THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

Bar Bloody Humbug

Missy1
    Missy1
    Troll

Female Posts : 30

Bar Bloody Humbug  Empty Bar Bloody Humbug

Post by Missy1 Sun Nov 30 2014, 18:36

Christmas santa is at our throats again. A pagan festive high jacked by Christians and claimed by it proponents to promote a desirable "spirit,'' making people "jolly," etc.,

The evidence show that the Christmas period is marked by environmental degradation, hazardous products, travel and inefficient uses of key resources and perhaps most important stress.

So you would think with the above knowledge that laws would be passed to limit or better get rid of the festive period.

I particular hate Christmas music that now blaring out of speakers in ever shop you visits. Every time I hear  Band Aide "Do they no its Christmas" or that Slade song "Merry Christmas Everyone" I feel the urge to hang myself from the nearest chandelier.

For me starting on Christmas Eve and finishing on New Years Day are the most boring and unproductive for me. I don't have any family or get invited to any parties Sad so the period drags and drags.

Last year I sat at home with a microwave meal and bottle of tawny Port and it seems it going to be the same this year. Although I have secured some magic pixie dust to help through the festive period.

Roll on new year, Bar Bloody Humbug

Last edited by Missy1 on Sun Nov 30 2014, 18:50; edited 2 times in total
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Bar Bloody Humbug  Empty Re: Bar Bloody Humbug

Post by Eddie Sun Nov 30 2014, 18:39

"Every time I here sic Band Aide "do they no sic its Christmas" or that Slade song "Merry Christmas Everyone" I feel the urge to hang myself from the nearest chandelier."

Don't let anyone here stop you.

Last edited by eddie1 on Sun Nov 30 2014, 18:45; edited 1 time in total
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Sun Nov 30 2014, 18:44

There are various ways you can start on-line petitions now Missy. Good luck with this. I think you need 100,000 before anyone will take much notice. Here is a link:

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk

Please keep us updated.

Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Sun Nov 30 2014, 19:32

Missy1 wrote:

For me starting on Christmas Eve and finishing on New Years Day are the most boring and unproductive for me. I don't have any family or get invited to any parties Sad  so the period drags and drags.

Christmas ain't great for everyone and if you don't have family,why not use December to broaden your social circles to meet people like yourself and I don't mean a Turkey dinner either...Nights out in wine bars,cocktails putting the world to rights etc...Despite your apparent 'Hard,mean and sarcastic shell' there's a sense of humour in there that shows itself from time to time and NO-ONE should spend Christmas alone.

Never let it be said that I don't have any Christmas spirit. freakout Wink
    Missy1
    Missy1
    Troll

Female Posts : 30

Post by Missy1 Sun Nov 30 2014, 19:42

Paul wrote:Christmas ain't great for everyone and if you don't have family,why not use December to broaden your social circles to meet people like yourself and I don't mean a Turkey dinner either...Nights out in wine bars,cocktails putting the world to rights etc...Despite your apparent 'Hard,mean and sarcastic shell' there's a sense of humour in there that shows itself from time to time and NO-ONE should spend Christmas alone.

I get to depressed to do anything around Christmas its all the forced jollity I hate also I found out my childhood friend "The good Doctor" is ill in hospital Sad

I'm in the process of building him a on-line present.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 20:27