THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

2 posters

Insulin quality study worries some with diabetes

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Insulin quality study worries some with diabetes Empty Insulin quality study worries some with diabetes

Post by graham64 Fri Feb 09 2018, 23:15

TRENTON, N.J. — Preliminary research suggesting that some diabetes patients may be injecting medicine that has partially disintegrated is causing concern even as serious questions are raised about the research itself.

The study author, a pharmacist, bought vials of insulin at a number of pharmacies and found that on average the vials had less than half of what was listed on the label and none met a minimum standard.

More here:  https://www.cbsnews.com/news/insulin-quality-diabetes-study/
    chris c
    chris c

Insulin quality study worries some with diabetes Empty Re: Insulin quality study worries some with diabetes

Post by chris c Fri Feb 09 2018, 23:25

Oh good grief! As if the price gouging wasn't bad enough.
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Insulin quality study worries some with diabetes Empty Re: Insulin quality study worries some with diabetes

Post by graham64 Sun Feb 11 2018, 21:26

chris c wrote:Oh good grief! As if the price gouging wasn't bad enough.

Wonder what happened to quality control ? with something as vital as insulin there should be rigorous checks, also makes me wonder just were it was produced and have cost savings by Pharma brought about this failing
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sun Feb 11 2018, 22:09

It struck me, reading an article on this elsewhere, that the problem may lie in its transport.

Even if it is properly manufactured and correctly stored by the pharmacy, if it is sent on an unrefrigerated truck on a warm day that might be enough to kill its potency. Same if it is warehoused or stored badly. Freezing it would be even worse.

https://diabetesdietblog.com/2018/02/05/what-to-do-if-your-insulin-isnt-working-properly/

I wonder just how many other drugs might be so affected. My pharmacy recently had a panic attack because my carbimazole had reached its sell-by date. Fortunately they had a different strength they could prescribe instead. I suspect this probably wouldn't have had an effect but it just might.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26 2024, 20:28