THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

Are you prepared!

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Are you prepared! Empty Are you prepared!

Post by Eddie Fri Jan 22 2016, 19:17

Are you prepared! Empty%2Bshelves

Fifty million Americans a facing a massive winter storm expected to dump more than 2ft (60cm) across the east coast and cause widespread devastation.

A state of emergency has been declared across a vast swathe of the Eastern seaboard, with individual states in near-shutdown after thousands of flights were cancelled, schools and government offices closed and sports and entertainment events called off.

Warnings are in place from Arkansas in the south to New York in the far north east, and millions of people have been stocking up on food and emergency supplies.

Link to info here.

http://travel.aol.co.uk/2016/01/22/usa-prepares-for-monster-storm/?ncid=webmail1

This could happen here at the very mention of some snow, panic buying etc. Are you prepared? We are, yeah I know smug gits. Seriously we got some tins of stuff some time ago, chicken curries, canned fish and meat and veg. OK not food as we know it, but all low carb, and gruel is better than going hungry. It does not cost much to keep a weeks supplies in if the weather turns bad, and whatever you do, keep booze supplies well stocked. thumb-up
    chris c
    chris c

Are you prepared! Empty Re: Are you prepared!

Post by chris c Sat Jan 23 2016, 23:34

Two pheasants in the freezer and one thawing in the fridge as I write. I do tend to build in some safety stocks to my shopping this time of year. I can walk to the supermarket and the local shops but doesn't help much if the trucks can't get through.

I wonder how much of this storm will be left when it crosses the Atlantic.
    Sharon

Post by Sharon Sun Jan 24 2016, 13:48

read that storm is heading for UK . more flooding maybe . it looked very bad in America .
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Sun Jan 24 2016, 14:04

I've heard it's going to manifest itself as extremely heavy rain when it reaches here...Oh great!! No
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Mon Jan 25 2016, 23:36

Don't worry, it will wash away some of the floods . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 07:51