THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

2 posters

Zero Carb Interview: Ultra-Marathoner Ana Teixeira

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Zero Carb Interview: Ultra-Marathoner Ana Teixeira Empty Zero Carb Interview: Ultra-Marathoner Ana Teixeira

Post by graham64 Wed May 27 2015, 22:13

1. How long have you been eating a Zero Carb (No Plant Foods) diet?
    I have been eating a Zero Carb – No Plant Foods – diet for 5 years now.

2. What motivated you to try this way of eating? Weight? Health?
    My motivation was for both health and endurance. I am an Ultra-marathoner, and I wanted to improve my performance, and a Zero Carb diet is the best way I have found to achieve this. I run 4 ultras a year. Two of them are 100 km and the other two are 215 km each. My personal best time for the 100 km is 9 hours and 30 minutes.

3. How long did it take you to adapt to a Zero Carb diet, both physically and psychologically?
    I took several months for me to transition to a fully adapted state. I started eating a low carbohydrate diet 3 years earlier (which included fruits, vegetables, eggs, and dairy products), but it did not give me the results I was seeking. I wanted more independence and freedom from food. I wanted to be able to go for hours without eating. I was still hungry too often on just a Low Carb diet. It takes mental strength to make the transition to Zero Carb, but with determination and discipline everyone can do it. And the benefits are awesome.

5. Do you eat only meat, or do you include eggs, cheese, and cream in your diet?
    I eat only meat. I consume mostly beef and pork, choosing the fattiest cuts, but I also like chicken wings. The meat and fat from pork head is one of my favorites, but I do not eating brain. I do not eat turkey or duck or rabbit meat because I find it to be too lean. I need lots of fat to fuel my body and provide the energy necessary for my long runs. I enjoy bacon, too, but it is difficult to find it without sugar.

6. What percentage of your diet is beef verses other types of meats?
    About 50% of my diet is fresh beef, and the others 50% is pork and chicken wings.

7. When you eat beef, do you cook it rare, medium, or well done?
    I prefer my meat cooked medium.

8. Do you add extra fat to your meat? (i.e. butter, lard, tallow)
    If I feel I need extra fat, I will add ghee (lactose-free butter) which is easy to find where I live.

9. Do you limit your meat consumption or do you eat until satisfied?
    I do not limit the quantity of meat I eat. I eat until I feel my needs have been fulfilled. I eat two meals a day. I have my first meal about mid-day after my morning run, and my second meal in the evening. That’s enough for me.

Zero Carb Interview: Ultra-Marathoner Ana Teixeira Corrida-peregrina-4

More on this interview here: http://zerocarbzen.com/2015/03/27/zero-carb-interview-ultra-marathoner-ana-teixeira/
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Zero Carb Interview: Ultra-Marathoner Ana Teixeira Empty Re: Zero Carb Interview: Ultra-Marathoner Ana Teixeira

Post by zand Thu May 28 2015, 09:31

Well that diet wouldn't suit me because I just love my veggies! I'm surprised she doesn't vary her diet a bit and eat the leaner meats (turkey and rabbit) alongside some added animal fats. It does show that we can function perfectly well (better even!) without using carbs for energy though doesn't it?
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Zero Carb Interview: Ultra-Marathoner Ana Teixeira Empty Re: Zero Carb Interview: Ultra-Marathoner Ana Teixeira

Post by graham64 Thu May 28 2015, 22:20

Don't think I could manage a meat only diet, but it does go to show despite the claims we need 130g of carbs daily to function is a myth, there is no dietary requirements for carbs is the truth.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26 2024, 09:56