THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+2
Paul1976
Eddie
6 posters

DCUK Noblehead was he spoofing us all along?

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

DCUK Noblehead was he spoofing us all along? Empty DCUK Noblehead was he spoofing us all along?

Post by Eddie Wed Nov 12 2014, 12:26

Anyone reading Nobleheads posts over the last six years know he is a stalwart member of the antl low carb high fat clique. Never missing an opportunity to vilify healthy saturated fats and giving dire warnings about low carbing. On insulin with adequate test strips and a good medical team, he failed to appreciate many others had none of these benefits and low carb was their only option. That being said, he must be fully aware many with all the benefits and who did low carb, reported vastly improved BG and weight control on the forum.

Noblehead always gave everyone the impression his diabetes was under control and his BG numbers excellent, he had diabetes licked due to his wonderful healthcare team, no need for him to low carb, or has he been spoofing us all along ? Yesterday on the forum he started a new thread and posted this here. http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/insulin-pump.67183/

"Been provisionally told that I may be eligible to go on a pump, I'm a little apprehensive but excited at the same time, been injecting insulin for 33 years so won't miss the injections one little bit."

So, he may be eligible for an insulin pump on the NHS. What qualifies an adult for a pump on the NHS.

"Attempts to reach target haemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) levels with multiple daily injections (MDI) result in the person having "disabling hypoglycaemia". For the purpose of this guidance, disabling hypoglycaemia is defined as the repeated and unpredictable occurrence of hypoglycaemia that results in persistent anxiety about recurrence and is associated with a significant adverse effect on quality of life.

HbA1c levels have remained high (8.5% or above) with multiple daily injections (including using long-acting insulin analogues if appropriate) despite the person and/or their carer carefully trying to manage their diabetes." Info from here. http://www.insulin-pumpers.org.uk/ukfunding/

The above criteria clearly does not describe a person with good control of their diabetes, it is a very long way from good diabetes control. This raises several questions. 1. Has Noblehead been spoofing us re. his control of diabetes? 2. Has his regime suddenly let him down and a pump is the only way to improve his poor control? 3. Is he spoofing the NHS?

The $64000 question for me is, would Noblehead be needing a pump if he had used a correct diet for a diabetic over the years, i.e. a low carb diet? A diet he has vilified for so long. He has constantly meddled in type two threads and together with a few other low carb antis, had countless low carb threads locked, and countless type two diabetics and low carbers banned.

For years I have asked myself the question. Why would a few forum anti's spend years and post countless times against low carb, when they can clearly see so many others posting fantastic success with a low carb diet. In fact almost all the success. Could it be they could not change their diet, they are far too addicted to carbs they defend so hard. Could it be they have been jealous of the success of others, who have the self discipline and dedication to radically change their lifestyle and not carry on as before and use nil/minimal medication to really control their diabetes.

Time will tell it always does, as we have seen so many times with the antis, they have so often contradicted themselves, so many times they have proved to be less than honest. I hope Noblehead gets his pump and he gains good control of his blood glucose. Maybe, just maybe he might reflect one day on the damage he has done and the fear he has spread to so many on the forum, especially to the diabetics that cannot even get a prescription test strip to enable good control. The sort of people who are working and ultimately will pick up the tab, the very expensive tab for his pump and consumables.

Eddie
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

DCUK Noblehead was he spoofing us all along? Empty Re: DCUK Noblehead was he spoofing us all along?

Post by Paul1976 Wed Nov 12 2014, 15:30

I must admit I found this 'Odd' too as I also felt the same as you Eddie in that I thought pumps were reserved for those who cannot achieve safe or stable control on diet and Basal/Bolus MDI alone(Correct me if I have missed something fundemental here) so I did wonder myself why a person with 'Apparent' good control would become eligible for a pump considering the cost of them...as for low carbing,this member states that they tried low carbing and it did not reduce their insulin requirement one bit which I find very strange to say the least and I noticed that the 'Pizza effect' was cited a few times by the said member in the reasons why it didn't work but surely the pizza effect only applies to a high carb-high fat meal and not a low carb high fat meal? Obviously protein does have an insulin requirement but only around 50% in the absence of carbs as far as I'm aware but fats on there own have little or no effect on my levels...Something just don't add up at all TBH
    Eddie
    Eddie

DCUK Noblehead was he spoofing us all along? Empty Re: DCUK Noblehead was he spoofing us all along?

