THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+2
zand
Eddie
6 posters

Breasts shock horror !

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Breasts shock horror ! Empty Breasts shock horror !

Post by Eddie Mon Aug 25 2014, 19:14

Breasts shock horror ! Bv5lAV_IQAA9eLI
    What a crazy world we live in ! Dead children lying mutilated by war on the news is OK, but let's all cringe at a mother feeding her baby. Beam me up Scotty !

Regards Eddie

Last edited by eddie1 on Mon Aug 25 2014, 20:28; edited 1 time in total
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Breasts shock horror ! Empty Re: Breasts shock horror !

Post by zand Mon Aug 25 2014, 19:58

It's a long time ago now, but the only place I ever got told off for breast feeding was when I took my 3 1/2 year old for a hearing test in hospital when my baby was only 3 weeks old. I was asked to leave the waiting area as people might have been offended. There was only an elderly couple and us there and they weren't even aware what I was doing because I always wore layers so that I was mostly covered up. They were quite upset when they realised why I had been moved.
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Mon Aug 25 2014, 20:19

id love women to breast feed in public, in fact they should get their breasts out if they have a baby or not

Shocked did i say that out loud?
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Mon Aug 25 2014, 20:37

Andy12345 wrote:id love women to breast feed in public, in fact they should get their breasts out if they have a baby or not

Andy, you are beginning to worry me, are you on the offenders register ? Shocked

Eddie
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Mon Aug 25 2014, 22:53

When my children were young I was an active member of the National Childbirth Trust. When the breast feeding counsellor wasn’t available her calls were often re-directed to me. However, it was amazing the number of times Eddie answered the phone and the woman on the end of the phone would go straight into a conversation about breasts, nipples, latching on etc. In fact he became quite an expert on the subject of breasts and breast pumps.  Shocked  

However, going back to the cartoon ….. this just shows the stupidity and ignorance out there. Breast feeding is such a natural thing and women should not feel they have to hide away. In the past I have known many who have sat in toilet booths breast feeding - not an ideal situation.

It is now 2014 (last time I looked) and things have improved - but with most things there is still room for improvement. Whether a mother breast or bottle feeds, and the decision is a personal one, there is something special with that mother / child relationship…….it is to be cherished.

I love it too when fathers involve themselves - obviously not so easy if breastfeeding but whether bottle feeding, nappy changing, holding and cuddling a child….. I strongly believe fathers should be involved in the new family unit.

Special times indeed but then I guess I’m an old fashioned sort of girl.   flower

All the best Jan
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Tue Aug 26 2014, 15:26

I totally agree! What a sad state of affairs! About the most natural thing in this world is a mother feeding her child and yet it offends some folks???? Completely nuts!! Sad
    Thundercat
    Thundercat

Female Posts : 15

Post by Thundercat Tue Aug 26 2014, 16:46

Andy12345 wrote:id love women to breast feed in public, in fact they should get their breasts out if they have a baby or not

Have you ever considered self monitoring those inner voices? Just a thought Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26 2024, 17:29