THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+2
mo1905
Jan1
6 posters

Unseasonal Weather !

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Unseasonal Weather ! Empty Unseasonal Weather !

Post by Jan1 Fri Oct 31 2014, 19:49

Don't you just love this British weather (and weather wherever you may live)

We have had such a warm day in my part of the UK today. The pubs were doing a great business at lunch time, with the outside tables full and the 'summer' hanging baskets just about on their last legs. In fact some pubs had taken them down.

So sorry, if you have been working indoors and not able to enjoy the un-seasonal day we've had today, only hope you get a chance to enjoy some of the sunshine over the weekend - that's if the good weather continues?

I just love talking about weather a true Brit. Whether the brolly is up, the welly boots are on ...... or in my tee shirt today enjoying the Vit D you can't beat it.

What says you? sunny

All the best Jan
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Unseasonal Weather ! Empty Re: Unseasonal Weather !

Post by mo1905 Fri Oct 31 2014, 23:45

Even managed to cut the grass today. I keep saying "that's the last cut" but keeps growing !
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Sat Nov 01 2014, 07:56

trouble is, we are being lulled into thinking it isn't so bad this winter thing, until the big freeze hits and we suffer from the lulling Smile
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Nov 01 2014, 16:35

The weather is ridiculous but sure is saving money on heating bills - so long may it continue.

Folks who may have a fireworks display to go to later this evening should be ok for good weather I think, and as many displays are now for charity that will be a good thing. Smile

Good weather for cutting grass, cleaning cars and building sheds Smile

All the best Jan
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Sat Nov 01 2014, 17:58

Take care this weekend with the strikes on ! I went to the last meeting of the season at Newmarket Races today. Like a summers day ! I had 3 winners, my Mrs had 2 winners, result ! Didn't win much as we were only laying out about £2 a bet but had a free day out ! I read on the news the other day we are in for a sharp, arctic winter. Don't they say that every year though ?
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Sat Nov 01 2014, 18:27

I do not want snow. I hate snow. It is so difficult to drive around here when it is snowy and because we are fairly high up it doesn't melt very quickly.
    Sharon

Post by Sharon Sat Nov 01 2014, 18:35

hope we dont have snow . children like it not me though .
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Sat Nov 01 2014, 18:45

mo1905 wrote:Take care this weekend with the strikes on ! I went to the last meeting of the season at Newmarket Races today. Like a summers day ! I had 3 winners, my Mrs had 2 winners, result ! Didn't win much as we were only laying out about £2 a bet but had a free day out ! I read on the news the other day we are in for a sharp, arctic winter. Don't they say that every year though ?

Cool! I haven't been to the races in years and last time I did it was for a friends 'stag do' day in 2001 and we all got a minibus down to Newbury racecourse and I got bloody lucky at the totes with an outsider at 30-1 and put a tenner on it 'On the nose' and cleaned up when it came first albeit after a stewards enquiry so after all the booze,hog roast and transport I was still in pocket and the missus was WELL happy that I came home with notes in my hand and still able to walk!! Very Happy

mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Sat Nov 01 2014, 18:55

Sharon wrote:hope we dont have snow . children like it not me though .

I like snow when it first falls and you don't HAVE to go anywhere ! It's a pain when you need to go to work etc though.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Sat Nov 01 2014, 18:58

Paul wrote:
    mo1905 wrote:Take care this weekend with the strikes on ! I went to the last meeting of the season at Newmarket Races today. Like a summers day ! I had 3 winners, my Mrs had 2 winners, result ! Didn't win much as we were only laying out about £2 a bet but had a free day out ! I read on the news the other day we are in for a sharp, arctic winter. Don't they say that every year though ?

Cool! I haven't been to the races in years and last time I did it was for a friends 'stag do' day in 2001 and we all got a minibus down to Newbury racecourse and I got bloody lucky at the totes with an outsider at 30-1 and put a tenner on it 'On the nose' and cleaned up when it came first albeit after a stewards enquiry so after all the booze,hog roast and transport I was still in pocket and the missus was WELL happy that I came home with notes in my hand and still able to walk!! Very Happy

30/1 !! Bonus ! I love the races but to be honest I'm not much of a gambler cos I hate losing lol ! I always find it amusing when you get all the so called "professional punters" studying all the form and looking into the horses breeding etc have no more winners than someone just picking a horse with a name they like ! That's my plan lol !
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Nov 01 2014, 20:59

Talking of snow and cold weather .......

Saw some lovely winter jumpers whilst out shopping, but couldn't bring myself to buy one - it's too warm at the moment. Will probably kick myself in a few weeks time when I can't see any I like.

Anyway I love snow when building snowmen with the grandchildren or with a warming cup of tea and looking out of the window whilst the snow comes down. But I detest the slush ....after the snow has gone and its melting.

No I'm not moaning but who knows what weather we will have, I don't trust these long range forecasts.

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28 2024, 13:19