THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

2 posters

Sharon Osbourne talks 16 year depression: Lost 30 lbs on low-carb ketogenic diet

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Sharon Osbourne talks 16 year depression: Lost 30 lbs on low-carb ketogenic diet Empty Sharon Osbourne talks 16 year depression: Lost 30 lbs on low-carb ketogenic diet

Post by Eddie Wed Nov 05 2014, 19:28

Sharon Osbourne has been battling clinical depression for the past 16 years and takes antidepressant drugs to manage her condition. Osbourne made the revelation on her CBS show, The Talk, Nov. 3.

"Some days are better than others," said Osbourne, 62. "And some days you feel like you just want to pull the sheets over your head and just stay in that bed and not do a damn thing except rot."

Sharon is doing well these days, thanks to medication, but has struggled with health issues for years. Osbourne, who was overweight her entire life, recently lost 30 pounds in six weeks on the low carb, high-fat ketogenic Atkins diet.

Atkins chief nutritionist, Linda O’Byrne, told me in an exclusive Examiner interview Sharon does not count calories, but focuses on consuming healthy fats and keeping daily carb intake to less than 25 grams.

Low carb diets such as the Atkins, Paleo and ketogenic diets fuel rapid weight loss by forcing the body to burn fat fuel in a metabolic state called ketosis, said Dr. Eric Westman, co-author of Keto Clarity.

Research also suggests the low-carb high-fat ketogenic diet fights depression and bipolar disorder. This isn't surprising to Dr. Jeff Volek, a registered dietitian and professor at Ohio State University.

The ketogenic diet dramatically boosts physical and mental health, Dr. Volek revealed in an exclusive Examiner interview. “It was nothing short of an epiphany when I changed to a ketogenic diet 20 years ago,” Volek told me. “I felt better, more satiated, and had more consistent energy.

More here http://www.examiner.com/article/sharon-osbourne-reveals-16-year-depression-lost-30-pounds-on-ketogenic-diet
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Sharon Osbourne talks 16 year depression: Lost 30 lbs on low-carb ketogenic diet Empty Re: Sharon Osbourne talks 16 year depression: Lost 30 lbs on low-carb ketogenic diet

Post by Jan1 Thu Nov 06 2014, 18:24

eddie1 wrote:Sharon Osbourne has been battling clinical depression for the past 16 years and takes antidepressant drugs to manage her condition. Osbourne made the revelation on her CBS show, The Talk, Nov. 3.

"Some days are better than others," said Osbourne, 62. "And some days you feel like you just want to pull the sheets over your head and just stay in that bed and not do a damn thing except rot."

Sharon is doing well these days, thanks to medication, but has struggled with health issues for years. Osbourne, who was overweight her entire life, recently lost 30 pounds in six weeks on the low carb, high-fat ketogenic Atkins diet.

Atkins chief nutritionist, Linda O’Byrne, told me in an exclusive Examiner interview Sharon does not count calories, but focuses on consuming healthy fats and keeping daily carb intake to less than 25 grams.

Low carb diets such as the Atkins, Paleo and ketogenic diets fuel rapid weight loss by forcing the body to burn fat fuel in a metabolic state called ketosis, said Dr. Eric Westman, co-author of Keto Clarity.

Research also suggests the low-carb high-fat ketogenic diet fights depression and bipolar disorder. This isn't surprising to Dr. Jeff Volek, a registered dietitian and professor at Ohio State University.

The ketogenic diet dramatically boosts physical and mental health, Dr. Volek revealed in an exclusive Examiner interview. “It was nothing short of an epiphany when I changed to a ketogenic diet 20 years ago,” Volek told me. “I felt better, more satiated, and had more consistent energy.

More here http://www.examiner.com/article/sharon-osbourne-reveals-16-year-depression-lost-30-pounds-on-ketogenic-diet

As I wasn't around yesterday ..... I've only just read this.

Interesting to see all the view points, especially of people like Westman and Volek.

As readers may know I am not diabetic but live the LCHF lifestyle - no more than 50 carbs per day.

It just doesn't make sense to eat huge quantities of sugars, starches, etc.

All the best Jan

Current date/time is Tue May 07 2024, 19:54