THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

Reversal of early Alzheimer's?

AliB
    AliB

Female Posts : 377

Reversal of early Alzheimer's?  Empty Reversal of early Alzheimer's?

Post by AliB Mon Dec 08 2014, 22:31

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/12/08/health/alzheimers-reversal/index.html?hpt=hp_c5

This is interesting. Experimental reversal of early Alzheimer's using diet and supplements.....

Fasting rears its head again in this - used in the study to reverse insulin resistance.

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Reversal of early Alzheimer's?  Empty Re: Reversal of early Alzheimer's?

Post by Jan1 Mon Dec 08 2014, 23:27

AliB wrote:http://edition.cnn.com/2014/12/08/health/alzheimers-reversal/index.html?hpt=hp_c5

This is interesting. Experimental reversal of early Alzheimer's using diet and supplements.....

Fasting rears its head again in this - used in the study to reverse insulin resistance.

Very interesting article Ali, I've highlighted and copied some of the words from the study/report

"She fasts for more than 12 hours between dinner and the next day's breakfast, making sure there are at least three hours between dinner and bedtime. The idea behind fasting, said Bredesen, is that with the break the body begins a process called autophagy, which can help destroy amyloid-beta, a problematic protein that builds up in the brains of Alzheimer's patients.

Gee has also cut out processed foods from her diet, including sugar, grains and other starches, since they can stir up inflammation in the brain. Her rule of thumb: "I don't buy any packaged, boxed or canned food."

A typical dinner for her includes mostly raw organic vegetables drizzled with extra virgin olive oil and wild caught fish. Occasionally she replaces the fish with grass-fed lean meats. She has integrated more fermented foods into her diet — research is beginning to correlate gut health with brain health.
    "

Alzheimer's / Dementia is a very cruel disease, it is one that runs in my family. It is the main reason I now follow a LCHF lifestyle. Of course there are many different illnesses out there but as Hippocrates said all those years ago ' Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food'

All the best Jan
    j

Male Posts : 111

Post by j Tue Dec 09 2014, 05:20

it's a start, but how can they do an article with only half of it..cut carbs?
    they need to go keto and fats including coconut oils [mct]
    https://www.google.com.au/#q=alzheimer's+coconut+oil
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Tue Dec 09 2014, 09:01

I agree, for me, the best dietary advice is to tell people what they SHOULD eat, not focus on what they SHOULDN'T. Most people who bother to join a diabetes forum and spend time on them are pretty clued up on this but when docs, nurses or even forums are looking to target newly diagnosed the advice needs to be speck.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28 2024, 00:48