THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

Low carb high protein low cal Beer launched

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Low carb high protein low cal Beer launched Empty Low carb high protein low cal Beer launched

Post by graham64 Sat Feb 27 2016, 23:15

Gym bunnies have probably put their beer thirst on hold while they're pursuing their six-pack - but no more, thanks to a new drink that's lager than life

Beer fans who worry about their weight can rejoice as there's now a lager that won't give you an unsightly beer belly .

The alcoholic drink contains 21.8g of protein - which is about the same as a sirloin steak.

But it's also got 3.6% ABV, meaning it's just right for a beer buzz.

Barbell Brew's got 92.4 calories and the makers are pretty convinced that it tastes as if it had the usual 100 calories plus.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/high-protein-beer-launched-might-7430544

With only 1.7 carbs a bottle it will certainly fit in with a low carb lifestyle, but comes with a price tag of £ 13 for a pack of six and that's on special offer  Crying or Very sad
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Low carb high protein low cal Beer launched Empty Re: Low carb high protein low cal Beer launched

Post by Jan1 Sun Feb 28 2016, 11:55

“Living a healthy lifestyle can be difficult, especially when you enjoy a drink with friends. But now our high-protein alternative means anyone can enjoy a beer without the guilt," says Darren Beale from Muscle Food.

Well as you say good news about the new beer, but bad news about the price ...
    But interesting that a Company has 'seen' this problem and come up with this drink!

How will sales go I wonder ...

... as 'she' goes to the kitchen for a cuppa cuppa

All the best Jan
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Low carb high protein low cal Beer launched Empty Re: Low carb high protein low cal Beer launched

Post by Eddie Sun Feb 28 2016, 12:30

graham64 wrote:
    Gym bunnies have probably put their beer thirst on hold while they're pursuing their six-pack - but no more, thanks to a new drink that's lager than life

Beer fans who worry about their weight can rejoice as there's now a lager that won't give you an unsightly beer belly .

The alcoholic drink contains 21.8g of protein - which is about the same as a sirloin steak.

Barbell Brew's got 92.4 calories and the makers are pretty convinced that it tastes as if it had the usual 100 calories plus.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/high-protein-beer-launched-might-7430544

With only 1.7 carbs a bottle it will certainly fit in with a low carb lifestyle, but comes with a price tag of £ 13 for a pack of six and that's on special offer  Crying or Very sad

It sounds expensive until you consider the following. Us low carbers have virtually done away with carbs, drinking this stuff you can do away with protein, if someone can get some phat into this beer, we can stop buying food altogether. thumb-up

Always looking at it from a different angle. mrgreen
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Sun Feb 28 2016, 13:37

Eddie wrote:
    graham64 wrote:

It sounds expensive until you consider the following. Us low carbers have virtually done away with carbs, drinking this stuff you can do away with protein, if someone can get some phat into this beer, we can stop buying food altogether. thumb-up

Now THAT is what I call blue sky thinking at it's best!! thumb-up Beer for breakfast beats ol' Sid's cornflakes and Duggies Ryvita hands down! mrgreen
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Sun Feb 28 2016, 13:47

Paul1976 wrote:
    Eddie wrote:
    graham64 wrote:

Now THAT is what I call blue sky thinking at it's best!! thumb-up  Beer for breakfast beats ol' Sid's cornflakes and Duggies Ryvita hands down! mrgreen

Just think! I can be pissed 24/7 and never get close to my limit of 50 carbs per day. Also, we only need to shop once a year. Hire a van, fill it up with a years supply and turn ya un-needed kitchen into a beer storage area. Think of the money we could save on petrol, jeez we wouldn't need a car, not that we would be in any fit state to drive it. Apart from knocking my liver out, I can't see any downside at all. It's at times like this I am glad to be a member of the betus club. Shocked
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Sun Feb 28 2016, 21:19

Paul1976 wrote:Now THAT is what I call blue sky thinking at it's best!! thumb-up  Beer for breakfast beats ol' Sid's cornflakes and Duggies Ryvita hands down!  mrgreen

I'm sure Sid would approve in moderation of course, after it is low calorie beer   beer
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Sun Feb 28 2016, 22:06

graham64 wrote:
    Paul1976 wrote:Now THAT is what I call blue sky thinking at it's best!! thumb-up  Beer for breakfast beats ol' Sid's cornflakes and Duggies Ryvita hands down!  mrgreen

I'm sure Sid would approve in moderation of course, after it is low calorie beer   beer

HaHaHaHa! Yep! mrgreen Right up his street! Even Kenny boy could squeeze the odd bottle in on his regime! Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 06:20