THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

Some blood thinners may increase heart attack risk

yoly
    yoly

Some blood thinners may increase heart attack risk  Empty Some blood thinners may increase heart attack risk

Post by yoly Wed Mar 22 2017, 10:59

(Not some it appear all of this drugs are associated with increased risk, with the newer drugs being worst. Maybe the increased calcification that produce hard plaque that is associated with greater heart attacks than soft plaque. By the way statins also produce harder plaque. Maybe that why the small benefit vs is antiinflamatory effect)

Some blood thinners may increase heart attack risk

A new study has examined whether different blood thinning medications prescribed to prevent strokes in patients with atrial fibrillation might increase the risk of heart attacks.

In the retrospective study of 30,146 patients, investigators found a twofold increased risk in patients taking direct acting oral anticoagulants (dabigatran and rivaroxaban) compared with those taking vitamin k antagonists such as warfarin. Heart attack risk was also higher in patients taking aspirin than in those taking warfarin.

"More research should be on-going as use of direct acting oral anticoagulants increases in the population," wrote the authors of the British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology study.

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2017-03/w-sbt032017.php
    Derek
    Derek

Some blood thinners may increase heart attack risk  Empty Re: Some blood thinners may increase heart attack risk

Post by Derek Wed Mar 22 2017, 15:26

Hi Yoly, It is statins and Warfarin that are vitk antagonists and cause calcification. There is at present a study comparing rivaroxaban and warfarin re calcification.

It depends which study you look at and which dose one takes as to the novel anticoagulants side affects. I have been on them all and at present I am on Dabigatran 110mg. No choice for me. Derek
    chris c
    chris c

Some blood thinners may increase heart attack risk  Empty Re: Some blood thinners may increase heart attack risk

Post by chris c Thu Mar 23 2017, 22:54

"with the newer drugs being worst"

Isn't it always the way?
    Derek
    Derek

Post by Derek Fri Mar 24 2017, 13:50

The new aldosterone antagonist is far better than spironolactone that also blocks androgen as well and causes men to grow breasts and women to get facial hair.
    This study has not been peer reviewed as far as i can see.

Salim Yusif took part in a peer reviewed study a few years ago that seem to exonerate dabigatran.

I did not want to take the other higher dose of dabigatran that had bleeding implications, so I am on 110mgs.
    regards
    D.
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sat Mar 25 2017, 23:30

True, I'm exaggerating a bit. Like, most of the "new" diabetic drugs are not much more effective than the older ones except in generating profits.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26 2024, 16:27