THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

Study accidentally finds Chemo can make Cancer Worse!

yoly
    yoly

Study accidentally finds Chemo can make Cancer Worse! Empty Study accidentally finds Chemo can make Cancer Worse!

Post by yoly Tue May 01 2018, 13:14

Study accidentally finds Chemo can make Cancer Worse!

https://www.freddabranyon.com/blog/study-accidentally-finds-chemo-can-make-cancer-worse/

I have to report on an article that a friend sent me. The name of the article was, Whoops! Study Accidentally Finds Chemotherapy Makes Cancer Far Worse. I was intrigued to learn more so that I could confidently report the truth, so I went looking for the study itself. Sometimes studies such as this one are very hard to find unless you are one of the researchers who helped with the project. Sometimes, even though the study was actually published in a medical journal, you can not get to the real study with out paying the company a hefty fee.

Evidence Chemo Caused More Problems

The study was reported in a journal called, Nature Medicine. The studies findings were “completely unexpected,” or so they say. Why would they be doing a study such as this and using government funding or the tax payer’s money if they weren’t just a little bit curious? The researchers found evidence of significant DNA damage when examining the outcomes of chemotherapy on tissue derived from men with prostate cancer.

Ok, now, it’s going to get a little technical in the next paragraph because after all, it is a research study. I’ll try to make it as simple as I can.

Chemo Created Protein WNT 16B

It was found that a protein known as WNT16B was created from chemotherapy treatments. Researchers felt that this protein that was created by the chemotherapy treatments, increased the cancer cell survival, and is the reason that chemotherapy actually ends the patient’s life at an earlier time. OPPOSITE of what we want to happen!

Researcher Peter Nelson of the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center stated, “WNT16B, when secreted, would interact with nearby tumor cells and cause them to grow, invade, and importantly, resist subsequent therapy.”

My hat goes off to Mr. Nelson for one, reporting what was really found in the study, and two, for being brave enough to come forward with the facts. He could have been like many in today’s time and swept it under the table.

I have included a couple of links so that you may start your own research on this topic. Knowledge is power. As with anything, it is important to listen but go find out things your own way so you can feel good about your findings.

http://naturalsociety.com/deadly-cancer-drugs-make-cancer-worse-and-kill-patients-more-quickly/

http://www.cell.com/cancer-cell/abstract/S1535-6108

Hopefully one day, our government will open their eyes to the fact that there are more than one way to do medicine. Happy researching!
    yoly
    yoly

Study accidentally finds Chemo can make Cancer Worse! Empty Re: Study accidentally finds Chemo can make Cancer Worse!

Post by yoly Tue May 01 2018, 13:15

Cancer Research Institute: Chemotherapy Makes Tumors Grow

https://yournewswire.com/cancer-research-institute-chemotherapy-makes-tumors-worse/

Scientists studied chemotherapy patients with breast cancer and analysed biopsies of the cancer as they prepared for surgery. In 23% of the women scientists found a new tumor formation under the influence of chemotherapy.

Medicalxpress.com reports:

Some chromosomes or partial chromosomes doubled in these clones, and the tumor cells became more resistant. This phenomenon is called amplification, and is a negative consequence of chemotherapy—almost all of these patients developed metastases, while the remaining patients had no metastases in the five-year period of observation.

The researchers concluded that under the influence of chemotherapy, it is possible to stimulate the evolution of a resistant tumor that does not respond to the effects of chemotherapy.

“We have preliminary results indicating that chemotherapy may cause the appearance of mutations which had not been observed before in the form of amplifications of chromosomal regions. In some cases it was a reason for occurrence of hematogenous metastasis,” says Ibragimova. “We should find out the causes and methods for anticipating tumor development. Thus there is no doubt that chemotherapy shall have strictly personalized character, depending on the properties of tumor and patient.”

Most chemotherapy drugs are inherently mutagens; chemotherapy may cause genetic disorders in tumor cells. These genetic disorders may lead to illumination or change of tumor cells. Thus, we can observe the occurrence of “clones” of the tumor cells, which are able to cope with the chemotherapy. The researchers are attempting to discover in which cases the tumor may develop under effect of chemotherapy, and how such changes occur.

“That is very interesting observation,” says Ibragimova. “Now, we are extending our samples in order to check these observations. If we succeed we would create a technology allowing to predict development of tumor in a specific patient and to define whether this patient needs chemotherapy and which medicines should be prescribed.”

The results will help to personalize the treatment process for women with breast cancer. For now, chemotherapyis one of the main tumor treatment instruments for oncologists. Reporting on this topic was held at the plenary session of the 19th Russian Cancer Congress.
    chris c
    chris c

Study accidentally finds Chemo can make Cancer Worse! Empty Re: Study accidentally finds Chemo can make Cancer Worse!

Post by chris c Wed May 02 2018, 22:56

Big oops! I'm more and more impressed by the concept that cancer is actually (yet another) mitochondrial disease and rather than just poisoning or burning it maybe we should look into starving it, while rebuilding the population of healthy mitochondria and improving the immune system's ability to destroy the aberrant cells.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Thu May 03 2018, 20:02

Cancer and it's treatment is certainly in the news at the moment and for anyone who has been diagnosed with any form of cancer it is a personal decision as to best treatment. Discussions, consultations with family members, your medical team need to be made ... and yes helpful articles on Dr Google can be used to determine the best way forward. It's never easy as many can tell you ...

Here in the UK we have recently been told about 'Breast cancer screening failure may have shortened 270 lives in England'
    https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-britain-health-cancer/breast-cancer-screening-failure-may-have-shortened-270-lives-in-england-idUKKBN1I31ML

As always thanks Yoly for bringing us details about the Study which accidentally finds Chemo can make Cancer Worse!

All the best Jan
    yoly
    yoly

Post by yoly Fri May 04 2018, 11:38

Really hard decision for sure. We just have to be aware that contrary to what medicine claims very little is known about the human body and disease. There are profits in pharmaceutical treatments that have very little evidence that they work or benefit the patient in the long term. Many just prolong suffering and cause additional health problems, the only beneficiary are the doctors and pharmaceutical industries. So we have to really investigate. Doctors are not God and we have to be careful that treatment are really in our benefit.
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Fri May 04 2018, 21:45

Yes and cancer is far from a unitary condition. Some respond well to keto diets while I believe others can actually metabolise ketones.

Interesting though that over the years I knew a few people whose leukemia went into remission when they started low carbing to control their diabetes. Makes me wonder how many others that I didn't know also achieved this

I was also remembering a colleague who had surgery followed by chemo and radiation for a throat cancer (despite never being a smoker). He was doing well until the chemo knocked out his immune system and he died rapidly from pneumonia.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26 2024, 23:11