THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

New monitor

Derek
    Derek

New monitor Empty New monitor

Post by Derek Fri Jan 29 2016, 17:08

Hi,
    Interesting monitor being developed, hope it can monitor blood glucose without exercise?
    D.

http://www.voanews.com/content/mht-wearable-sensor-monitors-sweat-perspiration/3166471.html
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

New monitor Empty Re: New monitor

Post by Eddie Fri Jan 29 2016, 17:32

Looks interesting Derek lets hope it can be of use to diabetics. What I would like to see is insulin pumps sold at a price all insulin users who want one could afford it. I believe they could be sold at a fraction of the current prices. I'll give you and example. My Mother was deaf, when I was a kid she wore those big NHS jobs with wires. Then along came tiny behind the ear digital jobs. They were a giant step forward and my parents had to pay a fortune for them. Some years down the road, everybody could afford one and they started being issued free on the NHS.

I appreciate an insulin pump must have very high fail-safe dependability, but from an Engineering viewpoint the technology is stone age. How long will diabetics have to wait to get a fair deal. The same goes for CGM sets. For an example, I had two stents fitted, they are tiny spring type devices. If they were made for anything non medical, you would laugh If I asked you for a fiver. The actual cost, over £2000 each in the UK far more in the US.
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Fri Jan 29 2016, 20:42

Let's hope it works better than the Glucowatch and similar failures.

Yeah prices and costs are often far apart, a "brand name" bolt from an agricultural machinery/truck manufacturer may cost as many pounds as its exact equivalent costs pennies from your local hardware store. In the medical field it may be an order of magnitude worse.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11 2024, 04:29