THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

2 posters

Butter is Back - Here is a Butter Boutique !

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Butter is Back - Here is a Butter Boutique ! Empty Butter is Back - Here is a Butter Boutique !

Post by Jan1 Tue Jul 26 2016, 10:27

Butter has been back on the menu in our house for the past eight years ...

I saw this on Diet Doctor site and thought - how great- I'd love to visit this 'Boutique' not a dress in sight just butter, even Eddie wouldn't mind accompanying me on this shop ! LOL !

" Is this the ultimate sign that butter is back? In Malton, England, Lucy and Stephen Briden-Kenny has opened the store Butterbees that only sells one product – yes you guessed it right, butter!

Butter is Back - Here is a Butter Boutique ! ImgID72261840.jpg.gallery

Gazette & Herald: Be Buttered Up by New Shop there article is here
    http://www.gazetteherald.co.uk/news/14638147.Be_buttered_up_by_new_shop/

Fresh and locally produced butter should be a staple in every low carbers fridge. It’s healthy and keeps you satisfied for long periods of time. At Butterbees you can get delicious flavored butters like garlic and rosemary, and sweet honey for special occasions. Doesn’t it sound delicious? "

Diet Doctor article here (with some butter recipes)
    http://www.dietdoctor.com/a-butter-boutique

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Butter is Back - Here is a Butter Boutique ! Empty Re: Butter is Back - Here is a Butter Boutique !

Post by Jan1 Tue Jul 26 2016, 19:14

If any reader may be near Malton during August from the 13th onwards ... this may be worth a visit!

" Launching on Saturday, August 13, the new Made In Malton Food Tour is all about getting behind the scenes of Malton's ever increasing group of new food businesses. It’s about tasting your way around town on a private guided tour of the very best of Malton. From fresh bread, coffee tasting and making your own butter, to beer glugging, patisserie treats, fresh ravioli, gelato and more.

And these are just a few highlights from the Made In Malton Food Tour. As glorious as it is to nibble your way around "Yorkshire’s food capital" there’s more to it as well.

It is about meeting the artisan producers who make these award-winning food products, learning about what it takes to perfectly roast coffee, churn the best butter ...

More here http://www.gazetteherald.co.uk/news/14608918.Get_a_taste_of_what_Malton_has_to_offer_on_food_tour/

Don't know about you - but I enjoy visiting places like this - and there is usually lots for those who live the LCHF lifestyle  Smile

And I'm sure the butter featured in the previous post tastes great  sunny

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Butter is Back - Here is a Butter Boutique ! Empty Re: Butter is Back - Here is a Butter Boutique !

Post by chris c Wed Jul 27 2016, 23:13

I just started the Wyke Farms butter I bought a while back. Verdict - pretty good. I'm not sure it's necessarily better than the usual Anchor or Kerrygold but it's significantly cheaper and certainly no worse.

I remember once being told I had a delivery for the Puritan Armaments Factory and wondering why Puritans made weapons. Actually it was the village of PuritOn in Somerset. Not far away was a massive creamery where a lot of commercial cheese etc. was made. Don't recall Wyke Farms in those days but we used to get cheddar and scrumpy from numerous local farms.

Don't think I ever went to Malton either but it's good to know the local food movement is spreading (pun intended)
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu Jul 28 2016, 12:27

I still haven't bought any of the Wyke's butter to try ... I should do (make note to myself)

On reading further into the Butter Boutique and the village of Malton, it sounds an excellent food festival.
    We have often visited the food festivals that are held on the South Coast, and I'm sure there are many held around the UK.

Yes, it is always encouraging to see locals helping each other spreading the news about good local fresh foods ...

Now if you like a lemon and dill butter this is good

Butter is Back - Here is a Butter Boutique ! DD-99-400x267

Goes great with grilled fish, and it's Friday tomorrow

All the best Jan
    flower

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 00:14