THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+2
Andy12345
Eddie
6 posters

News Review From Harvard Medical School -- At Best, Type 1 Diabetes Doubles Death Risk

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

News Review From Harvard Medical School -- At Best, Type 1 Diabetes Doubles Death Risk Empty News Review From Harvard Medical School -- At Best, Type 1 Diabetes Doubles Death Risk

Post by Eddie Thu Dec 11 2014, 17:14

No matter how well they control their blood sugar, people with type 1 diabetes have at least twice the normal risk of early death, a new study finds. The study included 34,000 people with type 1 diabetes. They were compared with nearly 170,000 non-diabetics. Their average age was 36 when the study began. Researchers kept track of them for an average of 8 years. During the study, 8% of those with diabetes and 2.9% of non-diabetics died. About 2.7% of diabetics and 0.9% of the other group died of heart disease or stroke. Risk of death was even higher for diabetics with poor control of their blood sugar. Those with the highest average blood sugar were 8.5 times as likely to die as those without diabetes. Their heart-related death rates were 10.5 times as high. Diabetics with the lowest average blood sugar were 2.4 times as likely to die during the study as those without diabetes. They were 2.9 times as likely to die of heart disease or stroke. People with slightly higher average blood sugar were no more likely to die than those with the lowest levels. The New England Journal of Medicine published the study. HealthDay News wrote about it November 19.

By Robert H. Shmerling, M.D. Harvard Medical School link here http://www.intelihealth.com/article/at-best-type-1-diabetes-doubles-death-risk

"No matter how well they control their blood sugar, people with type 1 diabetes have at least twice the normal risk of early death"

Like so many things in life, it's not what you do, it's how you do it. Ramming BG numbers down with medication to cover high carb meals is never going to work, and that is a proven fact.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

News Review From Harvard Medical School -- At Best, Type 1 Diabetes Doubles Death Risk Empty Re: News Review From Harvard Medical School -- At Best, Type 1 Diabetes Doubles Death Risk

Post by mo1905 Thu Dec 11 2014, 17:17

That's cheered me up lol ! Two things in this life are certain, death & taxes :-)
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

News Review From Harvard Medical School -- At Best, Type 1 Diabetes Doubles Death Risk Empty Re: News Review From Harvard Medical School -- At Best, Type 1 Diabetes Doubles Death Risk

Post by Eddie Thu Dec 11 2014, 17:19

mo1905 wrote:That's cheered me up lol ! Two things in this life are certain, death & taxes :-)

Never ever forget, death can be fatal. lol!
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Thu Dec 11 2014, 17:30

mo1905 wrote:That's cheered me up lol ! Two things in this life are certain, death & taxes :-)

you hang in there pickle......

but just in case.....

bye!

Laughing
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Thu Dec 11 2014, 17:34

Andy12345 wrote:

you hang in there pickle......

but just in case.....

bye!

Laughing

Play your cards right mate and he might leave you his rowing machine in his will! woot lol!
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Thu Dec 11 2014, 17:51

Haha ! If I snuff it before Xmas, it's yours Andy !
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Thu Dec 11 2014, 17:53

thats just morbid!

.....erm, what make is the rowing machine?
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Thu Dec 11 2014, 18:09

Andy12345 wrote:thats just morbid!

.....erm, what make is the rowing machine?

Slightly warped......Concept 2........only the best.......fingers crossed :-)
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Thu Dec 11 2014, 18:42

Oh I've got my fingers crossed for me you

Very Happy Very Happy
    Dillinger
    Dillinger

Male Posts : 209

Post by Dillinger Thu Dec 11 2014, 21:26

This is absolutely terrible news.

I just don't know what to say.

You do your very best and then this happens...

I thought I was getting the rowing machine.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Thu Dec 11 2014, 23:06

Dillinger wrote:This is absolutely terrible news.

I just don't know what to say.

You do your very best and then this happens...

I thought I was getting the rowing machine.

Lol ! Sorry, it's not a tandem :-)
    j

Male Posts : 111

Post by j Fri Dec 12 2014, 18:32

Although not a tandem, I thought he was a coxon, Im not sure

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 16:35