THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+3
zand
Eddie
Baruney
7 posters

Lazy journalism

Baruney
    Baruney

Male Posts : 167

Lazy journalism Empty Lazy journalism

Post by Baruney Sat Sep 05 2015, 23:19

Evening troops

Been a more than full on August work wise so haven't posted much anywhere,  well that and gaining my asbo badge of honour from the flog, and getting to grips with the variances of this forum means I've been pretty quite.

Anyhow to cut a long story short wrote an extremely witty post all about media who res including your four it's sid and Katie but it disappearEd when I put an attachment to the thread.

Or 2 cut it even shorter Janice Turner of the times - teat or lazy journalism?

If someone can lat me know which icon on a mobile is the attach file things will become a lot clearer.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Lazy journalism Empty Re: Lazy journalism

Post by Eddie Sun Sep 06 2015, 01:03

Baruney wrote:Evening troops

Been a more than full on August work wise so haven't posted much anywhere,  well that and gaining my asbo badge of honour from the flog, and getting to grips with the variances of this forum means I've been pretty quite.

Anyhow to cut a long story short wrote an extremely witty post all about media who res including your four it's sid and Katie but it disappearEd when I put an attachment to the thread.

Or 2 cut it even shorter Janice Turner of the times - teat or lazy journalism?

If someone can lat me know which icon on a mobile is the attach file things will become a lot clearer.

Can anyone help Baruney out with his query out, Paul what say you, I never log in with a mobile so I don't know.
    Baruney
    Baruney

Post by Baruney Sun Sep 06 2015, 07:29

Thanks Eddie - Nope not even working from the PC. Host an image will find the correct file but when you go to upload nothing happens so not sure what I'm doing wrong?
    Baruney
    Baruney

Post by Baruney Sun Sep 06 2015, 08:06

Anyhow I'm up now so might as well post something.

Charities are big business. But setting aside the wider debate for now and putting in a shameless plug for my next challenge I've decided to out myself as an idiot as I will be outing Janice later (due to technical difficulties) and I'm a firm believer of that do onto others........etc etc saying. Oh and I'm not really sure about the whole avatar/real name etiquette malarkey so apologise if stepping on anyones toes.

Or to cut a long story short to qualify for the event you have to have raised half the money well in advance and I'm only £70 in. So if you have a spare £5 down the back of your sofa there are worse things to spend it on than this...

https://www.justgiving.com/Edward-Barnes2/
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Sun Sep 06 2015, 08:27

lol How far??? Get the blister plasters in ready, my hubby's feet were red raw after a 50 mile walk.

You must be crazy even thinking of this, but yep it's a great challenge and for a cause that's really close to my heart so of course I'll sponsor you. Give me a couple of days to find my wallet though.

If I haven't done so by Sept 24th remind me (that's the date when I tell myself I will have done those things I have promised to do when I feel better)
    Baruney
    Baruney

Post by Baruney Sun Sep 06 2015, 08:41

Cheers @zand and you will pleased to know that I can't seem to upload pic cues at the mo as I took a pic of my prune like feet after the 53 miler run/walk I did this bank holiday in Kent. 20 hours in wet trainers after the thunderstorms does not do for a good look. Congratulations to Mr zand. Good effort.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Sun Sep 06 2015, 10:48

Baruney wrote:Thanks Eddie - Nope not even working from the PC. Host an image will find the correct file but when you go to upload nothing happens so not sure what I'm doing wrong?

Go to 'Host image',find the file you want,instead of hitting the 'upload' tab,select the image URL link,right click it,copy it and then go to 'Insert an image' and paste the link into the image URL field and click on the 'insert' tab and that 'Should' do it on a PC.
    Baruney
    Baruney

Post by Baruney Sun Sep 06 2015, 11:22

Cheers didn't realise it was that easy. Any workarounds for mobiles.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sun Sep 06 2015, 11:26

Baruney wrote:Cheers didn't realise it was that easy. Any workarounds for mobiles.

Hi! I'm {ashamed} to say that I don't know much about navigating this site on a mobile because I don't actually own a smartphone and always use 'Old Betsy' my faithful old laptop for everything,although I can look into this for you and maybe some of the other members who browse via a smartphone or tablet might have some good advice in the meanwhile.
    Baruney
    Baruney

Post by Baruney Sun Sep 06 2015, 11:37

Cheers will have a play later.Lazy journalism Img_2010
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Sun Sep 06 2015, 12:08

Baruney wrote:Anyhow I'm up now so might as well post something.

