THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+2
beardie
Eddie
6 posters

Living in a world of complete fantasy.

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Living in a world of complete fantasy.  Empty Living in a world of complete fantasy.

Post by Eddie Mon Apr 13 2015, 19:36

Do you ever think, I f I could change places with someone I would be that person. I played drums very poorly for round fifty years, this guy is my hero, Manu Katche. He is a Frenchman of North African origin. He trained as a concert pianist, but dumped the piano for a drum kit. He has played for many big names. I once read he had been described as half man half octopus, they were right. He is the freest drummer I have ever seen, a blank mind that could throw himself at a drum kit and would sound fantastic. Check out this short clip here. Who would you change places with?

beardie
    beardie

Living in a world of complete fantasy.  Empty Re: Living in a world of complete fantasy.

Post by beardie Mon Apr 13 2015, 20:05

Not at all.
    If I was not me I would not have met my wife.
    I can pick up most instruments an play a recognisable but bad tune.
    Drums are impossible and anyone who can even keep a beat on them has made a pact with the devil.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Living in a world of complete fantasy.  Empty Re: Living in a world of complete fantasy.

Post by Eddie Mon Apr 13 2015, 20:38

Here is Manu playing for Loreena McKennitt the man can play any style, a musical genius.

beardie
    beardie

Post by beardie Mon Apr 13 2015, 20:58

Strictly speaking a rhythmic genius. I enjoyed that very much. he is good.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Mon Apr 13 2015, 21:17

Bit predictable maybe but I'm a huge Sinatra fan. Loved his music and his persona. I've read many different biographies and this man really knew how to live. Enjoy.
    beardie
    beardie

Post by beardie Mon Apr 13 2015, 21:22

Seems the mob could sing in tune. ISH.
    beardie
    beardie

Post by beardie Mon Apr 13 2015, 21:24

Incredible showman.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Wed Apr 15 2015, 09:13

What people ever saw in Sinatra is beyond me. Apart from talent, looks, personality and a ton of dosh, the fella had nothing going for him. affraid
    Dillinger
    Dillinger

Male Posts : 209

Post by Dillinger Wed Apr 15 2015, 15:23

Have you ever read the biography of Harpo Marx called 'Harpo Speaks'? It's a great book. I think too many musicians are mad and probably the Marx brothers were mad too but in a better way. It sounds like he had a lovely, very funny charmed life.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Thu Apr 16 2015, 11:08

I'm currently reading the Peter Sellars life story. Another genius and another who certainly lived life to the full.
    horfilmania
    horfilmania

Female Posts : 68

Post by horfilmania Thu Apr 16 2015, 18:19

Living in a world of complete fantasy.  Quote-i-wish-frank-sinatra-would-just-shut-up-and-sing-lauren-bacall-9350
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Thu Apr 16 2015, 21:45

horfilmania wrote:Living in a world of complete fantasy.  Quote-i-wish-frank-sinatra-would-just-shut-up-and-sing-lauren-bacall-9350

Lol ! After Mr Bogart died, Frank and Lauren began an affair and there was talk of marriage but Frank called it off !
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Thu Apr 16 2015, 21:51

I just wish I could sing ....... so does Eddie - he has to put up with my many 'tuneful' ditties during the day.

My one dream would be able to play the piano SUPERBLY ......  I can just about about manage 'chopsticks'

All the best Jan

flower
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Thu Apr 16 2015, 22:03

I used to think I had quite a good voice until I listened to myself on a recording. Oh dear, I have been bluffing lol ! It was bloody awful !

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06 2024, 23:19