THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

Coca-Cola's "Together We Move" Promotes The Nutritionally Indefensible

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Coca-Cola's "Together We Move" Promotes The Nutritionally Indefensible Empty Coca-Cola's "Together We Move" Promotes The Nutritionally Indefensible

Post by graham64 Thu May 21 2015, 22:38

Coca-Cola's "Together We Move" Promotes The Nutritionally Indefensible Download
    So what do you do if you're a company whose flagship product packs a massive caloric punch while providing virtually nothing redeeming in the way of nutrition and the world has started yelling about your company's product's role in rising rates of diet and weight related illnesses? Why you buy sport of course.

I mean what else could you do? Your product isn't defensible nutritionally, and that coupled with that same product's absolutely merciless marketing means you've got to deflect attention.

And what better deflection than sport? Sport is healthful, which may, by extension, lead people to think of your flagship product as less awful, ties your company's branding to the joy associated with exercise and competition, infers that diet and weight related diseases are not your product's fault but rather the fault of individual inactivity, opens the door to marketing directly to children, and allows you to claim that you're doing your part to help when facing product unfriendly legislation which you're working tirelessly to forestall.

If I were that company's CEO, I'd do the same. What other choice would I have?

Whoever at Coca-Cola managed to put together their Together We Move program and its subsequent purchase of sport in Europe, sadly they deserve a raise. 

http://www.weightymatters.ca/2015/05/coca-colas-together-we-move-promotes.html
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Coca-Cola's "Together We Move" Promotes The Nutritionally Indefensible Empty Re: Coca-Cola's "Together We Move" Promotes The Nutritionally Indefensible

Post by Paul1976 Thu May 21 2015, 22:52

Coca-Cola and sport eh? One sport comes to mind for those who wish to chug on a gallon of coke a day and make the best of the change in their shape...Sumo wrestling!! woot facepalm

10 out of 10 for creativity at least on Coca-Cola's part eh folks?
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Coca-Cola's "Together We Move" Promotes The Nutritionally Indefensible Empty Re: Coca-Cola's "Together We Move" Promotes The Nutritionally Indefensible

Post by Jan1 Fri May 22 2015, 11:33

Well I like the Happiness is Movement Part !

But happiness, movement - and just plain water works for me ...

All the best Jan
    Two Collies
    Two Collies

Male Posts : 133

Post by Two Collies Fri May 22 2015, 11:53

"Happiness is movement"
    That could be the slogan of the laxatives industry!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 04:18