Charities are big business. But setting aside the wider debate for now and putting in a shameless plug for my next challenge I've decided to out myself as an idiot as I will be outing Janice later (due to technical difficulties) and I'm a firm believer of that do onto others........etc etc saying. Oh and I'm not really sure about the whole avatar/real name etiquette malarkey so apologise if stepping on anyones toes.

Or to cut a long story short to qualify for the event you have to have raised half the money well in advance and I'm only £70 in. So if you have a spare £5 down the back of your sofa there are worse things to spend it on than this...

No names no pack drill, but I have heard Baruney makes a habit of this. He joins up on countless forums, bags the swag, and buggers off. rofl
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Sun Sep 06 2015, 21:29

Done, I expect a full report after the event  Very Happy

If you don't complete the course do I get a refund  Question
    Baruney
    Baruney

Post by Baruney Sun Sep 06 2015, 22:38

Graham, many thanks for your donation Graham though not in the contract Nye's your money is refundable. Its 66 miles in may and part of the training was 53 miles the other day. Won't pretend it was a walk in the park and managed to get in to the lastb3 checkpoints and cutoffs with minutes to spare.

Will refundbifbi don't do it!

Baruney
    https://i.servimg.com/u/f21/19/31/08/17/img_2013.jpg
    Baruney
    Baruney

Post by Baruney Sun Sep 06 2015, 22:39

Double workaround to get that posted re original post.
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Sun Sep 06 2015, 23:23

Baruney wrote:Graham, many thanks for your donation Graham though not in the contract Nye's your money is refundable. Its 66 miles in may and part of the training was 53 miles the other day. Won't pretend it was a walk in the park and managed to get in to the lastb3 checkpoints and cutoffs with minutes to spare.

Will refundbifbi don't do it!

Baruney
    https://i.servimg.com/u/f21/19/31/08/17/img_2013.jpg

I'm doing a sponsored pup crawl soon  Laughing  no charities involved though just an observational study on the effects of alcohol on diabetics blood sugars   drunken

All donations gratefully received  thumb-up
    Baruney
    Baruney

Post by Baruney Mon Sep 07 2015, 01:06

Got all the data on that already but happy to sponsor. Hey, happy to put my body up for 5 he name of science.

Let's do a pub crawl with say one on wine, one one lager, one on ale, one spirits with lchf drinks, one with high sugar drinks, one on water and one on say orange juice. Perhaps get a sponsor like bmj or Catherines paymasters involved. Day blood tests every half hour.

I'm taking the red wine slot. Not jokimg. When we doing this?
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Mon Sep 07 2015, 07:23

Can I have the spirits one please? But I'd prefer it to be without the lchf drinks. drunken
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Mon Sep 07 2015, 10:10

Done Smile
    Baruney
    Baruney

Post by Baruney Mon Sep 07 2015, 10:15

Indeed @zand. Many thanks for your kind donation and if one of those guys you see in the street is called a charity mugger or chugger and you have been chugged in a forum which makes me a chugger fugger!
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Mon Sep 07 2015, 10:24

Baruney wrote:Indeed @zand. Many thanks for your kind donation and if one of those guys you see in the street is called a charity mugger or chugger and you have been chugged in a forum which makes me a chugger fugger!

lol well chugger fuggers are OK, but I'm not keen on muggers, chuggers or mugger fuggers. Smile
    Baruney
    Baruney

Post by Baruney Mon Sep 07 2015, 10:42

Not keen on chuggers myself! It's a badly implemented strategy by an overpaid marketing exec on the charity gravy train.
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Mon Sep 07 2015, 10:57

What really annoys me about chuggers is they are so insistent.  I would probably happily put a quid in a bucket for most causes, but I object to being stopped in the street and asked to give my bank details.  I also object to charity phonecalls and even if it's a good cause I give them 3 strikes and if they call a 4th time I stop giving to them.  One charity which I was already giving a monthly donation to kept phoning to ask for more.  

Now, being asked to donate on a forum or by post is OK by me.  I can consider the request at my leisure and don't feel forced into giving.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Mon Sep 07 2015, 11:27

A few months back I had just bought a few items in Waitrose and was on my way out. There was an elderly lady stood outside with her shiny bucket. I got some change out for her and gestured to put it in but she gave me a cold stare and told me she'd just bought the bucket from Wilkinson's across the street and was just waiting for someone ! Oops !
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Mon Sep 07 2015, 11:30

rofl
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Mon Sep 07 2015, 13:03

mo1905 wrote:A few months back I had just bought a few items in Waitrose and was on my way out. There was an elderly lady stood outside with her shiny bucket. I got some change out for her and gestured to put it in but she gave me a cold stare and told me she'd just bought the bucket from Wilkinson's across the street and was just waiting for someone ! Oops !

HaHaHaHa!! That's quality mate!! lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 06:05