Post by Eddie Wed Nov 12 2014, 17:17

Paul said

"this member states that they tried low carbing and it did not reduce their insulin requirement one bit which I find very strange to say the least and I noticed that the 'Pizza effect' was cited a few times by the said member in the reasons why it didn't work but surely the pizza effect only applies to a high carb-high fat meal and not a low carb high fat meal"

Yes I have read that, I think the member does not have a very good knowledge of how insulin works and how diet can effect BG numbers. I have seen others state they require more insulin when consuming a high carb high fat meal, I can understand that. They blame the fat but they are wrong. It is not the fat that is causing BG levels to rise above target, but the fat does change the insulin profile, sometimes dramatically. Hence the NICE guidelines published by DCUK ad nausea are so misleading. With a high carb high fat meal BG can peak at 3,4 even five hours after a meal. This can be long after fast acting insulin performance has peaked. The solution is to reduce the carbs, which for most results in less insulin being required and more predictable and accurate BG control.
    Dillinger
    Dillinger

Male Posts : 209

Post by Dillinger Wed Nov 12 2014, 17:31

I asked my consultant about a pump and he said I couldn't have one because my control was too good. Which made me wander off muttering about being punished for success and rewarded for failure.

I have heard of more enlightened diabetic clinics pushing for pumps for all Type 1's but that would appear to be very much the exception not the rule.

So, that is interesting.

As we are on the subject of DUK do you remember the issue with the moderators being fine with multiple accounts and 'not being able to see a problem there'? Do you think Sid Bonkers is an alternative account of one or more of the moderators? Dun, Dun Daaaaa! Might explain a thing or two eh?

Best

Dillinger
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Wed Nov 12 2014, 17:36

Hi Dillinger

According to an anon on the main low carb diabetic blog you was on a pump but gave it up.

"Peneu and dillianger were given pumps why? More to the point why is Dillianger no longer pumping?"

http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.co.uk/

What larks as you have said in the past.

Last edited by eddie1 on Wed Nov 12 2014, 17:41; edited 1 time in total
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Wed Nov 12 2014, 17:39

Dillinger wrote:

As we are on the subject of DUK do you remember the issue with the moderators being fine with multiple accounts and 'not being able to see a problem there'? Do you think Sid Bonkers is an alternative account of one or more of the moderators? Dun, Dun Daaaaa! Might explain a thing or two eh?

Best

Dillinger

It's crossed my mind a lot too and might explain why one night last year (Can't remember the thread) when there was no admin or mods online at the time and the staff profiles showed that they hadn't been online at the time too-that a thread regarding low carb that had input from the Clique was locked and posts deleted so in my mind only a 'Secret' staff member could have done this...Hmmmm freakout
    Dillinger
    Dillinger

Male Posts : 209

Post by Dillinger Wed Nov 12 2014, 17:48

Ah, ok - I've answered there as well. Jopar eh? What a charmer...
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Wed Nov 12 2014, 17:53

Dillinger wrote:Ah, ok - I've answered there as well. Jopar eh? What a charmer...

Hi Dillinger!

I reckon it's Jopar but If it's not then Sid would be next on my list-followed by a Spambot! affraid

Cheers

Paul
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Wed Nov 12 2014, 18:02

Dillinger wrote:I asked my consultant about a pump and he said I couldn't have one because my control was too good. Which made me wander off muttering about being punished for success and rewarded for failure.

I have heard of more enlightened diabetic clinics pushing for pumps for all Type 1's but that would appear to be very much the exception not the rule.

So, that is interesting.

Best

Dillinger

Who knows the truth about what goes on over there. Never forget, Jopar, SarahQ aka CarbsRock and Tubolard aka Carbopile were once forum mods. Following on in that tradition the place now has the Cherub on the tiller. That being said, I can't believe the Bonkers one is a black ops mod, but I have been wrong before.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Wed Nov 12 2014, 18:40

This is the reply after a member queried why a pump was being considered:

"I've been having a few issues with injection site problems, more recently with my bum but have had issues with my stomach for a number of years, I did leave the stomach alone for some time and went back to it but I'm beginning to see poor insulin absorption again, so have just been mainly using my arms for my QA insulin and using my legs for my basal.

