THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+3
Indy51
Eddie
zand
7 posters

Get them carbs down ya after all...It's all about the FAT (apparently)

Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Get them carbs down ya after all...It's all about the FAT (apparently) Empty Get them carbs down ya after all...It's all about the FAT (apparently)

Post by Paul1976 Mon Mar 02 2015, 21:34

Just as you think the antis have gone quiet someone out of the blue posts this shite! Evil or Very Mad

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/why-are-you-all-so-convinced-carbs-are-the-problem.72927/

Talk about scraping the barrel!
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Get them carbs down ya after all...It's all about the FAT (apparently) Empty Re: Get them carbs down ya after all...It's all about the FAT (apparently)

Post by zand Mon Mar 02 2015, 21:41

Yep! And we've been here before....

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/low-carb-diets-harmful-the-science.55040/

OK different heading but.....
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Get them carbs down ya after all...It's all about the FAT (apparently) Empty Re: Get them carbs down ya after all...It's all about the FAT (apparently)

Post by Paul1976 Mon Mar 02 2015, 21:43

Something stinks for sure and it's not the sat fat! Shocked
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Mon Mar 02 2015, 21:47

Yep I totally agree!
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Mon Mar 02 2015, 21:52

I think that person has dropped a Klanger, sorry folks I couldn't resist it "I am eating about 600 carbs a day, all plant based and mostly whole foods" Unless they are shovelling spuds down all day, they must have the constitution of an elephant, check out how much veg you need to eat to get to 600 carbs.

File that story under total bollocks !
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Mon Mar 02 2015, 21:55

Notice how that after Gezza did the off we got Duggie and now that he's done the off we get this bollox! Hmmmm...
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Mon Mar 02 2015, 22:00

Me and Jan eat a hell of a lot of cabbage, broccoli, mushrooms, swede etc etc and we don't get near to 40 grams of carb from veg per day.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Mon Mar 02 2015, 22:03

eddie1 wrote:Me and Jan eat a hell of a lot of cabbage, broccoli, mushrooms, swede  etc etc and we don't get near to 40 grams of carb from veg per day.  

Exactly!! What's this guy eating-F*ckin' Toffee apples??? affraid
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Mon Mar 02 2015, 22:11

I dunno, what do trolls eat?
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Mon Mar 02 2015, 22:19

Hmmm just got a cut and paste from here onto the thread before NH closed it. I hope you don't mind me using your post about fructose Eddie.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Mon Mar 02 2015, 22:20

Maybe I was wrong affraid I've just been sent a pic of his daily veg delivery. You know what they say about a vegetarians fart don't you, good grief, a one man methane factory. Pipe his arse up and run a small village.

Get them carbs down ya after all...It's all about the FAT (apparently) Get-attachment
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Mon Mar 02 2015, 22:22

He's citing Dr Barnard who's miracle cure study equated to an average drop in A1c of 0.39  facepalm
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Mon Mar 02 2015, 22:29

Thread locked by Nobblyhead, shame, what a larf this klanger would have been eh. Tell you one thing! I reckon that's the first high carber banned in the forums history, and by Nobblyhead of all people.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Mon Mar 02 2015, 22:59

Sign him up ! We need the Klang man here lol !
    Indy51
    Indy51

Female Posts : 344

Post by Indy51 Mon Mar 02 2015, 23:01

In my experience, whenever anyone ends a post with the word "Discuss", I know it's an obvious shit stir and ignore the thread like the plague.

I always manage to miss the thread dramas, lockings, editings, deletions and arrive too late at the party.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Mon Mar 02 2015, 23:04

mo1905 wrote:Sign him up ! We need the Klang man here lol !

I have been hoping Sid would join up, surely The King Of Comedy, although this Klanger fella looked good court jester material. jocolor
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Mon Mar 02 2015, 23:05

Klang's still pushing Dr Barnard 

Check out what the NHS has to say about his study.

Overall, the pooled results of five of these trials found a vegetarian or vegan diet reduced HbA1c by 0.39%. There was no significant effect on fasting glucose levels, an assessment of how efficiently the body can process glucose in the short term.

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2014/11November/Pages/Vegetarian-diet-beneficial-for-people-with-diabetes.aspx
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Mon Mar 02 2015, 23:34

Yep,he's still digging himself into a hole on the 'Don't shoot the messenger' thread-must be hard for him to see sales of margarine and other frankenfoods plummet I guess...
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Mon Mar 02 2015, 23:37

The last from Klang before the thread was locked...

"But we haven;t "cut back on fat" as the article attests! This is one paper by what i bet you will find are funded by the animal industry."

Bloody hell!! jimlad lol!
    sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

Post by sanguine Tue Mar 03 2015, 10:02

Well at least I learned that it was proven decades ago that fat clogs arteries Rolling Eyes
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Tue Mar 03 2015, 10:13

Indy51 wrote:In my experience, whenever anyone ends a post with the word "Discuss", I know it's an obvious shit stir and ignore the thread like the plague.

I always manage to miss the thread dramas, lockings, editings, deletions and arrive too late at the party.

Totally agree. I always thought ending a post with the single word "discuss" sounded very arrogant.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Tue Mar 03 2015, 21:47

Gutted that ol' Klang has disappeared but we may have a close contender...

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/hospital-food-is-a-recipe-for-disaster.72911/page-2#post-787933

200 grams just for lunch! Shocked and a 'mere' 8.5mmol hours later before dinner...Hate to think what it is @2hrs post prandial then!
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Tue Mar 03 2015, 22:05

Paul wrote:
    200 grams just for lunch! Shocked and a 'mere' 8.5mmol hours later before dinner...Hate to think what it is @2hrs post prandial then!
    Get them carbs down ya after all...It's all about the FAT (apparently) Shh_meter_2
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Tue Mar 03 2015, 22:07

graham64 wrote:
    Paul wrote:
    Get them carbs down ya after all...It's all about the FAT (apparently) Shh_meter_2

thumb-up thumb-up thumb-up thumb-up
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Tue Mar 03 2015, 22:08

graham64 wrote:
    Paul wrote:

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil lol! lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28 2024, 01:53