THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+5
mo1905
Avocado Sevenfold
j
graham64
Andy12345
9 posters

We reep what we sow? Good!

Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

We reep what we sow? Good! Empty We reep what we sow? Good!

Post by Andy12345 Fri Feb 20 2015, 21:47

Today I met a type 2 diabetic, I was in her house doing a job, I was chatting to her husband a outs he's cancer that should've killed him but didn't and DB came up, turns out his wife is type2 so I ask her, how do you control it? She says I take pills, I ask do you test? No they told me I don't have to, aha I think, a soul can be saved, I start to explain that the advice she is getting is flawed so she says you can't believe what you see on the telly, so I say, no I research about it online, she turned into the hobbit when he tries to get the ring off frodo and says , you need to get a life! Lol, now I'm reading this thread "Is the forum always supportive or can it sometimes seem a little oppressive?"

Today I couldn't give a flying ... And wish everything they deserve on them, my soul is the one that needs saving today
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

We reep what we sow? Good! Empty Re: We reep what we sow? Good!

Post by graham64 Fri Feb 20 2015, 22:10

Andy12345 wrote:Today I met a type 2 diabetic, I was in her house doing a job, I was chatting to her husband a outs he's cancer that should've killed him but didn't and DB came up, turns out his wife is type2 so I ask her, how do you control it? She says I take pills, I ask do you test? No they told me I don't have to, aha I think, a soul can be saved, I start to explain that the advice she is getting is flawed so she says you can't believe what you see on the telly, so I say, no I research about it online, she turned into the hobbit when he tries to get the ring off frodo and says , you need to get a life! Lol, now I'm reading this thread "Is the forum always supportive or can it sometimes seem a little oppressive?"

Today I couldn't give a flying ... And wish everything they deserve on them, my soul is the one that needs saving today

You can lead a horse to water.... Crying or Very sad You did try Andy but she like many others never look beyond the advice doled out at their surgeries which more often than not is based on the low fat high carb nonsense from DUK/NHS Evil or Very Mad
    j

Male Posts : 111

Post by j Sat Feb 21 2015, 01:27

a1c of 8..that's not too bad, that's close to 7 [ideal diabetic target]
    don't eat too much and keep exercising more..carbs with every meal, lots of healthy grains and bread
    Avocado Sevenfold
    Avocado Sevenfold

Female Posts : 258

Post by Avocado Sevenfold Sat Feb 21 2015, 08:40

Hey Andy. The irony is that when you got diabetes, you DID get a life. You became a healthy athlete no less. You tried to help her, perhaps you planted a seed of curiosity in her mind. If not, never mind.

I didn't understand that thread tbh. If folk get a disease that requires them to rejig their macros and insulin, then it makes sense to do it surely. If they don't want advice from people who have successfully adapted, don't ask for it.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Sat Feb 21 2015, 09:22

Andy12345 wrote:Today I met a type 2 diabetic, I was in her house doing a job, I was chatting to her husband a outs he's cancer that should've killed him but didn't and DB came up, turns out his wife is type2 so I ask her, how do you control it? She says I take pills, I ask do you test? No they told me I don't have to, aha I think, a soul can be saved, I start to explain that the advice she is getting is flawed so she says you can't believe what you see on the telly, so I say, no I research about it online, she turned into the hobbit when he tries to get the ring off frodo and says , you need to get a life! Lol, now I'm reading this thread "Is the forum always supportive or can it sometimes seem a little oppressive?"

As others have rightly said, some will not accept the truth. Some will not give up their chip butties ! You done your bit Andy, and who knows, you may have planted a small seed and she may try to change eventually. As you say though, if she doesn't, so what ! Never give up mate !
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Sat Feb 21 2015, 09:34

thanks guys, sorry for my rant, sometimes i despair
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Sat Feb 21 2015, 10:41

We reep what we sow? Good! Proxy?url=http%3A%2F%2F4.bp.blogspot.com%2F-jq9IRSV_UmQ%2FVOhftrjw-WI%2FAAAAAAAAI44%2FvgowXV4S5sk%2Fs1600%2Fangry%252Bman

I think it's the way you explain diabetes control to people, you can't pussy foot around with the betus, my way focusses attention. affraid
    sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

Post by sanguine Sat Feb 21 2015, 10:54

Andy, you did what you could and what we all would have done - maybe you planted a seed in her head that might cause her to rethink in time, or maybe her husband took some of it on board, you can never tell.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Sat Feb 21 2015, 13:07

Hi Andy ........... I kinda agree with Rod when he said " Andy, you did what you could and what we all would have done - maybe you planted a seed in her head that might cause her to rethink in time, or maybe her husband took some of it on board, you can never tell. "

I do think it is worth discussing and exchanging ideas, it does sometimes encourage people to question - and question we must.

Onwards and Upwards as the saying goes Smile

All the best Jan
    Two Collies
    Two Collies

Male Posts : 133

Post by Two Collies Sat Feb 21 2015, 18:07

graham64 wrote:

You can lead a horse to water.... Crying or Very sad You did try Andy but she like many others never look beyond the advice doled out at their surgeries which more often than not is based on the low fat high carb nonsense from DUK/NHS Evil or Very Mad

Look at Dr Trudi Deakin, of Xpert fame! Saw the light re LCHF and has been on 80% fat diet for just under a year now clap
    Been auditing Xpert and it sure is LCHF friendly compared to how it was in 2009 cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 17:12