THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

Winter Draws On

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Winter Draws On - Page 2 Empty Re: Winter Draws On

Post by Jan1 Thu Dec 28 2017, 19:13

Winter Draws On - Page 2 Cold%2Bday%2Bhorse

Well the sky was so blue today, but brrr brrr ... was it chilly!

We've spent some time with family these past few days, including our grandchildren and great nephews and great nieces.
    We had to laugh yesterday as the two great nephews were out in their snowy garden at 7.00am!!!
    Eddie and I enjoyed watching their fun and games from inside, with a welcome cup of tea and coffee, followed by streaky bacon and poached eggs ... this low carbing is so tough! LOL! Smile

All the best Jan
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Thu Dec 28 2017, 19:46

Jan1 wrote:
    Winter Draws On - Page 2 Cold%2Bday%2Bhorse

Well the sky was so blue today, but brrr brrr ... was it chilly!

We've spent some time with family these past few days, including our grandchildren and great nephews and great nieces.
    We had to laugh yesterday as the two great nephews were out in their snowy garden at 7.00am!!!
    Eddie and I enjoyed watching their fun and games from inside, with a welcome cup of tea and coffee, followed by streaky bacon and poached eggs ... this low carbing is so tough! LOL! Smile

All the best Jan

Some of the old timers on here have been low carb for donkeys years. Saving the NHS a small fortune in drugs and medical procedures (many grim) and what thanks do we get, especially from many BDA dietitians? Written off as mad men with one foot in the grave rofl Still, what do we know? mrgreen
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Thu Dec 28 2017, 20:58

We missed the worst of the last batch of weather, it blew half a hoolie and rained a lot, with some snow mixed in, so I mostly stayed in and ate stuff.

Hard frost this morning but it hit 4C by lunchtime and the sun was shining bright so I went to the Co-Op and then downtown to stock up. Still some frost and frozen snow in dark corners.

Look, Eddie, you just don't get it do you? We are adversely affecting the share prices of all the dieticians' favourite "foods" and the drugs. They can't let us get away with that!

https://health.usnews.com/health-news/blogs/eat-run/articles/2017-01-11/why-you-should-always-eat-carbs-at-breakfast

Now get those cornflakes down you. The morning is the best time to eat carbs because our IR is highest so we will need to maximise our drugs.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Tue Jan 02 2018, 23:19

Listen I said!!!
    Can you hear that???

Storm Eleanor has just blown  affraid

"Britain is to experience wind gusts of up to 80mph on Tuesday night, the Met Office has said, as Storm Eleanor heads for the nation's shores.

The fifth named storm of the season will bring a "very windy" spell to the UK on Tuesday night and Wednesday, forecasters said.

The Met Office has issued several national severe weather warnings due to the potential for travel disruption."

Read more here
    https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2018/01/02/forecasters-warn-of-80mph-wind-gusts-as-storm-eleanor-heads-for/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Cdl_lnk1%26pLid%3D125911062_uk

Stay Safe!

All the best Jan
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Wed Jan 03 2018, 22:02

Not ventured out for the last couple of days, yesterday it was incessant rain same today plus howling winds  Sad supposed to improve by the weekend dry but very cold and still windy  brrr
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed Jan 03 2018, 23:25

I don't blame you for not venturing out Graham, the weather has not been good at all - and it looks like we are in for more rain, guess I'll just have to put the kettle on and enjoy a cuppa

cuppa

All the best Jan
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Thu Jan 04 2018, 22:09

Jan1 wrote:I don't blame you for not venturing out Graham, the weather has not been good at all - and it looks like we are in for more rain, guess I'll just have to put the kettle on and enjoy a cuppa

cuppa

All the best Jan

I did get out today needed some shopping wasn't to bad on the way but I got drenched on the way home  rain
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Fri Jan 05 2018, 19:46

Listening to news programmes it seems worldwide the winter weather is bringing a mix ... and some of it not good.

We did get out in some dry weather earlier today - but the evenings still seem to be drawing in too soon Sad

Roll on Spring sunny

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Fri Jan 05 2018, 20:57

We were hit by that last storm, heavy rain and blustery winds all night and most of the following day. The river went over its banks and flooded the watermeadows, which is what they are there for, and by today it had gone back into its channel. This is what happens when no-one builds houses on them (yet).

Some of the roads were worse hit by the previous rains, huge puddles and some spectacular torrents from the overflowing ditches.

Like Graham I haven't been out much, except to the shops. That was close! I picked up some Halloumi in the Co-Op and realised just in the nick of time it was "Halloumi Lite". I put that abomination back and bought some of the real thing.
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Sun Jan 07 2018, 21:24

For the past couple of days a strange looking object has appeared in the sky  sunny the end of the world is nigh  bitenails
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Jan 08 2018, 19:54

graham64 wrote:For the past couple of days a strange looking object has appeared in the sky  sunny the end of the world is nigh  bitenails

Please send it further south !
    Today started very grey, and stayed grey, the electric lights were hardly off all day - quite ridiculous !

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Mon Jan 08 2018, 23:04

I went for a quick scurry over the fields. Walking towards the sun was good. Walking back into the face of the arctic blast, not so much. Not hardly any birds to be seen or heard, except for pigeons in the rape.

