THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

2 posters

Berberine vs Metformin

AliB
    AliB

Female Posts : 377

Berberine vs Metformin Empty Berberine vs Metformin

Post by AliB Tue Nov 18 2014, 16:58

There are quite a few articles decrying the use of berberine (Barberry, Goldenseal, Oregon Grape [Mahonia]), saying 'studies' have found it to be 'potentially harmful', but I kind of take those with a pinch if salt.

They are highly likely to have been funded by or connected to the drugs industry, who will try and trash anything that might remotely threaten their hold.

It is interesting that Berberine can have a superior effect on blood sugar, without the side-effects, and it is also interesting that Berberine is a potent anti-parasite herb.......

http://www.tahomaclinicblog.com/berberine-diabetes/
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Berberine vs Metformin Empty Re: Berberine vs Metformin

Post by zand Tue Nov 18 2014, 17:34

Thank you Ali. Since I'm no longer prescribed metformin it's nice to know there is something else I can take instead. Smile
    AliB
    AliB

Female Posts : 377

Post by AliB Wed Nov 19 2014, 14:45

I started taking Goldenseal yesterday. The worms went ballistic. One of the things found in the Berberine study was that those taking it lost on average 5 lbs over the course. I can't help wondering if they lost 5lbs of parasites without knowing it!

Anyway, I will monitor and see what happens with the blood sugar over the weeks.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28 2024, 13:27