The Low Carb Diabetic

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.


Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

    DCUK-Phoenix spills the beans!!

    Share
    avatar
    Paul1976
    Moderator

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 2433
    Join date : 2014-08-12
    Age : 41
    Location : East midlands,UK

    DCUK-Phoenix spills the beans!!

    Post by Paul1976 on Tue Sep 15 2015, 16:09

    My bold and italics...

    Phoenix wrote: If they are the ones I think they are, by memory they weighed upwards of 80g. Most normal refined flour bread is around 50% carbohydrate . Those particular rolls look like heavy seeded bread but actually the seeds are on the top, not inside and it's obviously finely ground flour so It's relatively fluffy bread, style over substance . I suspect if the GI were measured it would be quite high.
    I'm not into low carbing but I've bought them from the local co-op to my fathers when I haven't been able to get anything else.I don't eat a whole one and I bolus accordingly.


    Phoenix not into low carbing? freakout Who knew????? jimlad jimlad


    http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/co-op-rolls.84182#post-947210
    avatar
    Eddie
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 3756
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Age : 67
    Location : London

    Re: DCUK-Phoenix spills the beans!!

    Post by Eddie on Tue Sep 15 2015, 17:30

    You young Scallywag rofl haven't I had enough wind up at this place over the last few days. affraid


    _________________
    Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !
    avatar
    graham64
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 2994
    Join date : 2014-08-10
    Location : Lancs

    Re: DCUK-Phoenix spills the beans!!

    Post by graham64 on Tue Sep 15 2015, 22:38

    Paul1976 wrote:My bold and italics...

    Phoenix wrote:   If they are the ones I think they are, by memory they weighed upwards of 80g. Most normal refined flour bread is around 50% carbohydrate . Those particular rolls look like heavy seeded bread but actually the seeds are on the top, not inside and it's obviously finely ground flour so It's relatively fluffy bread, style over substance . I suspect if the GI were measured it would be quite high.
    I'm not into low carbing but I've bought them from the local co-op to my fathers when I haven't been able to get anything else.I don't eat a whole one and I bolus accordingly.    


    Phoenix not into low carbing?  freakout  Who knew?????  jimlad  jimlad


    http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/co-op-rolls.84182#post-947210

    But given her penchant for posting links to low carb studies of >40% carbs she could be low carber  Shocked


    _________________
    I'm a skinny T2 diagnosed 4/4/2008, a high calorie LCHF diet and one metformin a day A1c 6.2 and no complications.

    Proving the LowCarb sceptics wrong for over nine years,

    Not all cherubs are Angels  Wink nor all diabetics Bonkers  Rolling Eyes
    avatar
    Eddie
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 3756
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Age : 67
    Location : London

    Re: DCUK-Phoenix spills the beans!!

    Post by Eddie on Wed Sep 16 2015, 06:16

    It is beyond me why Phoenix has worked so hard to bring others down. She must know most diabetics will never get good control with the 45% carb diet she pushes. She has read the countless low carb good news stories, but spreads fear and alarm at every opportunity. Most low carb antis are as thick as a plank, but not Phoenix she is very bright and well educated, and has all the advantages, insulin, a pump, test strips and top medics, while many she confuses can't even get a test strip on prescription or afford to buy their own. Clearly a very bitter woman, life must has dealt her some very bad hands. What she has done over the years is unforgivable, how many has she talked out of the only way they were ever going to get control of their diabetes.


    _________________
    Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !
    avatar
    Baruney
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 167
    Join date : 2015-08-28
    Age : 47
    Location : Saga Central

    Re: DCUK-Phoenix spills the beans!!

    Post by Baruney on Wed Sep 16 2015, 08:02

    Eddie wrote:It is beyond me why Phoenix has worked so hard to bring others down. She must know most diabetics will never get good control with the 45% carb diet she pushes. She has read the countless low carb good news stories, but spreads fear and alarm at every opportunity. Most low carb antis are as thick as a plank, but not Phoenix she is very bright and well educated, and has all the advantages, insulin, a pump, test strips and top medics, while many she confuses can't even get a test strip on prescription or afford to buy their own. Clearly a very bitter woman, life must has dealt her some very bad hands. What she has done over the years is unforgivable, how many has she talked out of the only way they were ever going to get control of their diabetes.

    Hola @eddie

    Who knows eddie? Maybe ask her it will probably be easier in the long run.

    You're lucky. You get it and have done do for some considerable time but not everybody is in the same boat. Yes the message has still to get out there in the mainstream and its probably more effective to go for the mainstream than one particular individual no matter how satisfying that may be in the short or long run.

    I don't know enough about pheonix or your good self to weigh in with an opinion but from what I have seen you are both passionate, knowledgeable and committed to the point of conviction about carbs, for want of a more eloquent summary.

    When's the shift going to happen then? The trashing of pheonix? The educating of the nhs? When Starbucks and the like make more profit selling coffee from selling a £10 cup of coffee with a bit of butter and coco oil in it than coffee and a Danish.

