THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

2 posters

RCGP: What doctors need to know about types one and two diabetes in young people

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

RCGP: What doctors need to know about types one and two diabetes in young people Empty RCGP: What doctors need to know about types one and two diabetes in young people

Post by Jan1 Sun Sep 02 2018, 19:00

Dr Katharine Morrison, is a senior practising GP and a senior partner in a medical practice in Ayrshire. Her son was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes 10 years ago, and since then she has worked extensively with diabetics (both type 1 and type 2) to help them to achieve good blood sugar control – a vital component in good health and longevity.

You may know that she and co-writer Emma have a blog called The Diabetes Diet, her recent post 'RCGP: What doctors need to know about types one and two diabetes in young people' is definitely one for sharing ...

"The Royal College of General Practitioners have recently released an educational programme for UK doctors which they have very kindly allowed me to link to our website.

I recorded this over a year ago and I think the college held off production until their type two diabetes low carb course was also released for doctors.

This means that the RCGP joins the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists as supporters of low carbing  for both type one and two diabetes.  Surely the other clinical associations and Royal Colleges will follow in due course?

The screencast includes information on diagnosis, emergency situations, blood sugar and dietary management and contraception.

“I have also separately produced an educational screencast on Diabetes in adults (type 1), children and young people (type 1&2) for the Royal College of General Practitioners in my role as an RCGP Clinical Adviser”

http://elearning.rcgp.org.uk/mod/page/view.php?id=8368

Her blog post is here
    https://diabetesdietblog.com/2018/09/02/rcgp-what-doctors-need-to-know-about-types-one-and-two-diabetes-in-young-people/

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

RCGP: What doctors need to know about types one and two diabetes in young people Empty Re: RCGP: What doctors need to know about types one and two diabetes in young people

Post by chris c Sun Sep 02 2018, 22:20

Well that's good news! More dieticians getting their knickers in a twist no doubt, but good for the patients.

The Australians have also grudgingly accepted low carb

https://static.diabetesaustralia.com.au/s/fileassets/diabetes-australia/8b4a8a54-f6b0-4ce6-bfc2-159686db7983.pdf

I hope more information is spread about MODY and other genetic/weird forms of diabetes too.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26 2024, 16:19