THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

2 posters

Is Sugar the most common reason kids get a general anaesthetic?

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Is Sugar the most common reason kids get a general anaesthetic? Empty Is Sugar the most common reason kids get a general anaesthetic?

Post by Jan1 Sun Aug 27 2017, 14:50

Is Sugar the most common reason kids get a general anaesthetic?
    It makes you wonder ...
    Apparently it is in New Zealand, can the same be said for the UK?

This post is from New Zealand nutritionist Julianne Taylor-

"The most common reason children get a general anaesthetic in New Zealand is to pull out painful rotting teeth, costing the taxpayer $5000.00 per operation.

Back in 2012 I worked as the researcher on a programme fronted by Nigel Latta, a popular psychologist in New Zealand, as part of ‘The Hard Stuff’ series. It was on sugar and the its detrimental effects.

One of the most sobering was the sheer number of children going under anaesthetic to get their painful and decaying baby teeth out. The reason they were decayed was because they drank drinks containing sugar. Kids (and adults too) should never drink sugar. Not juice, not soft drinks, not sugary coffees or hot chocolates (occasional treat is ok).

On average New Zealanders are consuming 1.3 kg a week in pure sugar, 600 empty calories a day, 37 teaspoons. This displaces food that is nutrient rich. If there is one small thing you can do to improve your diet – ditch the sugar.

This is a slide from one of my seminars showing how easy it is to get excess sugar in one or two meals.
    Remember the WHO recommends no more than 6 teaspoons a day."

Read and see more here
    http://paleozonenutrition.com/2017/08/09/sugar-the-most-common-reason-kids-get-a-general-anesthetic-in-new-zealand/

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Is Sugar the most common reason kids get a general anaesthetic? Empty Re: Is Sugar the most common reason kids get a general anaesthetic?

Post by chris c Sun Aug 27 2017, 23:43

Scary stuff. My teeth improved a LOT from ditching the starch too. They're not doing so well currently, I suspect overenthusiastic use of the ultrasonic cleaner has rattled the teeth loose in my gums and the fillings loose in the teeth. I think I'll decline its use in future, before the current dentist hit me with the thing the only problem I'd had for about a decade was mechanical damage from nuts breaking off corners of already filled teeth.

If I'd known then what I know now I'd probably not have had nearly so many fillings - despite not being a sugar junkie like so many modern kids, I did love me my starch. My baby teeth weren't too bad but the adult ones would almost emerge with holes in. Grrrrr!

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 05:06