THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

Now This Is My Kind Of Headline !

mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Now This Is My Kind Of Headline ! Empty Now This Is My Kind Of Headline !

Post by mo1905 Sun Mar 01 2015, 13:02

zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Now This Is My Kind Of Headline ! Empty Re: Now This Is My Kind Of Headline !

Post by zand Sun Mar 01 2015, 13:17

If that's true, why am I diabetic, huh?
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Sun Mar 01 2015, 13:23

Not sure ! Do you have 12 sugars in your tea lol :-)
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Sun Mar 01 2015, 13:24

I used to take 5 in my tea when I was a teenager! freakout
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Sun Mar 01 2015, 13:26

Sigh, no of course not. My uncle used to have 6 though and my Dad 3, and they weren't diabetic.

I think my posts today should come with a warning, I'm in an argumentative mood. Wink
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Sun Mar 01 2015, 13:28

Well I do drink a lot of tea - but 99.9% of cups are taken with milk, and this research seems to think it's black tea we should be drinking.

Here are the first words from the report but use the link that Mo gave to read more, which I've repeated below.

"Drinking cups of tea can help prevent type-2 diabetes, according to a growing body of scientific research.

A new study from researchers in the US found that black tea inhibits the body from absorbing glucose sugars, too much of which can cause type-2 diabetes.

The researchers, who brewed the tea under laboratory conditions, said tea could help control diabetes in humans.

“Our findings suggest that black tea and black tea pomace has potential for carbohydrate hydrolyzing enzyme inhibition and this activity depends on high molecular weight phenolic compounds,” the authors of the paper wrote."

Link you'll need to read more is :

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/drinking-a-cup-of-tea-can-help-prevent-diabetes-new-research-shows-10077857.html

Well the kettle is boiling - guess it's time for a cup ! May I pour you a 'virtual' one any body Smile

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Mar 01 2015, 13:29

Paul wrote:I used to take 5 in my tea when I was a teenager! freakout

freakout   freakout   freakout   freakout   freakout

Jan flower
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Sun Mar 01 2015, 13:32

I know! LOL Surprised I've got any teeth left to be honest! Twisted Evil

I dunno about a cup of tea but I could drink a bucket of tea right now-got a stinking cold which has left my mouth as dry as an Egyptian pharaohs sock!
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Mar 01 2015, 13:32

zand wrote:Sigh, no of course not.  My uncle used to have 6 though and my Dad 3, and they weren't diabetic.

I think my posts today should come with a warning, I'm in an argumentative mood.  Wink  

I used to have one sugar in my tea but stopped around the time I was a teenager. I think parents today should definitely be discouraged to put any added sugar in their children's drinks.

Anyway I've made you a relaxing cuppa Zand ..... enjoy  flower

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Mar 01 2015, 13:35

Paul wrote:I know! LOL Surprised I've got any teeth left to be honest! Twisted Evil

I dunno about a cup of tea but I could drink a bucket of tea right now-got a stinking cold which has left my mouth as dry as an Egyptian pharaohs sock!

There seems to be quite a lot of colds around at the moment ..... hope yours disappears soon Paul.

Hey and yes that's another good point sugar is bad for our teeth.

Take Care

Jan flower
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Mar 01 2015, 13:37

mo1905 wrote:Not sure ! Do you have 12 sugars in your tea lol :-)

Out of interest did you take sugar in your tea Mo ?

Cheers

Jan  flower
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Sun Mar 01 2015, 13:38

Jan1 wrote:

Cheers

Jan  flower

Yes Jan. Always had 2 sugars ! Now use sweeteners. I've tried tea unsweetened but I struggle with it.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Mar 01 2015, 13:41

mo1905 wrote:
    Jan1 wrote:

Cheers

Jan  flower

Yes Jan. Always had 2 sugars ! Now use sweeteners. I've tried tea unsweetened but I struggle with it.

Thanks Mo ..... I think most of us started drinking tea / coffee with added sugar  Shocked

Jan  flower

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content