THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

Anchor

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Anchor - Page 2 Empty Re: Anchor

Post by graham64 Thu Sep 28 2017, 22:47

In Sainsbury's today and the price of butter has shot up  Sad President my favourite is now £2.00 and Kerrygold £1.85, plenty of cheap fake stuff available though  Rolling Eyes
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Fri Sep 29 2017, 22:35

graham64 wrote:In Sainsbury's today and the price of butter has shot up  Sad President my favourite is now £2.00 and Kerrygold £1.85, plenty of cheap fake stuff available though  Rolling Eyes

Quoting myself here Sad the same prices for butter at Asda now and even their own branded has had a hike too
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Fri Sep 29 2017, 23:45

graham64 wrote:
    Eddie wrote:
    graham64 wrote:
    Eddie wrote:One of my memories as a kid was eating real beef dripping sandwiches. Another thing I remember was using the small end of a teaspoon extracting the marrow out of the big cow backbones my Mother had stewed up. That was before the mad cow disease meant cow back bone material had to be scrapped.

I remember the beef dripping butties to, in those days vegetable oils were unheard of dripping and lard were the only cooking fats used. The chippie which was our Friday treat always used beef dripping very tasty the fish and chips were too   Cool

I have read, this young current generation, will be the first who will not outlive our generation. This is a very sad state of affairs. Call me an old fool, and you may well be right, but I believe this could be down to the fact, we were brought up as kids on real grub. Junk food was not around in our times. Mums cooked real home food. Also, we spent our time riding miles on bikes and did not spend our days sitting in front of a TV or games console. As a kid and a teenager I was almost skeletal thin, working on paper rounds and caddying until I left School. Then, straight into a factory working a long hard week, on my feet the whole time. Little did I think then, this lifestyle would benefit me many years later.

Kids live in a cotton-wool life these days. They are not free, parents have become paranoid of letting their kids wonder free. The sad fact is, most serious harm done to kids, is done by family or people they know. Also, so much bullshit and pressure out there encourages kids to grow up too fast.  

Yes it's all fast food and the latest technology for today's kids going out to play is a dwindling pastime, I do agree parents are very protective of their children these days but it is over the top in most cases

Seen recently

childhood 2017

"Mum! The WiFi is down, we can't do anything!"

childhood 1917

"Let's go and play with a stick!"

Also we seldom had snacks, and sweets were a special treat. As for Coke, and Energy Drinks . . . recently I saw a family going round Minsmere, only two to five miles depending how much ground you cover. They'd just come from the cafe and were carrying snacks and drinks. The small boy was going hyper in one of the hides. After that he was overcome with sleepiness and had to lie down on one of he benches, until he turned over and fell off onto the floor. None of them were slim.

Meanwhile I went for about ten hours between my relatively tiny breakfast and my meal, fuelled by stored energy from the previous day's meal . . .

Damn, I had read about the Butter Shortage, looks like it's now catching up.
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Sat Sep 30 2017, 23:11

chris c wrote:Damn, I had read about the Butter Shortage, looks like it's now catching up.

But there's a glut of grains though [url=http://www.reuters.com/article/us-grains-supply-special-report/special-report-drowning-in-grain-how-big-ag-sowed-seeds-of-a-profit-slashing-glut-idUSKCN1C21AR 07816915794]http://www.reuters.com/article/us-grains-supply-special-report/special-report-drowning-in-grain-how-big-ag-sowed-seeds-of-a-profit-slashing-glut-idUSKCN1C21AR 07816915794[/url]    

Not going to be a shortage of bread then, got to be good for the sales of fake spreads given the shortage and cost of butter Shocked
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sun Oct 01 2017, 23:20

Well that explains why dieticians are busy insisting that wheat is essential to life then, and why we MUST NOT give up gluten unless we are actually diagnosed with celiac.

I remember the days when farmers could only dream of a wheat yield of ten tonnes/hectare, now it's commonplace and I think the current world record is about 18 tonnes/Ha from Australia or New Zealand.

I wonder just how much impact LCHF is having since it seems to be spreading throughout so many countries at present.
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Mon Oct 02 2017, 22:09

chris c wrote:Well that explains why dieticians are busy insisting that wheat is essential to life then, and why we MUST NOT give up gluten unless we are actually diagnosed with celiac.

I remember the days when farmers could only dream of a wheat yield of ten tonnes/hectare, now it's commonplace and I think the current world record is about 18 tonnes/Ha from Australia or New Zealand.

I wonder just how much impact LCHF is having since it seems to be spreading throughout so many countries at present.

Dietitians don't like the term "superfood" they say there is no such thing, they may have a point but given they revere wholegrains as a panacea for all our ills then they are surely giving grains superfood status  popcorn
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sun Oct 08 2017, 23:43

Meat is a Real Superfood, especially liver, just look at the nutrients! Add some greens and you are golden.

Of course they are telling you to cut down and preferably give it up altogether, and get your "nutrition" from fortified grainz like what their sponsors sell.

Currently I'm mainlining Kerrygold.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Tue Oct 10 2017, 13:48

Yes, liver is brilliant very nutritious and usually very reasonably priced too.

I'm fairly well stocked up with butter at the moment, as Eddie reminds me every time he sees it in the fridge! LOL!

Can you have too much butter in the fridge?

All the best Jan
    flower
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sat Oct 14 2017, 22:03

Aha! Anchor back in the Co-Op at £1.50, though only the unsalted. Yeo Valley Organic at £3 for two so that's what I came away with.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26 2024, 12:58