    Latter probably.

    Cheers.

    Baruney


    avatar
    Eddie
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 3756
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Age : 67
    Location : London

    Re: DCUK-Phoenix spills the beans!!

    Post by Eddie on Wed Sep 16 2015, 15:23

    Baruney wrote:
    Eddie wrote:It is beyond me why Phoenix has worked so hard to bring others down. She must know most diabetics will never get good control with the 45% carb diet she pushes. She has read the countless low carb good news stories, but spreads fear and alarm at every opportunity. Most low carb antis are as thick as a plank, but not Phoenix she is very bright and well educated, and has all the advantages, insulin, a pump, test strips and top medics, while many she confuses can't even get a test strip on prescription or afford to buy their own. Clearly a very bitter woman, life must has dealt her some very bad hands. What she has done over the years is unforgivable, how many has she talked out of the only way they were ever going to get control of their diabetes.

    Hola @eddie

    Who knows eddie? Maybe ask her it will probably be easier in the long run.

    You're luc and have done do for some considerable time but not everybody is in the same boat. Yes the message has still to get out there in the mainstream and its probably more effective to go for the mainstream than one particular individual no matter how satisfying that may be in the short or long run.ky. You get it

    I don't know enough about pheonix or your good self to weigh in with an opinion but from what I have seen you are both passionate, knowledgeable and committed to the point of conviction about carbs, for want of a more eloquent summary.

    When's the shift going to happen then? The trashing of pheonix? The educating of the nhs? When Starbucks and the like make more profit selling coffee from selling a £10 cup of coffee with a bit of butter and coco oil in it than coffee and a Danish.

    Latter probably.

    Cheers.

    Baruney



    "Who knows eddie? Maybe ask her it will probably be easier in the long run."

    She knows exactly how I feel about her, and the small cabal that have been responsible for countless low carbers being banned from the flog.

    "You're luc and have done do for some considerable time but not everybody is in the same boat. Yes the message has still to get out there in the mainstream and its probably more effective to go for the mainstream than one particular individual no matter how satisfying that may be in the short or long run.ky. You get it"

    The message is out there big time and gets stronger everyday. "its probably more effective to go for the mainstream than one particular individual"  For over seven years I have gone after the NHS, Diabetes UK, The British Dietetic Association, and the corrupt forum of flog. Two legal actions lasting months, two threats of legal action and two contacts from the police. No, I only go after around a dozen individuals because I have proved some are liars, others totally corrupt and dishonest or spreaders of fear and misinformation.

    "I don't know enough about pheonix or your good self to weigh in with an opinion but from what I have seen you are both passionate, knowledgeable and committed to the point of conviction about carbs, for want of a more eloquent summary."

    What you think of Phoenix is of course your business. "Me, you need people like me, then you can point your f**king fingers and say, there goes the bad guy, so say hello to the bad guy" Sorry mate I couldn't resist the Tony Montana quote.

    I have done a bit to help others. Over twenty thousand posts on forums and blogs, thousands of tweets, millions of page views on blogs I have started. A website set up over seven years ago that has helped a lot of people and set this place up with Mo, Paul and Graham. Now I have recently retired I intend to get my finger out, and put a bit more effort in. BTW I am proud to admit I the UK's most banned man from forums. Evidently my bedside manner sucks and I am far too aggressive, but rightly or wrongly, I don't lose sleep worrying about winning the popularity contest. Flagrant self aggrandisement campaign over. I am very lucky, I work with a fantastic team and try never to forget, I am merely a messenger of the true superstar diabetics I know and the Medical Professionals who advise me and allow me to use their work.

    I eat, drink, sleep and breath the promotion of the low carb message (nothing else works) diabetes sent members of my family to an early painful grave, I have a type two diabetic son and a type two sister, four generations of type two diabetics in my family. My mission is stop diabetes in my family with our grand children's generation. Seven years ago I helped a Woman who was in a bad way to reverse her type two diabetes, she thanked me for saving her life. Of course I cannot save anyone life, but never a day goes by I do not think of that Women. I am a man on a mission, I was always the rebel, the rebel without a cause, what a funny old world eh, I had to become a diabetic to find it.

    I don't know if you have seen our sites there maybe a recipe of something of interest for you. Chuffed you are on board here and great to see you posting regularly. BTW if you have any suggestions, or anyone reading this has any suggestions, please keep them to yourselves, OK that was banter let's hear peoples ideas.


    The low carb diabetic website. Primarily for type two diabetics newly diagnosed or long term non insulin users looking to gain better control of blood glucose numbers.
    http://www.lowcarbdiabetic.co.uk/index.htm

    Our main blog a magazine type format for diabetes news, great recipes, and taking on the great unwashed.
    http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.co.uk/

    A less controversial blog for all aspects of diabetes and the low carb lifestyle.
    http://lowcarbdiabetic.wordpress.com/

    A very basic guide to get you started on a low carb lifestyle.
    All recipes easy to make with no specialist skills or equipment needed.
    http://www.lowcarbdietsandrecipes.blogspot.co.uk/

    Follow the low carb diabetic on twitter here.
    https://twitter.com/lowcarbdiabetic


    _________________
    Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !
    avatar
    Baruney
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 167
    Join date : 2015-08-28
    Age : 47
    Location : Saga Central

    Re: DCUK-Phoenix spills the beans!!

