THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+2
Eddie
Dillinger
6 posters

Diabetes is all about insulin and glucose right? Wrong!

Dillinger
    Dillinger

Male Posts : 209

Diabetes is all about insulin and glucose right? Wrong! Empty Diabetes is all about insulin and glucose right? Wrong!

Post by Dillinger Tue Feb 03 2015, 12:38

Have a look at this lecture that I found care of Dr Kendrick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjQkqFSdDOc

It's quite amazing really; the basic idea is that the core purpose of insulin is in the regulation of glucagon not in the lowering of glucose in the body.

Mice who had no beta cells but had suppressed glucagon levels had normal blood sugar levels. That is normal blood sugar levels in the absence of insulin.  Who would have thunk it eh?

Just think now that we have this knowledge it will only take 50 years until we get an appropriate treatment regime!

Best

Dillinger

Last edited by Dillinger on Wed Feb 04 2015, 08:54; edited 1 time in total
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Diabetes is all about insulin and glucose right? Wrong! Empty Re: Diabetes is all about insulin and glucose right? Wrong!

Post by Eddie Tue Feb 03 2015, 14:38

Thanks Dillinger for the great vid link I have posted above and is a much watch for all diabetics. Yet again we see the dangers for type two diabetics injecting insulin.

Some will recall the great debate on the subject over at the flog, locked because it was deemed to be scaremongering by the non diabetic admin. The information was backed by latest scientific information, and was very scary for the carboholics and carb up and shoot up brigade.

I have dragged back the thread from oblivion here. http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/recent-insulin-study.50729/

I believe it is a must read for all type two diabetics, and highlights how corruption and stupidity at DCUK is stopping the members obtaining sound information.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Diabetes is all about insulin and glucose right? Wrong! Empty Re: Diabetes is all about insulin and glucose right? Wrong!

Post by mo1905 Tue Feb 03 2015, 18:36

Thanks Dillinger. My guess is it will take more than 50 years !!
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Tue Feb 03 2015, 20:31

Brilliant!
    Dillinger
    Dillinger

Male Posts : 209

Post by Dillinger Wed Feb 04 2015, 13:26

Look here is an study on the use of glucagon suppressing therapy in Type 2 diabetics; showing some very position results.  

http://dvd.sagepub.com/content/8/2_suppl/S26.abstract

I thought nothing had come of this.

But guess what; NICE have recommended this for Type 2 diabetics; have you ever heard of it?

https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ta203

Best

Dillinger
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Wed Feb 04 2015, 13:38

so is this as good as it sounds?
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Wed Feb 04 2015, 16:52

Never heard of it. Anyone been prescribed it ?
    Sally
    Sally

Post by Sally Wed Feb 04 2015, 17:16

I note from the Abstract, linked to by Dillinger, that,
    "Because liraglutide stimulates insulin secretion and suppresses glucagon secretion only when blood glucose levels are elevated, the risk of treatment-associated hypoglycaemia is low."

So this drug (and its side effects) is not necessary for those who low carb, because their glucose levels won't be elevated in the first place.  I'd recommend sticking with low carb!
    Sally
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Wed Feb 04 2015, 17:24

Good point Sally, low carbing is always the preferred method of choice.
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Wed Feb 04 2015, 22:06

Dillinger wrote:Look here is an study on the use of glucagon suppressing therapy in Type 2 diabetics; showing some very position results.  

http://dvd.sagepub.com/content/8/2_suppl/S26.abstract

I thought nothing had come of this.

But guess what; NICE have recommended this for Type 2 diabetics; have you ever heard of it?

https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ta203

Best

Dillinger

Liraglutide is marketed under the brand name of Victoza, it's not new approved by the FDA in Jan 2010, aside from diabetes it's also now being touted as a weight loss drug. As with most diabetic drugs it comes with a long list of possible side effects

http://www.drugs.com/sfx/liraglutide-side-effects.html

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28 2024, 19:50