The Low Carb Diabetic

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

It's Autumn 2017

Jan1

Female Posts : 4271

Re: It's Autumn 2017

Post by Jan1 on Tue Nov 14 2017, 19:26

Yes that photo was taken in the New Forest ... so beautiful at any time of year but especially Autumn.
    That tree in the photo is just great for climbing / clambering on.

I think we may have snow at, or by, the weekend brrr

Tip - soup is so enjoyable when it does get cold ...

All the best Jan
    chris c

Re: It's Autumn 2017

Post by chris c on Fri Nov 17 2017, 23:25

The hedges are now at their most colourful, with the elms joining in with the maples, hawthorns, dogwoods etc. and the trees too, especially the oaks which are turning ginger. Some of the commons and heaths are spectacular too with the heather, bracken and birches in assorted shades of brown and gold. There's still a patch of harebells in flower, wonderful sky blue. I used to have some in the lawn at the foot of a tree I subsequently had cut down as it was outgrowing its space, and as I found out later pushing up a neighbour's patio with its roots. Also some autumn crocuses, but probably I am mowing the lawn at the wrong time as they all seem to have died out.

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19 2017, 04:52