Ah well, I have sausages, and liver, and pheasant breasts, and sprouts, although the purple sprouting broccoli has gone from extortionate to non-existent.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Jan 13 2018, 12:05

We could certainly do with some of this sunny  sunny  sunny  sunny  if you have any to spare please send it down my way Smile

At least my/our breakfast plates looked colourful in the grey morning winter light ...

Low Carb sausages with mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and poached eggs - sure tasted good.

All the best Jan
    flower
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Jan 13 2018, 19:27

Winter Draws On - Page 2 IMG_8300%2B%25282%2529

The Atlantic breaks against the Isle.
    The Lighthouse stands tall.

It was a lovely winters day on Fair Isle recently - see more here
    https://fair-isle.blogspot.co.uk/2018/01/a-lovely-day.html

All the best Jan
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Sun Jan 14 2018, 21:13

Were in for a week of windy and very cold weather the wind chill factor to make it feel below 0 degrees daytime  brrr time to hibernate  Sad
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Tue Jan 16 2018, 16:18

The sun has got his hat off today sunny
    Yippee I couldn't believe seeing a blue sky and sunshine this morning, and it's lasted well thumb-up

Still none too warm though.

All the best Jan
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Tue Jan 16 2018, 21:49

Jan1 wrote:The sun has got his hat off today sunny
    Yippee I couldn't believe seeing a blue sky and sunshine this morning, and it's lasted well thumb-up

All the best Jan

Lucky you  mrgreen no sun here but we've had snow, hail and rain plus a bitterly cold wind  Sad
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Thu Jan 18 2018, 15:12

graham64 wrote:

All the best Jan

Lucky you  mrgreen no sun here but we've had snow, hail and rain plus a bitterly cold wind  Sad

Norvvverners never stop moaning about the weather, there's a reason it's cheap as chips up Norrfff, the weather is shite. mrgreen
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Thu Jan 18 2018, 22:23

Eddie wrote:
    graham64 wrote:

All the best Jan

Norvvverners never stop moaning about the weather, there's a reason it's cheap as chips up Norrfff, the weather is shite. mrgreen

That's a bit rich coming from a big southern softie like you, perhaps if you ventured outdoors instead of sending Jan to do all the shopping whilst you spend most of the day in bed  Sleep you might just realise how bad the weather has been  Rolling Eyes
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Fri Jan 19 2018, 23:15

That last storm was far and away the worst here. It blew down the rowan the other side of the road - fortunately it fell parallel to the road and not across it. Blew over and destroyed my bird table and a neighbour's too, but fortunately our electric stayed on throughout.

A fer more trees blown down or heavily edited around the place. One fell across the path down by the river, a good excuse to abort this afternoon's walk (although the sun was out the temperature was dire) and come home for an early dinner of Bolognese-type sauce with lashings of Halloumi and broccoli.

I'll have some more of the latest pheasant tomorrow with sprouts.

Currently it's raining indoors, a water pipe crapped out under the upstairs bathroom and I had to turn most of the water off. Now the kitchen sink drain is blocked again and trickling onto the kitchen floor. Perhaps putting off redoing the plumbing was not cost-effective after all. Now all I have to do is persuade Direct Line to refund the nearly £600 they took for a policy I never requested, and get Legal And General to disgorge some of my savings which they are reluctant to do. Never previously had a problem with them so I have threatened that unless they get their act together damn quick I will withdraw ALL my money. I probably will anyway. Damn, I wish I'd bought Bitcoins.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Jan 21 2018, 20:10

Good that your electric stayed on Chris, I think quite a few fences went down around our way, although we were ok.

Not good about your 'raining indoors' problems - hope all can be sorted quickly and not too expensively.

We awoke this morning (Sunday) to snow showers. Thankfully the roads seemed to be too wet for the snow to settle although a few cars and the grass verges did have a layer of snow on them for a short while.

It didn't affect us we enjoyed a quiet Sunday ...
    I love those sort of days Smile

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Mon Jan 22 2018, 20:50

A friend was supposed to be going to come over and fix the plumbing because he wasn't very busy. Since the last storm he has been rushed off his feet dealing with blown down fences and trees so I'm going to try another neighbour's son.

Even while I was chatting to him he had two more calls for two more jobs. It was an ill wind for some but obviously not for others.

Still I came away with another brace of pheasants so not all bad (unless the freezer craps out). I wonder what veggies will be available tomorrow.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Tue Jan 23 2018, 18:22

Chris said "I wonder what veggies will be available tomorrow."

Hope there was a good choice Chris ...

We have a Roast Chicken dinner later, with some broccoli, cauliflower and leeks - not a potato in sight!

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed Jan 24 2018, 19:16

Petrol prices seem to be increasing ...
    Vegetable prices seem to be increasing ...

The only thing coming down today was the rain rain

Oh well, at least we were fortunate not to have the full impact of Georgina!
    https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2018/01/24/high-wind-warnings-extended-as-storm-georgina-arrives/

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu Jan 25 2018, 19:50

What a difference a day can make !

Lovely sunshine and a pleasant walk enjoyed this afternoon sunny

I wonder what tomorrow may bring ?

All the best Jan

Sponsored content