THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

2 posters

More Bonkerism's

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

More Bonkerism's Empty More Bonkerism's

Post by graham64 Tue Jan 26 2016, 21:17

Sid wrote:Is "taking into account their personal preferences" even possible in a 10 minute consultation, not knocking doctors, just the system.

After saying hello, asking the patient how they are and what the problem is and doing any necessary preliminary tests how much time is left to individualise a treatment plan?

Its all very well saying these things but putting them into practice with the system that is in place now is just not possible imho.

Also I seem to remember that the previous NICE recommendations said something similar anyway, has anything really changed?

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/type-2-diabetes-in-adults-management-new-nice-guidelines-dec-2015.91209/

Knowing Sids usual belligerent style I should imagine the poor Doctor will be glad to usher him out post haste.

I never see my Doc for my reviews I have a 20 minute appointment that can be longer with my DSN in which my personal preferences can be discussed.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

More Bonkerism's Empty Re: More Bonkerism's

Post by Eddie Wed Jan 27 2016, 11:35

I reckon Sid sits at his computer day in and day out waiting for the good Doctor to post, it's the only thing he has in his life. Got to be the most negative individual I have ever come across. facepalm

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26 2024, 14:31