THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

The low carb high fat food pyramid for safe diabetes control

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

The low carb high fat food pyramid for safe diabetes control  Empty The low carb high fat food pyramid for safe diabetes control

Post by Eddie Sun Aug 31 2014, 09:49

The low carb high fat food pyramid for safe diabetes control  Proxy?url=http%3A%2F%2F4.bp.blogspot.com%2F-fIWkDi26wlY%2FVALVMfaPD9I%2FAAAAAAAAH8M%2FXFlBzZSGDPU%2Fs1600%2Fhigh%252Bfat%252Blow%252Bcarb

When I first looked at this food pyramid I thought it looked light in vegetables, but in terms of calories it's probably about right. Most vegetables are low calorie and fats are high calorie.

Fat has more than twice as many calories per gram as carbohydrates and proteins. A gram of fat has about 9 calories, while a gram of carbohydrate or protein has about 4 calories. In other words, you could eat twice as much carbohydrates or proteins as fat for the same amount of calories.

For us diabetics with good control we need to stick to the same amount of carbs per meal or day to maintain that control. I call this the magic number, when you have found your magic number, stick to it. I have seen people sometimes years into being a diabetic, meddling with the magic number and reporting double numbers on their BG meters. Why they do this is beyond my understanding, when you find something that works stick with it, if it ain't broke don't try to fix it !

Regards Eddie
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

The low carb high fat food pyramid for safe diabetes control  Empty Re: The low carb high fat food pyramid for safe diabetes control

Post by Jan1 Mon Jan 12 2015, 22:25

eddie1 wrote:
    The low carb high fat food pyramid for safe diabetes control  Proxy?url=http%3A%2F%2F4.bp.blogspot.com%2F-fIWkDi26wlY%2FVALVMfaPD9I%2FAAAAAAAAH8M%2FXFlBzZSGDPU%2Fs1600%2Fhigh%252Bfat%252Blow%252Bcarb

When I first looked at this food pyramid I thought it looked light in vegetables, but in terms of calories it's probably about right. Most vegetables are low calorie and fats are high calorie.

Fat has more than twice as many calories per gram as carbohydrates and proteins. A gram of fat has about 9 calories, while a gram of carbohydrate or protein has about 4 calories. In other words, you could eat twice as much carbohydrates or proteins as fat for the same amount of calories.

For us diabetics with good control we need to stick to the same amount of carbs per meal or day to maintain that control. I call this the magic number, when you have found your magic number, stick to it. I have seen people sometimes years into being a diabetic, meddling with the magic number and reporting double numbers on their BG meters. Why they do this is beyond my understanding, when you find something that works stick with it, if it ain't broke don't try to fix it !

Regards Eddie

I often look back ..... by looking back you can see how far you've come !

The LCHF success stories and good news over the past few years has gone from strength to strength !

Did you know a triangle contains 180° - the three anterior angles always add to 180°

The foods shown within the food pyramid above contain great foods that are the basis of the good fats in a LCHF lifestyle.

Does it make good sense to you  Question

All the best Jan
    horfilmania
    horfilmania

Female Posts : 68

The low carb high fat food pyramid for safe diabetes control  Empty Re: The low carb high fat food pyramid for safe diabetes control

Post by horfilmania Tue Jan 13 2015, 03:59

This is definitely the way everyone should eat, not just diabetics.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13 2024, 01:24