THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

2 posters

Meanwhile over at the flog.

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Meanwhile over at the flog.  Empty Meanwhile over at the flog.

Post by Eddie Mon Apr 20 2015, 14:54

"I am 46 and been type 2 since 2003. Finally decided to give this diet a go, even though it has only been tested on newly diagnosed, what have I got to lose. Anybody else tried it who has suffered for 10 years or more? What were the successes?"

"oops some details:

Weight 12 stone- 39% fat
    last 3 month average blood 10.7%
    Morning reading 11.8
    4 metformin
    4 gliclizide
    1 januvia
    1 statin
    60 units of lantus once a day"

If this horror story is true, none of the members here have anything to worry about. I am amazed this person is still in one piece, makes you wonder about her GP. Sounds like a big pharma reps wet dream.  

Link to the flog posts here http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/day-one-newcastle-diet.75791/
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Meanwhile over at the flog.  Empty Re: Meanwhile over at the flog.

Post by mo1905 Mon Apr 20 2015, 16:34

Ticking time bomb eh ? What worries me is the possible damage done over the last 10 years ! Those figures and meds make some horrific reading ! Still, Nobhead will soon be along to tell her to see her GP :-)

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 06:19