THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

5 posters

It's Autumn 2017

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

It's Autumn 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: It's Autumn 2017

Post by Jan1 Tue Nov 14 2017, 19:26

Yes that photo was taken in the New Forest ... so beautiful at any time of year but especially Autumn.
    That tree in the photo is just great for climbing / clambering on.

I think we may have snow at, or by, the weekend brrr

Tip - soup is so enjoyable when it does get cold ...

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Fri Nov 17 2017, 23:25

The hedges are now at their most colourful, with the elms joining in with the maples, hawthorns, dogwoods etc. and the trees too, especially the oaks which are turning ginger. Some of the commons and heaths are spectacular too with the heather, bracken and birches in assorted shades of brown and gold. There's still a patch of harebells in flower, wonderful sky blue. I used to have some in the lawn at the foot of a tree I subsequently had cut down as it was outgrowing its space, and as I found out later pushing up a neighbour's patio with its roots. Also some autumn crocuses, but probably I am mowing the lawn at the wrong time as they all seem to have died out.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Nov 20 2017, 11:13

Yesterday was a glorious Autumn Day - bright blue skies and sunshine - yes a little chilly, but a day to wrap up and enjoy a walk... this sort of weather puts an extra 'zing' in each step, and that ever welcome cup of tea to be enjoyed when you get back in - you just can't beat it!

All the best Jan
    sunny
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Wed Nov 22 2017, 22:57

I was going to go for a walk after today's trip around the town shopping, only I got held up and by the time I'd done the shopping it was getting dark already. Plenty windy though, lots of leaves blowing down.

I've been overreating a bit the last few days, catching up after a few long walks. Today I had the butcher cut me half a rump steak but didn't realise until I got home how humungous it was. Oh well, it soon disappeared along with a whole bunch of PSB, a couple of thickly buttered oatcakes and some Malbec. Yesterday was sausages with ordinary broccoli, followed some hours later with a stir fry involving king prawns, multicoloured peppers and chillies, and garlic, and a small quantity of rice to soak up the delightfully flavoursome olive oil. The day before was bacon, oyster mushrooms and more peppers and chillies and garlic with ground pork and brussels sprouts. Earlier I had a fresh herring with more thickly buttered oatcakes

Am I bovvered? No not really, if I eat too much it just takes longer to get hungry again.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu Nov 23 2017, 19:30

Oh my goodness ...
    Didn't it rain last night, and the wind was blowing so hard and strong. I was really pleased I wasn't going out anywhere.

Thankfully it passed over and today we've enjoyed some lovely Autumn sunshine.

Not too sure what weather other readers may have experienced, but according to some news reports there was some flooding  Sad

Stay safe, stay warm

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Wed Nov 29 2017, 23:14

We've had a bit of everything this last week or so, not much of it good. Either bright and sunny but bitter cold with a keen wind or chucking it down with a blustery wind. My walks have been more like half a walk and then leg it back to the car. Lots of leaves down now and the oaks are spectacular especially around sunset. Earlier today there were what looked like curtains of snow hanging below the clouds and then melting into rain just before they hit the ground.

Also a lot of Apaches flying around, must be their migration season.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu Nov 30 2017, 18:09

brrr

brrr

brrr

When I went out earlier. We started off with sunshine and then it clouded over ...
    No snow yet! I think we may avoid it! I hope so ...

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sun Dec 03 2017, 23:39

We had snow the other day, but then it turned to rain and mostly got washed away.

Another day was frozen pretty much up to lunchtime. Getting hard to remember what happened on which day at the moment. Dull it isn't. Well sometimes it is, like today, but I mean not boring.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Tue Dec 05 2017, 18:35

Apparently we are in for some more cold weather.
    I've seen headlines about 'the Beast from the East' on AOL ...

Cold temperatures and snow are on the way for the North and Scotland.
    Well it is December! Should we be surprised!

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19 2024, 04:39