    Post by Baruney on Wed Sep 16 2015, 17:15

    Cool @Eddie will have a look around the website and have only recently started using Twitter - not fully up and running on that yet but will get there in the end.

    I bow to your bannedness as my wrap sheet only includes a temp ban from the flog and a booting out of my first d.org. uk for taking the mick out of the esteemed guest speaker - an expert diabetes dietician (she wasn't Ed - she was an nhs dietician). We've all got to start somewhere I suppose.

    So is it fair to say then that with retirement you've only just started! The last 7 years were just a warn up? Jees - what is the correct name for a phoenix that doesn't rise from the flames?

    Sorry to hear about the circumstances that lead to your mission and I am sure that you will succeed.

    Just checking your last para - are you open to suggestions or has that department closed for the evening?

    avatar
    Eddie
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 3756
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Age : 67
    Location : London

    Re: DCUK-Phoenix spills the beans!!

    Post by Eddie on Wed Sep 16 2015, 19:05

    Baruney wrote:Cool @Eddie will have a look around the website and have only recently started using Twitter - not fully up and running on that yet but will get there in the end.

    I bow to your bannedness as my wrap sheet only includes a temp ban from the flog and a booting out of my first d.org. uk for taking the mick out of the esteemed guest speaker - an expert diabetes dietician (she wasn't Ed - she was an nhs dietician). We've all got to start somewhere I suppose.

    So is it fair to say then that with retirement you've only just started! The last 7 years were just a warn up? Jees - what is the correct name for a phoenix that doesn't rise from the flames?

    Sorry to hear about the circumstances that lead to your mission and I am sure that you will succeed.

    Just checking your last para - are you open to suggestions or has that department closed for the evening?


    This is the members forum, fire away, we listen to the members here. No members, no forum.


    _________________
    Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !
    avatar
    Baruney
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 167
    Join date : 2015-08-28
    Age : 47
    Location : Saga Central

    Re: DCUK-Phoenix spills the beans!!

    Post by Baruney on Wed Sep 16 2015, 19:28

    Eddie wrote:
    Baruney wrote:Cool @Eddie will have a look around the website and have only recently started using Twitter - not fully up and running on that yet but will get there in the end.

    I bow to your bannedness as my wrap sheet only includes a temp ban from the flog and a booting out of my first d.org. uk for taking the mick out of the esteemed guest speaker - an expert diabetes dietician (she wasn't Ed - she was an nhs dietician). We've all got to start somewhere I suppose.

    So is it fair to say then that with retirement you've only just started! The last 7 years were just a warn up? Jees - what is the correct name for a phoenix that doesn't rise from the flames?

    Sorry to hear about the circumstances that lead to your mission and I am sure that you will succeed.

    Just checking your last para - are you open to suggestions or has that department closed for the evening?


    This is the members forum, fire away, we listen to the members here. No members, no forum.

    You might regret saying that when @nomistheman is back in the groove - god he can rabbit on.
    avatar
    Eddie
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 3756
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Age : 67
    Location : London

    Re: DCUK-Phoenix spills the beans!!

    Post by Eddie on Wed Sep 16 2015, 19:32

    Baruney wrote:
    Eddie wrote:
    Baruney wrote:Cool @Eddie will have a look around the website and have only recently started using Twitter - not fully up and running on that yet but will get there in the end.

    I bow to your bannedness as my wrap sheet only includes a temp ban from the flog and a booting out of my first d.org. uk for taking the mick out of the esteemed guest speaker - an expert diabetes dietician (she wasn't Ed - she was an nhs dietician). We've all got to start somewhere I suppose.

    So is it fair to say then that with retirement you've only just started! The last 7 years were just a warn up? Jees - what is the correct name for a phoenix that doesn't rise from the flames?

    Sorry to hear about the circumstances that lead to your mission and I am sure that you will succeed.

    Just checking your last para - are you open to suggestions or has that department closed for the evening?


    This is the members forum, fire away, we listen to the members here. No members, no forum.

    You might regret saying that when @nomistheman is back in the groove - god he can rabbit on.

    Not more than me surely rofl


    _________________
    Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !
    avatar
    Baruney
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 167
    Join date : 2015-08-28
    Age : 47
    Location : Saga Central

    Re: DCUK-Phoenix spills the beans!!

    Post by Baruney on Wed Sep 16 2015, 19:35

    It's going to be close.
    avatar
    Eddie
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 3756
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Age : 67
    Location : London

    Re: DCUK-Phoenix spills the beans!!

    Post by Eddie on Wed Sep 16 2015, 19:37

    Bring it on, I need a break. run


    _________________
    Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !

      Current date/time is Tue Sep 26 2017, 20:49