THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

Priests On Acid

chris c
    chris c

Priests On Acid Empty Priests On Acid

Post by chris c Mon Oct 15 2018, 00:33

Long long ago I remember reading about a trial where they gave LSD to priests.

The trial effectively unblinded itself - the ones on placebo were saying

"Er, I think something might be happening, I'm not sure . . ."

Meanwhile the priests who got the acid were weeping, going down on their knees and crying

"I SEE GOD!!!"

I often think of that when I see "low carb" trials. In the Real World people lose scads of weight, control their diabetes and reverse all kinds of symptoms and "health markers". In so many trials there is little or no difference between the high carb and low carb arms. This makes me believe that the trials are knobbled. Both lots of priests are on different placebos.

Last edited by chris c on Mon Oct 15 2018, 00:34; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Priests On Acid Empty Re: Priests On Acid

Post by graham64 Tue Oct 16 2018, 21:54

chris c wrote:Long long ago I remember reading about a trial where they gave LSD to priests.

The trial effectively unblinded itself - the ones on placebo were saying

"Er, I think something might be happening, I'm not sure . . ."

Meanwhile the priests who got the acid were weeping, going down on their knees and crying

"I SEE GOD!!!"

I often think of that when I see "low carb" trials. In the Real World people lose scads of weight, control their diabetes and reverse all kinds of symptoms and "health markers". In so many trials there is little or no difference between the high carb and low carb arms. This makes me believe that the trials are knobbled. Both lots of priests are on different placebos.

Little or no difference between high and low carb that's probably down to the fact some define LC as 40%, I reckon Virta is the one to watch though complaints have been raised about a lack of a control arm
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Wed Oct 17 2018, 23:27

Yeah well the control arm is everyone else on a high carb diet.

You never see anything like this in trials

https://twitter.com/DoctorTro/status/982784574282436608

"He got the good pill"

Virta is good because they are extending it out over time. David Unwin and others and a few studies also show the kind of results that are commonplace in diabetes forums. But there's little interest in studying the successes, only the failures. $$$
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Thu Oct 18 2018, 22:58

chris c wrote:Yeah well the control arm is everyone else on a high carb diet.

You never see anything like this in trials

https://twitter.com/DoctorTro/status/982784574282436608

"He got the good pill"

Virta is good because they are extending it out over time. David Unwin and others and a few studies also show the kind of results that are commonplace in diabetes forums. But there's little interest in studying the successes, only the failures. $$$

Lol  Laughing dietitians should read Dr Tro's twitter feed it's them that's always going on about weight loss on low carb is down to water loss  Rolling Eyes
    Long birder

Post by Long birder Fri Oct 19 2018, 20:09

Hi,
    I can't see how doing a double blind trial is possible on Virta's brief.  The insurance companies that fund them know their improving people's health, that's the model.

People would have to sign up to the possibility that a trial could make their health worse, it would be unethical under the circumstances.
    Virta is being judged by results, please don't apply the same criteria to PHE and the Tedstone lady. She has scientific authority on her side. Smile  Wink
    D.
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Fri Oct 19 2018, 22:07

Quite! The nay-sayers will say nay because, well, that's what they do.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19 2024, 02:31