.


    _________________
    Illegitimi non carborundum
    avatar
    Eddie
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 3719
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Age : 67
    Location : London

    Re: Sad news !

    Post by Eddie on Fri Feb 10 2017, 18:01

    Sad news indeed. Very sorry to hear Fergus has passed away, far too young, life can be very unfair. He was a staunch supporter of diabetics and worked hard for the cause. RIP

    On an upbeat note, nice to hear from Mo and Paul. I know you have higher priorities, than hanging around here with us miscreants, but always a chair here for you guys.


    _________________
    Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !
    avatar
    Jan1
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 4020
    Join date : 2014-08-13

    Re: Sad news !

    Post by Jan1 on Fri Feb 10 2017, 18:54

    This is very sad news, thank you for letting us know.

    Condolences to his family, may he RIP

    avatar
    mo1905
    Moderator

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 2303
    Join date : 2014-08-10
    Location : Cambs

    Re: Sad news !

    Post by mo1905 on Fri Feb 10 2017, 21:04

    @Eddie wrote:Sad news indeed. Very sorry to hear Fergus has passed away, far too young, life can be very unfair. He was a staunch supporter of diabetics and worked hard for the cause. RIP

    On an upbeat note, nice to hear from Mo and Paul. I know you have higher priorities, than hanging around here with us miscreants, but always a chair here for you guys.

    I may not post here often but I do check in often and have a read. I am busy now, Grandad Mo :-)




    _________________
    Type1, Humalog and Solostar, Metformin, Lisinopril ( BP ), last HbA1C 41 ( 5.9% ), 20th Oct 2014, HbA1C 43 ( 6.1% ) 9th Mar 2015.
    avatar
    graham64
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 2861
    Join date : 2014-08-10
    Location : Lancs

    Re: Sad news !

    Post by graham64 on Fri Feb 10 2017, 21:10

    @mo1905 wrote:Saw this earlier :
    http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/some-very-sad-news.116014/

    Furgus Crawford ( Collieboy ) from DCUK has sadly passed away.

    Such a shame he was one of the good guys condolences to his family


    _________________
    I'm a skinny T2 diagnosed 4/4/2008, a high calorie LCHF diet and one metformin a day A1c 6.2 and no complications.

    Proving the LowCarb sceptics wrong for over nine years,

    Not all cherubs are Angels  Wink nor all diabetics Bonkers  Rolling Eyes
    avatar
    graham64
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 2861
    Join date : 2014-08-10
    Location : Lancs

    Re: Sad news !

    Post by graham64 on Fri Feb 10 2017, 21:13

    @mo1905 wrote:
    @Eddie wrote:Sad news indeed. Very sorry to hear Fergus has passed away, far too young, life can be very unfair. He was a staunch supporter of diabetics and worked hard for the cause. RIP

    On an upbeat note, nice to hear from Mo and Paul. I know you have higher priorities, than hanging around here with us miscreants, but always a chair here for you guys.

    I may not post here often but I do check in often and have a read. I am busy now, Grandad Mo :-)



    Congratulations Mo you'll have your hands full now  Very Happy


    _________________
    I'm a skinny T2 diagnosed 4/4/2008, a high calorie LCHF diet and one metformin a day A1c 6.2 and no complications.

    Proving the LowCarb sceptics wrong for over nine years,

    Not all cherubs are Angels  Wink nor all diabetics Bonkers  Rolling Eyes
    avatar
    Jan1
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 4020
    Join date : 2014-08-13

    Re: Sad news !

    Post by Jan1 on Sat Feb 11 2017, 14:08

    @graham64 wrote:
    @mo1905 wrote:
    @Eddie wrote:Sad news indeed. Very sorry to hear Fergus has passed away, far too young, life can be very unfair. He was a staunch supporter of diabetics and worked hard for the cause. RIP

    On an upbeat note, nice to hear from Mo and Paul. I know you have higher priorities, than hanging around here with us miscreants, but always a chair here for you guys.

    I may not post here often but I do check in often and have a read. I am busy now, Grandad Mo :-)



    Congratulations Mo you'll have your hands full now  Very Happy


    Oh Mo ... she is adorable ... give her a big hug and cuddle from me Smile

    Many congratulations to you and all the family

    All the best Jan
    avatar
    Andy12345
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 1637
    Join date : 2014-08-14
    Age : 47
    Location : Surrey

    Re: Sad news !

    Post by Andy12345 on Sat Feb 11 2017, 19:43

    Sad news Sad

    avatar
    chris c
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Posts : 3015
    Join date : 2015-07-26

    Re: Sad news !

    Post by chris c on Sat Feb 11 2017, 22:19

    Sad Sad

    Strangely I was just thinking of a friend who died earlier today. He was a farmer and appeared to be in rude health with no visible problems. Took a week off for the first time in years to go fishing and had a massive heart attack sat by the lake. He was about 48.

    That reminded me of the incomparable Hana.

    I think what set me off down this train of thought was seeing a neighbour being carted off in an ambulance. Not one I knew beyond saying hello occasionally, I'll have to ask what happened.

      Current date/time is Sun Jul 23 2017, 11:48