THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

Gut bacteria & artificial sweeteners.

AliB
    AliB

Female Posts : 377

Gut bacteria & artificial sweeteners. Empty Gut bacteria & artificial sweeteners.

Post by AliB Wed Nov 26 2014, 19:32

This article is from September, but popped in to my inbox today. I apologise if anyone has already posted it.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/09/140917131634.htm
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Gut bacteria & artificial sweeteners. Empty Re: Gut bacteria & artificial sweeteners.

Post by zand Wed Nov 26 2014, 19:51

Thanks for posting this, it confirms what I already knew - my years and years of drinking at least 2 litres of diet coke a day messed up my metabolism and gave me a good push towards developing diabetes.

Many years back I was on holiday in Rome with my family. We went on a coach tour and the tour guide had a dry sense of humour. He said 'There's coke or diet coke. Now why is it that only fat people drink diet coke. I think it must make you fat, yes?' How right he was. Rolling Eyes
    AliB
    AliB

Gut bacteria & artificial sweeteners. Empty Re: Gut bacteria & artificial sweeteners.

Post by AliB Wed Nov 26 2014, 20:11

It seems to me that modern science has messed with us big-time.

Before science (BS) was 'invented' there was food and common sense. After scienctific supposition (ASS) came stuff that was passed off as food but was doing more harm than good. Common sense packed its bags and left....

I really don't know how the World managed to continue turning before science.

We are told modern science has done a lot of good - but is it a double-edged sword also leaving a lot of harm in its wake?

They know not what they do....
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Wed Nov 26 2014, 20:29

That's true enough! Smile
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Thu Nov 27 2014, 20:11

AliB said "We are told modern science has done a lot of good - but is it a double-edged sword also leaving a lot of harm in its wake? " This could well be true Ali.

We need to advance but at what cost? I believe the balance of nature needs to be maintained, in an ideal world we should work in harmony, but we left that path sometime ago and I think it's more than a little out of kilter at the moment ! Does nature win in the end? We'll see .....

All the best Jan
    AliB
    AliB

Post by AliB Thu Nov 27 2014, 21:37

Nature only wins Jan, when humans leave well alone.

Meddling never improves anything. You can't improve on perfection.

We are not nearly as intelligent or clever as we think we are. Sadly, there is already permanent damage, not only to ourselves, but also to our beautiful planet that man will never be able to undo.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 03:08