THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

5 posters

Australian low carb chef gets a kicking

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Australian low carb chef gets a kicking  Empty Australian low carb chef gets a kicking

Post by Eddie Sun Dec 07 2014, 09:06

HEALTH nut Pete Evans is putting his fans’ health at risk with his extreme views on diet and lifestyle, according to experts.

“It enrages me when celebrities like Peter Evans disregard and devalue medicine and can have potentially serious consequences for members of the public who follow these words,” Australian Medical Association Victorian president Dr Tony Bartone said.

“While everyone is entitled to their own views, rightly or wrongly celebrities’ comments and actions hold extra weight in society.”

Evans passionately advocates the controversial paleo diet and has attacked the Dietitians Association of Australia and the Heart Foundation. The paleo — or caveman — diet promotes poultry, fish, eggs, fruit, vegetables and meat, and avoids legumes, grains and dairy.

Evans has this week begun championing the use of kinesiology on his Facebook page, which has more than 455,000 fans, claiming he has not had to see GP in 20 years.

And he has publicly declared there is anecdotal evidence his diet has cured illnesses such as polycystic ovary syndrome, a hormonal condition that affects women of child-bearing age.

“Food really is medicine!” he posted.

More on this story here http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/news/paleo-diet-health-experts-slam-chef-pete-evans-for-pushing-extreme-views/story-e6frea6u-1227146790226?nk=ea92ce29ead8254252bd34f2b06d2df8
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Australian low carb chef gets a kicking  Empty Re: Australian low carb chef gets a kicking

Post by Jan1 Sun Mar 15 2015, 18:13

Australian low carb chef gets a kicking  1423966947692

I really like Pete Evans and 'down under' he is doing a lot of good talking about eating more healthily. Whether it be Paleo, Primal, Low Carb when a well known chef talks about it, things get mentioned. This article was in The Brisbane Times in February 2015, you may have already seen it, but I found it quite interesting.

I've just copied/pasted the first paragraph use the link to read more.

" In its annual "Top Celebrity Diets to Avoid in The New Year", the British Dietetic Association rated the paleo diet as the second worst regime, second only to "Urine Therapy" which advocates drinking you own urine for alleged health benefits.

The Dietitians Association of Australia call the paleo diet "potentially dangerous". There are arguments that it's too expensive, tasteless, unsustainable, time consuming and socially isolating. "

Read More Here:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/act-news/canberra-life/paleo-pete-evans-and-the-truth-about-the-diet-20150214-135uw2.html

All the best Jan
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Australian low carb chef gets a kicking  Empty Re: Australian low carb chef gets a kicking

Post by Paul1976 Sun Mar 15 2015, 18:25

"The Dietitians Association of Australia call the paleo diet "potentially dangerous". There are arguments that it's too expensive, tasteless, unsustainable, time consuming and socially isolating. "

Looks like they forgot to add "And it also costs the high carb/low fat food industry a fortune in lost revenue and makes our dietary advice look very shaky indeed when you really break it down into what it really is" to that quote!! Exclamation
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Sun Mar 15 2015, 19:12

Paul, I'll let you into a secret, Jan fancies him big time. Can't say I blame her. Shocked
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Sun Mar 15 2015, 19:15

eddie1 wrote:Paul, I'll let you into a secret, Jan fancies him big time. Can't say I blame her. Shocked

Even more than Jonas?  affraid   lol!

Australian low carb chef gets a kicking  Jonas-colting-the-naked-runner
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Sun Mar 15 2015, 19:20

Jeez Paul, last time Jan copped a look at Colting's body naked she was in a right state for weeks. How am I supposed to tempt her with my decrepit carcass?
    horfilmania
    horfilmania

Female Posts : 68

Post by horfilmania Mon Mar 16 2015, 04:22

This Pete Evans must to onto something to get conventional medicine and dieticians in such a tizzy. We can't have people listening to him otherwise our incomes will completely dry up they are thinking. Obviously, very threatened by him therefore the attacks.

OMG he promotes
    a diet of poultry, fish, eggs, fruit, vegetables and meat
    OMG Evil or Very Mad We certainly can't have that.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Mon Mar 16 2015, 16:57

This is my diet guru !Australian low carb chef gets a kicking  Images10
    horfilmania
    horfilmania

Female Posts : 68

Post by horfilmania Tue Mar 17 2015, 04:09

mo1905 wrote:This is my diet guru !Australian low carb chef gets a kicking  Images10

A Vegan? freakout banghead

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07 2024, 02:51