I think after injecting for 33 years it has taken it's toll on my injection sites, we (that is my DSN and I) figure that moving from injections to a pump will resolve these issues as I will only have to insert a cannula every 3 days as opposed to injecting 12 - 15 times over the same time period."

It's difficult for me to comment as I have no clue what recent HbA1C's are or recent BG levels. I've also never come across anyone with the problems of injection sites as above. My initial thoughts were the same as everyone else, must be poor control etc but I would only be guessing.
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Wed Nov 12 2014, 19:44

I don't know anything about pumps or injection sites but I do wonder as to why people like him, have made it their mission deterring folks not to low carb, I'm bias of course, maybe they think that our mission is wrong? And they believe low carbing is actually a bad thing? I don't get that but it's the only explanation apart from them being wicked, why would a diabetes forum attract so many wicked people? It wouldn't, unless diabetes is more common in the wicked genetically linked? As I find that hard to believe, what the hell are their motives I continue to wonder
    Mud Island Dweller
    Mud Island Dweller

Female Posts : 228

Post by Mud Island Dweller Wed Nov 12 2014, 19:55

l hold my hand up and sorry to cause disbelief...l never noticed he was anti low carb and sid seems/ed ok

mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Wed Nov 12 2014, 19:57

To be honest Andy I think their problem is they are quite happy NOT having opinions and so anyone with an opinion is deemed to be a threat. People join a health forum for advice, not to be told "speak to your doc, nurse" etc ! they want to be told WHAT TO DO ! Not told what they possibly might want to maybe occasionally sometimes often not we're all different opinion ! It's easy to knock someone else's opinion and find fault ! Unless advice is offered that applies to everyone, 100% of the time, it is ridiculed and found fault with. Confusion reigns. Have you ever read a post from anyone saying they've managed good control with a high carb diet ? No, you won't. They like to knock good advice whilst offering no viable alternative. What makes me laugh is the "eat to your meter" advice ! How many threads do you read from T2's who don't even have a meter and have no way of TESTING their levels ! Yes, you could advise them to buy a meter but the majority won't or can't self fund. So much wasted opportunities there. So many newbies asking for advice, getting very little and leaving. So much contradiction and confusion. How many low carb success stories do they need to read before they sit up and smell the bacon ! Crazy !
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Wed Nov 12 2014, 20:11

mo1905 wrote:To be honest Andy I think their problem is they are quite happy NOT having opinions and so anyone with an opinion is deemed to be a threat. People join a health forum for advice, not to be told "speak to your doc, nurse" etc ! they want to be told WHAT TO DO ! Not told what they possibly might want to maybe occasionally sometimes often not we're all different opinion ! It's easy to knock someone else's opinion and find fault ! Unless advice is offered that applies to everyone, 100% of the time, it is ridiculed and found fault with. Confusion reigns. Have you ever read a post from anyone saying they've managed good control with a high carb diet ? No, you won't. They like to knock good advice whilst offering no viable alternative. What makes me laugh is the "eat to your meter" advice ! How many threads do you read from T2's who don't even have a meter and have no way of TESTING their levels ! Yes, you could advise them to buy a meter but the majority won't or can't self fund. So much wasted opportunities there. So many newbies asking for advice, getting very little and leaving. So much contradiction and confusion. How many low carb success stories do they need to read before they sit up and smell the bacon ! Crazy !

Although I try to disagree with mods at any opportunity, you make it hard Mo, Smile totally get ya rasta
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Wed Nov 12 2014, 20:12

Mud Island Dweller wrote:l hold my hand up and sorry to cause disbelief...l never noticed he was anti low carb and sid seems/ed ok

Really? Wow
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Wed Nov 12 2014, 20:45

Mud Island Dweller wrote:l hold my hand up and sorry to cause disbelief...l never noticed he was anti low carb and sid seems/ed ok

Check out a take on Sid's rantings and sarcasm aimed at low carbers that are highlighted here...

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/statins-what-happens-if-i-dont-take-them.21735/#post-195943

http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/sid-bonkers-ambrennan-and-other.html

http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/sid-bonkers-goes-completely-errbonkers.html

http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/has-bonkers-one-got-minerals.html

Just a small snapshot as there's LOTS more sadly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07 2024, 06:40