THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

Meet one of my Guru's Zoe Harcombe

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Meet one of my Guru's Zoe Harcombe  Empty Meet one of my Guru's Zoe Harcombe

Post by Eddie Sat Sep 06 2014, 15:38

Zoe destroys the so called eat well plate, which is a standard tool for many UK dietitians.

Regards Eddie
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Meet one of my Guru's Zoe Harcombe  Empty Re: Meet one of my Guru's Zoe Harcombe

Post by Jan1 Sun Sep 07 2014, 13:28

For the last few years I've regularly dropped in on Zoe's blog and read some very good and interesting articles. A little while ago she wrote .......

"My goal in life is to reverse the obesity epidemic. I joke that I’ll try world peace afterwards, but I’m deadly serious about the first goal. In the UK, obesity has increased ten fold since the 1970′s. Clearly it cannot increase ten fold again or 250% of us will be overweight. However, the prediction of the Foresight report is that 90% of today’s children will be overweight or obese by 2050. We cannot allow this to happen.”

That says it all, children are our future, we owe it to them to turn this obesity epidemic around. If you haven't watched the video it's well worth taking five minutes of your time.

But what are your views on sugars, starches, carbohydrates ?
    Is there anything we as individuals can do ?

All the best Jan
    horfilmania
    horfilmania

Female Posts : 68

Meet one of my Guru's Zoe Harcombe  Empty Re: Meet one of my Guru's Zoe Harcombe

Post by horfilmania Sun Sep 07 2014, 18:23

Jan, I'm familiar with Zoe's work and respect her for all her efforts which are falling on deaf ears unfortunately. Yet she continues.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26 2024, 20:52